Relegation thread

Knutserov13

19 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Need to start playing like this when McGinn is fit. We're not good enough to play 4-3-3 right now.                    

Nyland

Engels    Mings      Hause

Guilbert                              Targett

Nakamba McGinn

Grealish

Davis       Samatta

Yep, Sheff Utd's shape.

We should have tried it last season in our crap run, we should have tried it in pre-season, and we should have played it from about October.

Criminal that Smith didn't work on any other formation.

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Yep, Sheff Utd's shape.

We should have tried it last season in our crap run, we should have tried it in pre-season, and we should have played it from about October.

Criminal that Smith didn't work on any other formation.

We only had 1 forward thou for most of this season. Davis injured, then Wes injured. 

Add to that that Kodjia downed tools and isn't any good to begin with and our striker options have not been that suited to playing with 2 up front. However much it might had been a desirable option.

Just now, sne said:

We only had 1 forward thou for most of this season. Davis injured, then Wes injured. 

Add to that that Kodjia downed tools and isn't any good to begin with and our striker options have not been that suited to playing with 2 up front. However much it might had been a desirable option.

I agree but it isn't hindsight to say we should have signed another striker, it was a very common opinion.

Last season was when Smith's inability or refusal to try any other formation started to show. That formation is just my suggestion but for him to not even try an alternative this pre-season was foolish.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

I agree but it isn't hindsight to say we should have signed another striker, it was a very common opinion.

Last season was when Smith's inability or refusal to try any other formation started to show. That formation is just my suggestion but for him to not even try an alternative this pre-season was foolish.

Oh absolutely, missing out on signing another striker was a fatal mistake.

Our next four games are

Chelsea (H) We will lose this

Wolves (A) Must get at least a draw from this

Liverpool (H) Hoping they'll have won the league by this point and put out the same players we battered in the League Cup. Potentially three important points

Man Utd (H) Before their resurgence, I'd have thought we could win this. Not now. But still, a home game against a Man Utd side that is still not a juggernaut.

We need to figure out how to get points. Soon.

7 hours ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Come on Corona Virus League Cancellation, you're our only hope!

hope please GIF

Until you realise they promote and relegate teams based on where they are now in the league....

Oh My God Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Our next four games are

Liverpool (H) Hoping they'll have won the league by this point and put out the same players we battered in the League Cup. Potentially three important points

Man Utd (H) Before their resurgence, I'd have thought we could win this. Not now. But still, a home game against a Man Utd side that is still not a juggernaut.

How do you think we'll do in the games away to Liverpool and home to Wolves?😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

How do you think we'll do in the games away to Liverpool and home to Wolves?😉

3 points against Plop if they win the league beforehand.

1 point v Wolves if we play well, big if.

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

3 points against Plop if they win the league beforehand.

1 point v Wolves if we play well, big if.

Not totally sure you got the point of the comment you were responding to...😉

But if you are relying on Liverpool gifting matches to relegation candidates once they have sealed the PL title, well, I would class that as a high risk strategy!

46 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Not totally sure you got the point of the comment you were responding to...😉

But if you are relying on Liverpool gifting matches to relegation candidates once they have sealed the PL title, well, I would class that as a high risk strategy!

Man U did it v West Ham to secure the Tevez transfer , so let’s pretend we will sell them Jack if they gift us 3 points :)

for clarity I know Man U didn’t really 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

Our next four games are

We'll do well to get a point. Unfortunately our record against the top 8 or so is horrific, and Man U look a different side to the one we took a point from. 

I'd be surprised if we're within 6 points of safety after these 😔

If the FA makes the decision to suspend football in the country or call the season with current league positions final, Villa are going down. This weekend's game is **** massive, biggest game of the year, IMO. (If it's even played.)

Can we change the name of this thread to the "Championship 20/21" and start looking forward.

I'm not going to dwell on this season any longer, I am bereft of any clear vision that has us staying up.

If we do stay I'm willing to get a Villa tattoo to signify the miracle that will have to occur.

I am a DS fan, but the only way I don't see him getting sacked is if we win against Chelski. 

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

If the FA makes the decision to suspend football in the country or call the season with current league positions final, Villa are going down. This weekend's game is **** massive, biggest game of the year, IMO. (If it's even played.)

Yeah it'd be good if we got out of the relegation zone this weekend. But other teams will still have played an extra game than us—so hopefully they all lose anyway.

Shit, just looked at the fixtures and there are some points to be had for the rivals. Come on Wolves, Palace, Arsenal and Leicester.

It'd be typical if they all lose.

Edited by Rolta

From what I’ve been reading this morning, they are on about making the games behind closed doors, this will definitely not help us, we need a packed villa park with an atmosphere like against Everton till the end of the season

18 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

From what I’ve been reading this morning, they are on about making the games behind closed doors, this will definitely not help us, we need a packed villa park with an atmosphere like against Everton till the end of the season

Yeah I think if (when) this happens then we're done.

Although you do hear about shit five a side teams in training winning in-training competitions. So maybe...

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

This is the one thing I still cannot get my head around, going into the season with 1 inexperienced striker, did no one think it would be an issue?