Relegation thread

Knutserov13

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not really. They have a similar style of play.

There's tons of fast players I could compare Saint-Maximin to. I compare him to Adama because he reminds me of the way he plays and the unrealised potential he has.

Not sure they really have a similar style of play tbh - aside from dribbling with the ball.

Traore is a proper wide man, wants to beat his man on their outside then get a cross in.  Saint-Maximin seems to want to constantly cut-in and play a through ball/get a shot away.  I dunno, seems a lazy comparison to me.

1 hour ago, momo said:

Villatalk has been selling him the whole year. I mean, have some ambitions. Villa will stay up, and next year Villa will be challenging for top 4. Why would he leave?

You've pretty much answered your own question. Jack is leaving this summer regardless of what happens to Villa and he'll leave with my best wishes. 

Just now, bobzy said:

Not sure they really have a similar style of play tbh - aside from dribbling with the ball.

Traore is a proper wide man, wants to beat his man on their outside then get a cross in.  Saint-Maximin seems to want to constantly cut-in and play a through ball/get a shot away.  I dunno, seems a lazy comparison to me.

Well you're wrong.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Think the comparison between a younger Adama and Saint Maxime is very apt.

Adama has evolved since then thou.

Exactly. Back then Adama did too much with the ball, tried to cut inside too much, beat too many men and generally do too much on his own. He was quick and powerful but at times didn't release the ball when he should or play obvious passes that were on which would have brought other players into the game and allow him to use his pace to get into better positions. Despite him being very exciting he looked raw and looked like he had loads of unrealised potential.

That's how I feel when I watch Saint-Maximin too.

But nah. It's coz they are both well fast innit!!1!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly. Back then Adama did too much with the ball, tried to cut inside too much, beat too many men and generally do too much on his own. He was quick and powerful but at times didn't release the ball when he should or play obvious passes that were on. Despite him being very exciting he looked raw and looked like he had loads of unrealised potential.

That's how I feel when I watch Saint-Maximin too.

But nah. It's coz they are both well fast innit!!1!

And colored! Some blatant racism going on here ;)

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I absolutely love some of these player comparisons of who we could/should have bought.

Allan ‘headless chicken’ Saint-Maximin with his 3 goals and 1 assist in all comps (21 apps). Every time I’ve seen him he’s just looked like a poor Shaun Wright-Phillips or Bolasie. He’s young, so will no doubt improve, but this season he just sprints around attempting step-overs and then blasts the ball into the crowd. Didn’t one of his shots against us go out for a throw in?

Whereas El Ghazi, for a third of the price, has 6 goals and 4 assists in all competitions (29 appearances). Let’s have a bit of patience in some of our own lads, shall we. Don’t write them off like many did Veretout, Gueye and Amavi in their first season in the Prem. They’re all now really good players that we would need to break the bank for.

Well if the cap fits wear it.

Saint Maximin has been with Newcastle 5 minutes, so perhaps he will learn to pass and find his team mates in time.

He is drawing comparisons with Traore, in case you have missed it, he goes past players in a similar fashion, sure his overall game is to be improved, but as you keep saying about ours, its coming.

I would like wager 50p ( thats all the arguement is worth)that in 12 months time the growth value on the transfer market between the two is markedly in favour of Saint- Maximin

but if you are seriously comparing his impact with El Ghazi.......I'll leave you to it.

I think Villa fans would love to see Gazi going on solo runs more often.  he's got the talent but doesn't seem to have the belief he can go past his man.

St maximum and Traore have supreme confidence in themselves it takes a strong manager to take them to one side and teach them to make better decisions when to hold or give but do it at the right time. Remember Ronaldo when he came on the scene with those riddiculous high step overs. lucky he had Ferguson to tell him to cut it out or he would of ended up like david dunn.

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

You've pretty much answered your own question. Jack is leaving this summer regardless of what happens to Villa and he'll leave with my best wishes. 

You bolded the part that said that Villa will be fighting for top 4. So I am right or wrong?

5 hours ago, Rob182 said:

As well as being an amazing player, Grealish also meets all the criteria for inflating a player's price.

- Plays in an attacking position

- English

Is playing in an attacking position really a criteria for a high price anymore? I mean, look at how much Maguire and Van Dijk went for. Our own most expensive signing this season was probably a centre back. I say probably because of the potential to rise thing.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

If it isn't our own mistakes, it's on-field officiating and/or VAR screwing us.

Both happening at the same time all season and we're done for.

We're down in my eyes and nothing will change those thoughts.