Relegation thread

Knutserov13

UEFA having a pow wow on Tuesday to discuss this with the members...

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/mediaservices/mediareleases/newsid=2640887.html

In the light of the ongoing developments in the spread of COVID-19 across Europe and the changing analysis of the World Health Organisation, UEFA has today invited representatives of its 55 member associations, together with the boards of the European Club Association and the European Leagues and a representative of FIFPro, to attend meetings by videoconference on Tuesday 17 March to discuss European football’s response to the outbreak.

Discussions will include all domestic and European competitions, including UEFA EURO 2020.

Further communication will be made following those meetings.

Are people actually being serious about keeping the positions where they are? 🤣🤣

There is no way in hell that would happen, could happen or be allowed to happen.

Either the season is finished or its cancelled.

Edited by R.Bear

35 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Also, I think people are burying their heads in the sand, or as Nigel Pearson would say "are you an Ostrich?" if they think the league can just be suspended for a few weeks, or a month.... This could quite easily be going on into the summer months, so what happens then? Fixtures can't be played until May or June, then every one has about 10 games to catch up, etc. I really don't think it's plausible. The only plausible outcomes are carrying on behind closed doors or just binning off the season altogether.

on top of this, don't forget the European Championships in the summer which would mean there'd be no chance of the domestic leagues being completed? unless domestic football takes precedence over European tournaments?

• Like 1

I'd take an expanded league next season. But to be fair, no team has been mathematically relegated or promoted (and the playoff places usually go til the last game as well as the actual playoffs happening after the season ended). Putting it like that, the only fair thing is either to postpone the season or just cancel it outright.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Are people actually being serious about keeping the positions where they are? 🤣🤣

There is no way in hell that would happen, could happen or be allowed to happen.

Either the season is finished or its cancelled.

Less chance of season being cancelled at all though. Lesser of 2 evils.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

If Leicester players are tested and it's positive for the virus that could start a domino effect. They may not play Watford, we might need to cancel our game due to the possibility of contact with those players on Monday, it really could escalate quite easily from here.

Let's just finish it now, no relegations, and all come back refreshed in the summer with another years TV bonus... 👀

• Like 1

If one team has an outbreak, which it appears as though as happened then the PL will suspend the league. All other major sports leagues around the world have done so.

The behind closed doors thing is nonsense. The only reason the PL exists is purely to siphon money from regular stiffs like us.

• Like 1

Though I can't say I am a massive fan of dirtyleeds and albion it would be a tad unfair if they basically  almost get mathematically promoted and then got told that this season is null and void.

How would we have felt if this happened last season to us?

We could have a giant playoffs of the bottom 3 of the prem v the top 3 of the championships  later in the year?

Edited by The Fun Factory

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Though I can't say I am a massive fan of dirtyleeds and albion it would be a tad unfair if they basically get mathematically promoted and then got told that this season is null and void.

How would we have felt if this happened last season to us?

Terrible but tough shit. This is a deadly world wide pandemic. Football means **** all in these circumstances.

It will be a blessing for some teams, awful for others and wont make any difference to the vast majority.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Terrible but tough shit. This is a deadly world wide pandemic. Football means **** all in these circumstances.

It will be a blessing for some teams, awful for others and wont make any difference to the vast majority.

Deadly? Only if you're in your 80s and frail as **** tbf. 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Which due to the increasing improvement in healthcare is a sizable chunk of the worlds population...

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

If one team has an outbreak, which it appears as though as happened then the PL will suspend the league. All other major sports leagues around the world have done so.

The behind closed doors thing is nonsense. The only reason the PL exists is purely to siphon money from regular stiffs like us.

Premier League are a stubborn bunch of assholes and will continue to play until as long as possible. 

3 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Which due to the increasing improvement in healthcare is a sizable chunk of the worlds population...

Ah well, we'd save a load of money on pensions and might be able to reverse Brexit, so every cloud... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'll be honest, I dont care about the thousands that will die (as long as I dont know them). What I do care about is this shitshow of a club getting relegated.

If the PL is cancelled, they won't have died in vain.

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I'll be honest, I dont care about the thousands that will die (as long as I dont know them). What I do care about is this shitshow of a club getting relegated.

john cena omg GIF

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

If we go down, we go down. We'll be OK.