Relegation thread

Knutserov13

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

We've had it.

Think we'll struggle to get to 30 points now which will make DS position simply untenable.

I don't understand how things could drastically change like this after losing away to the third placed team who've already put 6 past us this season.

• Like 1

I really cant see us staying up now tbh. Our run in is horrible & this lot are just too unreliable and not good at their jobs.

As for next season it's tough to say how we'll do as we have no idea what team we'll have nor whether we'll get a better manager & coaches. I don't see enough quality here Minus Grealish & no doubt a few others, to finish top two but of course we may have a few come in so who knows.

3 hours ago, terrytini said:

We aren’t down yet. Still a long way to go. We are awful at present, it needn’t last.

This.

It's still hard to predict. We are awful, but hopefully other teams keep losing points.

Watford were in a much worse position than us, but they had fight.

We've shown fight here and there. We've played good in almost every game until the Wolves games (apart from Leicester away). After Wolves we had two good games against Newcastle and Man Utd. Then we had our worst run (which we somehow kept winning points here and there). Now we're in a losing run as we did after Man Utd. We gifted Leicester goals (not as if we were doing good but the way they had their goals is unbelievable).

Something needs to change tactically and mentally. We're still in it. I will still wait for games and watch and cheer. I will keep following other team matches and hope for the best. In relegation, a point could be the different.

More then quarter of the season is left. It's not over.

We've been in a much similar position this year, and even last year. We were losing to the likes of Wigan 3-0 at their place. We looked dire.

We have McGinn coming back, our main issue so far is definitely the midfield.

I didn't want to open VT, didn't want to read anything about Villa at whatsapp. It's annoying. But at the end of the day, I can't stop myself. I might be a bit optimistic. But what do I have else to do? I'd say I'm more hopeful than I'm optimistic.

We've seen a lot of ups and downs, even during this season. We can still come back and play well. The most time I saw myself surrendering was during December. But we had an ok January. Let's see what could happen against Chelsea, could be our last game at home with crowd. Let's also see what our rivals do. Hopefully we're still in touch after the break we'll have.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

Problem for us is the players don't look desperate for the fight my take we see it here and there.We have looked relegated the last 6 weeks the amount of errors and disorganization is laughable.

This is the issue for me. It's still in our hands, if we win the game in hand we just need to match Bournemouth and Watford to stay up. The problem is the players look like they have no desire to make that happen. Even Grealish was a shadow last night.

Losing to a team like Leicester is acceptable. But throwing in the towel against them isn't.

Edited by RichiBoi11

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’ve tried to maintain as positive a vibe as possible but I think the writings on the wall now.

Awful last night, just no fight or effort really.

Same here. I’ve tried to remain positive but if we stick with Smith we’re down. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kingman said:

When you look back, I think we were down at Christmas. 

No we actually had a very good January- well apart from Man City. Got to league cup final and wins versus Watford and Burnley.  It is the last 4 games have been the killer. We had to get something at Bournemouth and we blew Spurs. Defining point of the season.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

We've been awful away from home all season. We're much better at home with McGinn back next week with a game in hand 2 points a drift. 

I'm not holding my breath though. Come Saturday I'll be full of positivity until 3.15pm

Haha. The curse of the Villa fan. I'll be exactly the same but we get to be positive until 5.45 as it's a 5.30 kick off

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Club **** up big time with recruitment in the summer. We needed a powerhouse midfielder but took a luxury signing in Luiz

I also still think we would have been relegated already with Adomah, Whelan, Hutton etc

A big powerhouse like... Phillip Billing?

Oh wait, he got relegated with Huddersfield last year and could get relegated with Bournemouth this year.

Everyone thinks they know the answer, but the truth is that you just can’t build a Premier League squad with £130m. You need to share that between 6 players, maximum. Not 14 or however many we bought.

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Oh wait, he got relegated with Huddersfield last year and could get relegated with Bournemouth this year.

Everyone thinks they know the answer, but the truth is that you just can’t build a Premier League squad with £130m. You need to share that between 6 players, maximum. Not 14 or however many we bought.

I dont think he is the answer but I think somebody next to Nakamba with an engine would have freed up McGinn as well. 

Sure its all hindsight now

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’ve tried to maintain as positive a vibe as possible but I think the writings on the wall now.

Awful last night, just no fight or effort really.

Same as, last night was the final straw. I expected to lose but that performance was beyond bad. 5 defeats in a row and each performance worse than the last. Outclassed not just by leicester and Man City but by Southampton too.

Edited by villa89

9 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I think we'll be starting

Nyland, Guilbert, Engels, Konsa, Targett, Nakamba, Hourihane, O'Hare, Trez, ELG, Davis

Jack, McGinn, Mings, Luiz, Samatta all likely to go.

I think that team is easily capable of making play-offs. Perhaps bring in a new, experienced CM on loan, and maybe push O’Hare to the bench.

I think Samatta will stay, McGinn also might. He signed a 5-year deal and has been out half the season injured. I don’t think clubs will be willing to spend what we value him at.

Thought to myself back in November we are going down.

The main issue is that although we are rubbish, teams easily beat us and we don't seem to be able to stop that.

The other problem with going down as many clubs have found yes, lets develop the young players and build on that blah blah...but what happens you do well - you look like you could go up then a Premier League team come sniffing and make us an offer for our young and hungry players that we have developed and this offer that we should refuse..... is accepted.

We lose the player (s) and drop down in the league repeat season after season. We will become a Forest, Wednesday and other long lost giants of the game while the Sky top 6 battle it out watched by the plastics

VTID

Derek

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Aaron Mooy would've been a decent pick up imo. That said he's playing every week for Brighton and they can't win either!

• Like 1