Relegation thread

Knutserov13

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'd happily take a 'win and stay up' match against West Ham right now.

yeah i think we all would. and preferably a 'win and stay up vs an already safe west ham'

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Bournemouth are away to City on Wednesday. If City play like they did vs Brighton they could hit double figures 

One thing about Guardiola teams is they dont go on the beach before the end of the season 

I always worry with City that they do that random game where they are relentless but just can't put the ball in the net.

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I always worry with City that they do that random game where they are relentless but just can't put the ball in the net.

Hopefully they had that last week against Saints.  🙏🏻

• Like 2

I too think we have left it too late.

But in relation to the debate about talent and hard work/Application.....Look at Leicester, yesterday, nothing, no desire, no energy, no intensity and in the top 5 ....amazing how low throwing the towel in, can leave you.....mind you I admire Brendan saying we was too soft, bravo for honesty.

However, It was Leiciester who looked like the relegation team.....and we have put in too many performances like that, during the season, its why we are where we are.......yesterday was a day off, for us fans...back to winning.

Edited by TRO

I am hopeful we see the same urgency, passion and energy against Everton and Arsenal. It's all about application and mental strength from here on.

If we do then we could have two wins going into the last game.

• Like 2

If's and But's (updated)

Watford to draw to Newcastle - win ❎

West Ham to beat Norwich - win ✅

Bournemouth to lose to Leicester - win ❎

Aston Villa to beat Crystal Palace - win ✅

16 - West Ham - 34 points

17 - Watford - 34 points

18 - Bournemouth - 31 points

19 - Aston Villa - 30 points

Edited by wilko154

If's and But's 

Another huge week coming up, just hoping that some results go our way!

Watford to draw to West Ham 

Bournemouth to lose to Man City

Aston Villa to beat Everton

16 - West Ham - 35 points

17 - Watford - 35 points

18 - Aston Villa - 33 points

19 - Bournemouth - 31 points

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I too think we have left it too late.

But in relation to the debate about talent and hard work/Application.....Look at Leicester, yesterday, nothing, no desire, no energy, no intensity and in the top 5 ....amazing how low throwing the towel in, can leave you.....mind you I admire Brendan saying we was too soft, bravo for honesty.

However, It was Leiciester who looked like the relegation team.....and we have put in too many performances like that, during the season, its why we are where we are.......yesterday was a day off, for us fans...back to winning.

I, three, think we have probably left it too late.

But, Bournemouth were absolutely battered in that first half by Leicester last night. 2 keeping errors by schmeichel (very bad ones) and a bit of petulence from soyuncu, in the space of 3 minutes, changed the game on its head. I don't think, until that point, Bournemouth showed any fight and Leicester showed a real lack of it to be honest.

I think Leicester did give up after that (which is where Rodgers would've considered them too soft) but it was individual errors that cost them that game, not a lack of fight.

16 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

If's and But's (updated)

17 - Watford - 34 points

19 - Aston Villa - 20 points

Well, we don't stand a chance with that points total. Gutted

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I, three, think we have probably left it too late.

But, Bournemouth were absolutely battered in that first half by Leicester last night. 2 keeping errors by schmeichel (very bad ones) and a bit of petulence from soyuncu, in the space of 3 minutes, changed the game on its head. I don't think, until that point, Bournemouth showed any fight and Leicester showed a real lack of it to be honest.

I think Leicester did give up after that (which is where Rodgers would've considered them too soft) but it was individual errors that cost them that game, not a lack of fight.

i stand by us and bournemouth to go. i dont think they will have enough. their defence was poor even before ake's injury, now they're proper ****. solanke could turn into messi and they're still in trouble

42 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

If's and But's (updated)

17 - Watford - 34 points

19 - Aston Villa - 20 points

Bloody VAR they’ve gone and taken 10 points off us!! 🤣

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

If's and But's 

17 - Watford - 35 points

If it works out like this. We'll only need to match West Ham's result against United when we play Arsenal (I could easily see us doing better). Do that, beat them n the final day and we finish above them. It all really depends on how Watford get on against Arsenal on the final day, I'm very nervous about that one.

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

If's and But's 

17 - Watford - 35 points

Does that set of results bring Brighton back in if they lose Thursday ? Would be on 36

27 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

Does that set of results bring Brighton back in if they lose Thursday ? Would be on 36

Yeh, I almost put them in this week. If they lose on Thursday they will be included next week. A tough game against Southampton for them.