Relegation thread

Knutserov13

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

4 points still might do it if West Ham beat Watford. Bournemouth might beat Everton or Southampton which could bring it down to goal difference.

A draw between West Ham and Watford is interesting. Means both are catchable. If we beat Everton we'd just have to match West Ham's result against United when we play Arsenal, which on paper is an easier task, then beat them on the final day. If Bournemouth get a couple of results, that could relegate both West Ham and Watford which would be just lovely.

We've just got to prepare for Thursday and try to win that. Control the controlables.

• Like 3

Surely there has to be 1 more game where Jack turns it on.  He's been so quiet and ineffective since restart.  We just need 1 magical game from him to propel us to a win.  Come on Jack. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddytheVillan said:

Leicester are utterly dreadful, even before the red card. How this team is in the top 4 and battered us 4-0, I'll never know. 

One off day  doesn't make them a bad side. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Arsenal dont have anythjng to play for now so hopefully they be om beach but who knows?

Then that goes for Watford too the following week. Which means we need them to lose against West Ham to stand a chance.

Just now, Johnnyp said:

I'm worried that people think Watford definetely won't get anything against Arsenal. They've won 2 on the bounce. Arsenal are improving but mistake ridden still. Calamitous at times today .

Luckily they've got 2 games to rectify that and Watford 2 games to get back into a rut.

2 hours ago, R.Bear said:

I wish people would stop saying “x have nothing to play for, x are on the beach” like it’s some exact science. We have no clue how teams will play or what the results will be. Predicting results is a nonsense.

Totally agree. Plus I read someone say it all hunches on the Arsenal result. Three games and nine points to play for. 

There will be, as always toward the end of the season, some strange results. See Bournemouth.

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Arsenal dont have anythjng to play for now so hopefully they be om beach but who knows?

We play them a cpl of days after the fa cup semi final, hopefully that goes to extra time and arteta decides aubameyeng etc...are too tired to play

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

It does look as though 7 points from the remaining fixtures is the minimum requirement to stand any chance now that Bournemouth have put the cat amongst the pigeons.

I still reckon 5 could do it (you could even argue 4 but we'd need decent swings on goal difference). Most important thing is Man. City continue being relentless in the league and stick 4 or 5 past Bournemouth and Watford in their next two league games. That would put their GDs closer to us.

If we get to 35 points then Bournemouth would probably have to win their final two rather than get 4 points. And Watford would need a win or two draws from the West Ham and Arsenal games which is more possible.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't take it to the final day now but we could easily get a 90 minute reality check at Everton that will make that less likely.

Edited by VillaChris

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Gotta come out guns blazing against Everton and not let up. They have nothing to play for. 

I'd disagree. Coleman hung em all out to dry after the defeat to wolves. Laid into them. I think they'll turn up Thursday.

Hopefully Ancelotti throws in a few more youth team players like that Gordon guy who's been starting games for them recently. Young and enthusastic but too many of them and you can see Jack suckering them into giving away dangerous FKs around the box.

Pickford might be dropped aswell as he was awful today.

Yep all the talk of us rolling over against the 'big teams' needs to change Thursday. They ain't no big team same points as Burnley. It's a must win. We've messed up so many times. Shef and Ncastle were there for the taking. Losing twice to Bournemouth borderline unforgivable. And I'd swap the Leicester cup and league results in a heartbeat (2-1 league win and 4-0 Cup loss)