Relegation thread

Knutserov13

7 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

For us to get just one more point and take it to the last day and presumably win , im assuming your banking on west ham losing all 3 games ? Harsh.

Watford losing both of their next two games and getting bartered by City

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

For us to get just one more point and take it to the last day and presumably win , im assuming your banking on west ham losing all 3 games ? Harsh.

I think Watford May lose their last three games against West Ham, Man City and Arsenal

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Watford losing both of their next two games and getting bartered by City

I think city beating them is a dead cert. Arsenal ? Wouldn't be putting the house on that arsenal team, at all.

14 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I think city beating them is a dead cert. Arsenal ? Wouldn't be putting the house on that arsenal team, at all.

True but I was talking about taking it to the last day 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Not with our goal difference unfortunately 

-3 to Bournemouth.

-6 to Watford.

For us to get 4 points and look at GD, Bournemouth should not win more than 3 points, Watford win nothing.

Which means Watford should lose all 3 games, and averages -2 goals a game. Same goes with Bournemouth, we need them to be on -3 in the three games.

Man City could very well help us in terms of GD, we just need to focus in Everton now and hope for the best to come.

With West Ham, there is no chance for GD.

• Like 2

Imagine going into the final day like this:

Villa 36 pts

West Ham 35 pts

Watford 35 pts

Bournemouth 34 pts

Truly squeaky bum time. I'd be bricking it, even though a draw would be enough depending on GD. Reminds me of those relegation battles from the 2000's that always seemed to go to the last day. Any 2 teams could stay up there.

http://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/relegation-picks.56885/page-31

https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=176266&start=2180

The Watford (The Hornets' Nest) and West Ham (Knees Up Mother Brown) relegation threads above, start with our game on Sunday. They show that there are quite a few on their sites, that are as nervous as kittens too. 

A couple of posts that stood out for me are:

"I think this weekend might be one of those quirky weekends, excluding aleady relegated Norwich and which happen just once in every season, whereby all the relegation threatened teams all win" - (Puff Daddy @ 11.47) Hope he got that on with the bookies! 

"Only West Ham could win a game 4-0 and still leave you feeling this anxious at the end of a weekend" - (Harlow Essex Hammer).

"A fantastic win yesterday and yet so many of you are feeling worried.I reckon WHU will definitely stop up, hopefully you will put 4 goals past Villa in the last game of the season." - (Dances with Wolves) :angry:

"Last thing we want is to just need a draw against Villa. We’ll set up for a point, go a goal down and that’ll be it" - (binary). 

From THN:

"Why would the PL want the billionaire owned, 40k+ attendanced club from a big city to stay up over us?" - (Going Down).

"1-0 to Aston VARlla." - (simple MASH) :D

"The FA really doing all they can to keep Villa in the Prem." (MarkoaS). 

"Like I said yesterday, job far from done. Villa absolutely have potential to overtake us, given their fixtures." - (USA  Hornet).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’d prefer a Watford win or a draw in the West Ham game, it would put our destiny back into our own hands. A draw would be great. If we can squeak a win at Everton then it’s back in our own hands, I’d be delighted to go to WHU on the final day needing a win to save ourselves. There’d be immense pressure on WHU, what with them not knowing (apart from a win) what they might need, and with everything to lose. Villa would have everything to gain. However, that’s getting too far ahead of ourselves. We first need to get 3pts at Everton, and I think that is probably the biggest hurdle in our final 3 games. 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Villa 36 pts

West Ham 35 pts

Watford 35 pts

Bournemouth 34 pts

Truly squeaky bum time. I'd be bricking it, even though a draw would be enough depending on GD. Reminds me of those relegation battles from the 2000's that always seemed to go to the last day. Any 2 teams could stay up there.

I would buy that today, Can you please tell me how much to secure this position and I will forward the money

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Villa 36 pts

West Ham 35 pts

Watford 35 pts

Bournemouth 34 pts

I'm thinking in that scenario, a dull draw on the last day, might just suit everyone, other than Troy's Watford. ;)

There are going to be unexpected results, I’m sure. In my mind we have to win our final 3. I see Watford beating Arsenal, and I can now see a relieved ManCity being off their best as they now start to focus on Champions League and FA Cup. The dynamics seem to keep changing, even if only in the smallest of ways. The Watford/West Ham fixture is our one saving grace.

9 hours ago, omariqy said:

I’m glad this Southampton are playing Bournemouth.

they really are finishing the season on a high. it's refreshing to see and selfishly i hope they continue this at bournemouth

8 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

There are going to be unexpected results, I’m sure. In my mind we have to win our final 3. I see Watford beating Arsenal, and I can now see a relieved ManCity being off their best as they now start to focus on Champions League and FA Cup. The dynamics seem to keep changing, even if only in the smallest of ways. The Watford/West Ham fixture is our one saving grace.

Yep, we can’t rely on other results going our way. We have seen many times already this season other teams getting unexpected results, Watford beating Liverpool and Bournemouth beating Leicester are two that spring to mind. In my opinion We have to win all our games, and not leave it to others to help us out.

5 minutes ago, useless said:

We have to get summat from the next two before worrying about the last game of the season, for if we don't, that last game against West Ham won't matter. And us getting beat by both Everton and Arsenal would hardly be the most surprising set of results ever. We're also relying on there being no surprise results happening in the other fixtures, particularly West Ham against Man Utd, and Watford against Man CIty and Arsenal, but it's been a season full of upsets, so can't take it for granted that those games are going to go in our favour. Odds still against us, but still have a chance if we take it one game at a time.

Stating the obvious.

Edited by useless

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Villa 36 pts

West Ham 35 pts

Watford 35 pts

Bournemouth 34 pts

I'd hate this more than many other scenarios.  Us and West Ham playing out a gentle 0-0 to keep us both safe and then Watford and Bournemouth sending everyone up for an injury time free-kick/corner...I'd need new pants every few minutes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Basically I personally don't think that even taking into account freak occurrences - that Bournemouth will get any points Vs Man City and Saints. Or that Watford will get any points against West Ham and Man City. A gamble I know, but taking each match on its own that is how I think it will pan out (probably wrong!). 

Therefore 1 point gets us to within a win and goal difference swing of ousting Watford - by the final day's match - when Watford's goal difference should be very close to ours. 

Naturally I'd rather we picked up 6 points in that space - but it's of some likeliness that 1 further point will keep us in the hunt until the inevitable disaster of the last day. 

Edited by Jareth

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Villa 36 pts

West Ham 35 pts

Watford 35 pts

Bournemouth 34 pts

A draw would only be enough if you think a complacent Arsenal team couldn’t lose a game on the last day of the season.... I’m not too confident about that!

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

A draw would only be enough if you think a complacent Arsenal team couldn’t lose a game on the last day of the season.... I’m not too confident about that!

Or City smash Bournemouth goal difference to pieces