Generic Virus Thread

villakram

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

According to Sage theres between 43000-74000 new cases everyday in England alone. 

Yeah but these are the registered cases, the actual numbers in the US and everywhere else is obviously far greater.

As most of Europe enters a 2nd lockdown I'm loving the rabble rousing from the citizens of the country with the most deaths as it looms on them too

Particularly like the sheer number of people suggesting lockdown doesn't work because they tried it before and the virus still exists

Edited by villa4europe

Unless a vaccine comes along there is no way out of this is there but I also can't see how we can go on being in and out of full lockdown/some form of restrictions.

Even in countries that I'd assumed have a decent track and trace system and that have good health care/public health provision like Germany they have had to go into another lockdown so even if in UK we could get up to their level it still wouldn't be enough to avoid locking down.

Saying things look bleak would be an understatement.

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Out of interest, why would schools remain open when the virus spike occured in september (as schools went back) and 12.5% of cases are schools and unis. Makes no sense.

Because schools shutting puts a strain on parents needing to take time off work, so key workers or those who can work from home would also need to stop working, it has a huge impact 

Shops definitely seemed busier this morning. Think people are stockpiling again ahead of a potential lockdown 

Edited by Xela

34 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Out of interest, why would schools remain open when the virus spike occured in september (as schools went back) and 12.5% of cases are schools and unis. Makes no sense.

Because the government have no idea how to deal with the fall out of schools being closed. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Shops definitely seemed busier this morning. Think people are stockpiling again ahead of a potential lockdown 

Just got back from Tesco’s and it was pandemonium. Virtually all the bog roll is gone again and by the time I came out  there was good  30/40 people queueing to get in

47 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Downing St press conference confirmed for 4pm. Definitely happening then.

Announcing it on a Saturday afternoon is a bold move. Town centres will be carnage tonight imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Just got back from Tesco’s and it was pandemonium. Virtually all the bog roll is gone again and by the time I came out  there was good  30/40 people queueing to get in

People still don't realise that this doesn't give you the shits do they.

I went in this morning to stock up on fresh stuff, but it was full of morons clearing the shelves of tinned soup and tomatoes.

Having said that, I've made sure all year that I always have a few weeks worth of dried/tinned/frozen food, as I've mentioned a few times. It's just common sense, especially as we head towards the end of the transition period.

Â