Relegation thread

Knutserov13

32 minutes ago, MCU said:

Hmmm...what's the worst result for us when Watford play West Ham?

just done a predictor...answered as honestly as i could. we draw to WH and everton and beat arsenal. this however, is watford losing all 3 games. i really think they're our best hope and i'll be cheering on west ham on friday. we really need them to win IMO

Brighton & Hove Albion

37:55

Aston Villa

41:67

AFC Bournemouth

38:64

Watford FC

34:60

Norwich City

27:71

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

just done a predictor...answered as honestly as i could. we draw to WH and everton and beat arsenal. this however, is watford losing all 3 games. i really think they're our best hope and i'll be cheering on west ham on friday. we really need them to win IMO

Brighton & Hove Albion

Aston Villa

AFC Bournemouth

Watford FC

Norwich City

I agree but at the same time they play Arsenal in their last game and you can just see what will happen there. Any team with desire that plays against Arsenal tends to win. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Brighton & Hove Albion

Aston Villa

AFC Bournemouth

Watford FC

Norwich City

You answered honestly and said we'd beat Arsenal?

Can't see that happening with our record against "good" teams this season

7 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I agree but at the same time they play Arsenal in their last game and you can just see what will happen there. Any team with desire that plays against Arsenal tends to win. 

Arsenal are always up for it vs Watford. They dont like Deeney after he criticised them in public. Watford haven't beaten them since 

I know it's all pie in the sky stuff at this point and people will most likely tear this to shreds but here are my predictions for the end of the season.

Aston Villa

Everton (a) - DRAW

Arsenal (h) - DRAW

West Ham (a) - WIN

Bournemouth

Man City (a) - LOSS

Southampton (h) - DRAW

Everton (a) - DRAW

Watford

West Ham (a) - LOSS

Man City (h) - LOSS

Arsenal (a) - LOSS

West Ham

Watford (h) - WIN

Man Utd (a) - LOSS

Aston Villa (h) - LOSS

Brighton

Southampton (a) - LOSS

Newcastle (h) - DRAW

Burnley (a) - LOSS

This results in a final table of:

15 West Ham United 37

16 Brighton & Hove Albion 37

17 Aston Villa 35

18 Watford 34

19 AFC Bournemouth 33

20 Norwich City 21

Yes, I'm probably being too optimistic and this will probably get shot down but hey, let me dream! 😅

Edited by JPAngel
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You answered honestly and said we'd beat Arsenal?

Can't see that happening with our record against "good" teams this season

i'm more confident of beating arsenal than everton

it made me feel slightly better that we can stay up with only 5 more points

Beat Everton and we'll have the belief and confidence of 2 wins on the bounce for the first time in forever.  I fear a draw, whatever the results elsewhere, will see heads drop.  Loss and we're gone.

• Like 1

I certainly think Arsenal can be “got at” more than Everton. I’m certain we’ll see Coleman in the starting lineup for Everton, and he has the type of ability and character that can drag his teammates along with him. My prediction is we’re in for a really robust Everton opening 20mins or so, and we’ll really have to be prepared to start fast and aggressive ourselves to meet the challenge. 

Can't see us beating Arsenal at all. Think it will be one of those games where they barely get out of second gear and we don't capitalise. Also can't see us going unbeaten for the remainder of the season. I think we might go down on 34 points. 

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Really worried that Bournemouth might get something tonight.

I've got a sneaky suspicion they'll get something too.

12 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Cannot see it myself but who knows. Down the years they have it in them to cause an upset. But Pep has this city team drilled to show some pride and lay down a marker to Liverpool that next season won’t be so easy for them. 

Sterling is on fire as well. 

1 minute ago, deeps said:

Cannot see it myself but who knows. Down the years they have it in them to cause an upset. But Pep has this city team drilled to show some pride and lay down a marker to Liverpool that next season won’t be so easy for them. 

Sterling is on fire as well. 

Ake missing is a massive help also

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, omariqy said:

nah. can't see it. if they do, then fair **** to them, and they'll deserve to stop up.

it was a mad couple of mins that involved a schmeichel howler and soyunku losing his head that got them back in the game the other day. leicester gifted it to them and were so bad they made solanke look like messi by the end

pep looked fired up in his press conf. with the good news coming out this week they'll want to stick 2 fingers up to everyone that's criticizing the decision. ake is their best player by a mile and they'll be even more suspect at the back now...i can see it being a long night for them. hopefully anyway.