Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, jonjon said:

I hope you have a large amount in your war chest, we know what price we want, and we rarely waiver on it, are you prepared to pay the asking price this time round, or are you going to miss the boat again?

I think you might be confusing this Villa fan forum for the actual club. I doubt we have any inside knowledge as to the ‘war chest’ or what we are prepared to pay :) 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Problem is Sarr cost Watford 30m so think even going down Watford will be confident of getting that back given he had some good games from December onwards.

Think Deulofeu is more realistic although he is injured currently so not sure how far into next season before he's available.

Think Sarr was £25mil but that's the going rate these days for a good PL winger so we'll have to pay it for someone else if we don't for him. I'm not sure on our budget but let's say it's around £100-120mil (hopefully it's a bit more), we'll probably be looking at 5 players at an average of £20-25mil per player. Remember AEG and Trez were c. £10mil but as seen are not at the standard needed to play week in week out in this league (though I'd keep as squad options). 

I like Sarr, he's stupidly quick and 5 goals in 28 games for a struggling team who were rock bottom for nearly half the season in his first season in this league is good going. He was certainly in their top 3 performers this season and given his age I think he has the potential to be a top winger in this league. If he was available at £25mil I'd be astounded if we weren't interested.

I personally would make Sarr, Rashica and Benrahma our top three targets for the wide positions. Though a really marquee signing in this area would be nice too.

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

I think you might be confusing this Villa fan forum for the actual club. I doubt we have any inside knowledge as to the ‘war chest’ or what we are prepared to pay :) 

No different than our fans forum as well 🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Dwight McNeil anyone? Trickery, only 20, would be a bit of a ‘statement’ as European clubs have looked at him, and it’d weaken Burnley.

I heard a lot about us being Prem experience, but I’m not seeing many Prem names being mentioned!

Really like him, lots of potential, still young but with quite a lot of experience already. A good set piece taker too, something we need when Hourihane isn't playing. He'd probably cost in the region of 35-45 mil. I'm not sure we can afford to spend that much, as we have at least 4 or 5 positions to fill. 

• Like 1

Is Benhrama big enough for the Prem? i say that only because we thought McGinn's arse was unrivalled in its power to deflect grown men - then it turns out there are bigger stronger arses in the premier league. Only through intensive gluteal training after injury was it able to compete. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, MCU said:

Who are these replacements you got lined up? Let our manager know will you.

Dean will find out like all of us when ink is dry on the contracts, exciting times for all!!

51 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’d stay away from him. Hasn’t he been relegated twice in a row. Now it’s probably not all down to him, but I’m always sceptical about people with records like that

To be fair that happened to Adama and Ayew too.  Always the risk when a player leaves a relegated team to a struggling Premier League team.

9 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Dwight McNeil anyone? Trickery, only 20, would be a bit of a ‘statement’ as European clubs have looked at him, and it’d weaken Burnley.

I heard a lot about us being Prem experience, but I’m not seeing many Prem names being mentioned!

Always stood out when I saw Burnley this season.

• Like 2

Sarr's being linked to Man Utd and Liverpool, whenever I've watched Watford he's looked just as dangerous as Adama has for Wolves, don't think they will let him go cheaply, can see them wanting at least £40m for him, if not more than that.

1 minute ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Really like him, lots of potential, still young but with quite a lot of experience already. A good set piece taker too, something we need when Hourihane isn't playing. He'd probably cost in the region of 35-45 mil. I'm not sure we can afford to spend that much, as we have at least 4 or 5 positions to fill. 

I think that price range is probably right. But how much of a statement would that be!?

£35-45m on McNeil

I reckon that would leave around £75-80m of our budget, which would probably only be enough for another 2-3 players. Say (examples), Benrahma £30m, Mitrovic £25m. Then another £20-25m left for a centre-mid.

If the club are fairly confident that Grealish will go for £60-80m, then spending £35-40m on a few players is what I actually think we should be doing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Dean will find out like all of us when ink is dry on the contracts, exciting times for all!!

This is probably not the place for it....

...but good luck in your home leg. Would like to see you come up. 👍

10 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Think Sarr was £25mil but that's the going rate these days for a good PL winger so we'll have to pay it for someone else if we don't for him. I'm not sure on our budget but let's say it's around £100-120mil (hopefully it's a bit more), we'll probably be looking at 5 players at an average of £20-25mil per player. Remember AEG and Trez were c. £10mil but as seen are not at the standard needed to play week in week out in this league (though I'd keep as squad options). 

I like Sarr, he's stupidly quick and 5 goals in 28 games for a struggling team who were rock bottom for nearly half the season in his first season in this league is good going. He was certainly in their top 3 performers this season and given his age I think he has the potential to be a top winger in this league. If he was available at £25mil I'd be astounded if we weren't interested.

I personally would make Sarr, Rashica and Benrahma our top three targets for the wide positions. Though a really marquee signing in this area would be nice too.

Would throw joe lolley in there too.

56 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Yes if the worse happens Watkins will be sold and even if we go up Benrahma will be off Chelsea seem  favourites.I believe we have replacements already lined up.

May I highly recommend you trezeguet 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I like Brentford and if it wasn’t for me wanted villa to sign Benrahma I’d like to see them come up.

I think benrahma will go even if they go up . I hope brentford come up too 

Edited by Eastie

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I think that price range is probably right. But how much of a statement would that be!?

£35-45m on McNeil

I reckon that would leave around £75-80m of our budget, which would probably only be enough for another 2-3 players. Say (examples), Benrahma £30m, Mitrovic £25m. Then another £20-25m left for a centre-mid.

If the club are fairly confident that Grealish will go for £60-80m, then spending £35-40m on a few players is what I actually think we should be doing.

Bloody hell didn’t realise he was that highly rated! 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Always stood out when I saw Burnley this season.

It’s quite impressive that a 20-year-old broke his way through and became the clubs main (or only) source of creativity.

I’d be after him all day long if I was Smith. English, Young, experienced, massive potential, bound to get an England call up soon. From what I’ve read he’s a good character too, fairly quiet and reserved in personality like Konsa. In fact, Konsa and McNeil might have played together in one of the England U21/20 sides.

20 minutes ago, peterw said:

Yeah I'd look at rb before lb although I agree we need more depth at lb. Funny how a rb is always seen as capable at covering lb, too, but never the other way round.

Anyone can cover RB, at least according to MON.

Meanwhile it’s Wednesday, so 3 signings coming in yeh?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bloody hell didn’t realise he was that highly rated! 

Paper talk, but Juve were rumoured to be interested in late 2019. A few top 6 clubs like Spurs have been linked too, I’m sure.

His value would be lower if he wasn’t young, English and with 3-4 years left on his contract!

Edited by Rob182