Relegation thread

Knutserov13

51 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Er......is this a joke?

No, I just meant we played The Baggies in our last Playoff Semi, a prospect I much prefer to facing Arsenal. 

35 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I don't think I could bear getting relegated on goal difference, it would be so cruel.

I think the ,not enough points is the real issue.

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think the ,not enough points is the real issue.

This. Whatever anyone else does we need at least 3 points to give ourselves a chance. Hopefully West Ham will be on holiday for the last game of the season. Anything against Arsenal would be a bonus.

Arsenal now have Europa league guaranteed, right? Losing FA Cup finalist takes the European place if the winner already qualifies? That leaves Arsenal with nothing to play vs us so we need to take advantage of that. 

Watford have done a crazy thing and sacked their manager with the hardest and most important two games of their season left. 

Bournemouth have a tough game at Everton left. They can win that so Villa get 6 points against our last two opponents and we're up for definite. I still think 4 points will be enough though as long as Man City and Arsenal beat Watford comfortably. 

• Like 1

There is a small part of me that thinks that because only Trez has scored goals from our frontline since the restart, you'd wonder how long the rest can play before actually pitching in!

Can our forwards actually come good in the most important games of the season?

No? I'll get me coat.

23 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Arsenal now have Europa league guaranteed, right? Losing FA Cup finalist takes the European place if the winner already qualifies? That leaves Arsenal with nothing to play vs us so we need to take advantage of that. 

Watford have done a crazy thing and sacked their manager with the hardest and most important two games of their season left. 

Bournemouth have a tough game at Everton left. They can win that so Villa get 6 points against our last two opponents and we're up for definite. I still think 4 points will be enough though as long as Man City and Arsenal beat Watford comfortably. 

Think Arsenal will really be hoping two wins has them finish ahead of Spurs. 

24 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Nope they changed it , if Chelsea / United  win the final the place goes to the next highest place league team so ro Qualify Arsenal need to win it or finish 7th

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Another great chance. If only we had hung on against Everton. So frustrating.

Surprisingly I think it is in our own hands.  While mathematically that’s not true, surely Watford can’t get another point.....anyway I’m going on that assumption.  Despite the 4 GD I still on the belief that one win might get us safe because of the score lines.

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Crazy decision to sack him. 

Pearson doesn’t get much luck. I think he does a decent job, if we went down and sacked Smith, I would actually feel reassured if we signed him, although wouldn’t want him in place for ever. However, I do hope we now stick with Smith - I think he has organised us since the break and its now just a lack of quality and no longer a lack of quality AND a lack of coaching/tactics

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Surprisingly I think it is in our own hands.  While mathematically that’s not true, surely Watford can’t get another point.....anyway I’m going on that assumption.  Despite the 4 GD I still on the belief that one win might get us safe because of the score lines.

If i had to bet my life on it, id say 34 will be enough.  So it will go down to goal difference.  Based on that Bournemouth would probably have best goal difference if they beat Everton. 

13 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

If i had to bet my life on it, id say 34 will be enough.  So it will go down to goal difference.  Based on that Bournemouth would probably have best goal difference if they beat Everton. 

I think this will be the scenario too - last day Bournemouth and Villa need the win, and then need to score more than each other. Watford had a chance Vs Arsenal, not anymore.