Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

11 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Apparently berardi has been really good the last few seasons. He hasn't progressed as much as expected but he seems to have made a pretty big jump this season with 13 goals and 7 assists in 29 games compared to 8 and 4 in 35 last year.

It seems he was incredibly hot to start the season though scoring 6 and assisting 2 before November so those stats should be taken with a grain of salt. But 7 and 5 is pretty decent in probably 16 or 17 games in a defenders league.

This isn't your grandfather's Serie A. More goals scored per match in Italy than England this year.

GOALS PER MATCH

Bundesliga: 3.21
Serie A: 3.02
Premier League: 2.72
Ligue 1: 2.52
La Liga: 2.48

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Wow, didn't realise Gattuso was manager of Napoli. Does he have incriminating pictures of people or something? Milan aside (where you should expect a decent win percentage), he's seemed like mad garbage. 

When he took over Napoli had 9 points through 10 matches. They've had 50 in the 27 since he took over. That's more PPM (1.85) than he had at Milan (1.72).

Anyway, this is far too much Napoli discussion for a Villa transfers thread. 🤣

• Like 2

Just now, VillaHatesMe said:

This isn't your grandfather's Serie A. More goals scored per match in Italy than England this year.

GOALS PER MATCH

Crazy how the goals per match is actually in revers to how you probably would have ordered it based on stereotypes. To me it shows the disparity in quality between the top and the bottom of the league in both the Serie A and Bundesliga. Ligue 1 would normally fall into that category but it has been a one horse race for about 5 years now so I'm not surprised the number rof goals scored is so low. 

21 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

When he took over Napoli had 9 points through 10 matches. They've had 50 in the 27 since he took over. That's more PPM (1.85) than he had at Milan (1.72).

Anyway, this is far too much Napoli discussion for a Villa transfers thread. 🤣

If I took over Napoli tomorrow. I would be expecting more than 9 points from my first 10 matches, with that squad (whilst I necked beers, cappacinos, ate cured meats and did sod all but pick the starting 11). I'm happy to see him doing well now but he seemed to always be getting sacked or quitting anytime I heard his name! Used to love him as a player. Absolute shit-house destroyer who could play a bit too. Kante/Makekele weren't the 1st midget dm's. 

2 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

If I took over Napoli tomorrow. I would be expecting more than 9 points from my first 10 matches, with that squad (whilst I necked beers, cappacinos, ate cured meats and did sod all but pick the starting 11). I'm happy to see him doing well now but he seemed to always be getting sacked or quitting anytime I heard his name! Used to love him as a player. Absolute shit-house destroyer who could play a bit too. Kante/Makekele weren't the 1st midget dm's. 

For sure, we could use a Gattuso type in our midfield. The Camara kid I mentioned earlier is that type. Not the same build as Gattuso, but always finds himself in the middle of it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

For sure, we could use a Gattuso type in our midfield. The Camara kid I mentioned earlier is that type. Not the same build as Gattuso, but always finds himself in the middle of it

Got any links to him in action to see what he's about? I can't keep up with this thread 😆

26 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Got any links to him in action to see what he's about? I can't keep up with this thread 😆

I think even the people causing you not to keep up cant keep up with this thread.

(Pinch of salt with the link needed)

Honestly never heard of him but a quick Mooney reveals he’s a 27yr old french left back.

maybe a replacement for Taylor to add competition for Targett?

Appreciate it’s a twitter link so necessary levels of belief required. 

Edited by theboyangel

5 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

GOALS PER MATCH

That’s just because VAR ruled out a ridiculous amount in the PL

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Honestly never heard of him but a quick Mooney reveals he’s a 27yr old french left back.

LB is low priority. I'd be surprised.  W, ST, W, MF, RB are the most pressing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rolta said:

LB is low priority. I'd be surprised.  W, ST, W, MF, RB are the most pressing.

This. I’m relatively happy with Targett though wouldn’t say no to competition/replacement for Taylor.

i don’t see RB as a priority. I think Guilbert will improve with the experience of this season and I felt Elmo was a major catalyst in our revival he deserves another year. 

Your list is spot on though. Maybe add a CB depending on Engels and a GK depending if Heaton is fit to start. 

• Like 2

Demarai Gray, David Brooks, Rico Henry, Emiliano Buendia, Ebere Eze, Ismail Sarr, Todd Cantwell, Philip Billing, Said Benrahma, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Milot Rashica

Just a random list of players that I think we should be looking at to go with the unknown YouTube superstars we’ve all never heard of. 

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Rico Henry anyone? To compete with Taylor. If Brentford dont go up I imagine he’d be available for around 10m

If we’re raiding Brentford, I’d out Benrahma and Ollie Watkins as targets before Rico Henry but wouldn’t mind him as a replacement for Taylor

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

If we’re raiding Brentford, I’d out Benrahma and Ollie Watkins as targets before Rico Henry but wouldn’t mind him as a replacement for Taylor

We were linked to Watkins back before he signed for Brentford. I'm pretty much from Exeter and I'd love him to sign for us. He looks like he has everything you want in a striker—big, strong, quick. He can play wide or up front. Though I haven't seen him play other than against us to be fair.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Same guy says we are in for Everton Soares.

• Like 1