Relegation thread

Knutserov13

5 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I think we need 7 points as a minimum but sadly think we will get only 3 more.

i put 4 points into a predictor and had us down on goal difference. and that was with watford losing all 3 remaining games. imagine them staying up on GD over us after losing 8-0 this season

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i put 4 points into a predictor and had us down on goal difference. and that was with watford losing all 3 remaining games. imagine them staying up on GD over us after losing 8-0 this season

If they lose all 3 games, I don't see us having a worse GD. I imagine City would put at least 3 past them. Personally think it'll be 5.

• Like 1

The positive is that neither Everton not arsenal (and possibly west ham, by the time we face them) have anything to play for (league-wise), paired with the confidence boost from yesterday's victory it might boost our chances (even if just by a little). We have everything to play for, keep the faith! 

• Like 1

If you think Villa will get 6pts in remaining 3 games including 3 against WestHam, then the best result is a draw between westham and Watford.  I don’t think westham will get anything against man utd, but i think Watford is capable of getting something against Arsenal.  Im not even thinking about Bournemouth yet.

i think we will get 6 by the way.  Smith always goes on runs whom ever he has managed in past

Edited by HeyAnty
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

We need 6 points from the available 9 to have a chance of staying up.

Its that simple tbh.

Yeah but for 6 pts to keep us up, westham to draw with Watford is probably the best.

49 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

If you think Villa will get 6pts in remaining 3 games including 3 against WestHam, then the best result is a draw between westham and Watford.  I don’t think westham will get anything against man utd, but i think Watford is capable of getting something against Arsenal.  Im not even thinking about Bournemouth yet.

i think we will get 6 by the way.  Smith always goes on runs whom ever he has managed in past

Yeah I was thinking this too. That Bournemouth result changed everything. Before it was we have to finish above 1 out of 2, now it's 2 out of 3. So let that be both West Ham and Watford if that's the case. Bournemouth have shown they're capable of getting results, and they have Everton and Southampton as their last 2 games.

40 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Yeah but for 6 pts to keep us up, westham to draw with Watford is probably the best.

To be fair I kind of want West ham to beat Watford and go on a winning streak, and be completely safe of relegation by the time we play them, hopefully they will have nothing to play for where we will (this is assuming Watford don't also go on a winning run!)

But this all boils down to our own performance, we need to get 6, preferably 7 points from the 9 available to stand any chance.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

I, three, think we have probably left it too late.

But, Bournemouth were absolutely battered in that first half by Leicester last night. 2 keeping errors by schmeichel (very bad ones) and a bit of petulence from soyuncu, in the space of 3 minutes, changed the game on its head. I don't think, until that point, Bournemouth showed any fight and Leicester showed a real lack of it to be honest.

I think Leicester did give up after that (which is where Rodgers would've considered them too soft) but it was individual errors that cost them that game, not a lack of fight.

I think it was both.

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

To be fair I kind of want West ham to beat Watford and go on a winning streak, and be completely safe of relegation by the time we play them, hopefully they will have nothing to play for where we will (this is assuming Watford don't also go on a winning run!)

But this all boils down to our own performance, we need to get 6, preferably 7 points from the 9 available to stand any chance.

If Watford and West Ham draw, it's in our own hands. If we get 9 points we stay up, barring a miracle win by Watford against City.

Ideal scenario is that we win both our next two and Watford lose theirs, meaning that on the last day we will have two chances of staying up either by winning ourselves or hoping that Arsenal win, we'd just have to bettert or equal Watford's result. Before worrying about all that have to get a result against Everton first.

It’s amazing what a single win does for the old hope levels. We absolutely need to beat Everton though, if we lose then all of these scenarios will be moot. I’m feeling quietly confident that we can pull a result out at Goodison, provided the players can take a new confidence from the palace game. It’s all about momentum now, wins breed wins. 

21 minutes ago, hippo said:

Just watching Man U v Southampton - Manu flying high but are they really that much better than us?

Have you seen their front 4? Frightening. They've been the best team in the league since the restart.

21 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It’s amazing what a single win does for the old hope levels. We absolutely need to beat Everton though, if we lose then all of these scenarios will be moot. I’m feeling quietly confident that we can pull a result out at Goodison, provided the players can take a new confidence from the palace game. It’s all about momentum now, wins breed wins. 

The next dropping of points will have us done.