Generic Virus Thread

villakram

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

People still don't realise that this doesn't give you the shits do they.

I went in this morning to stock up on fresh stuff, but it was full of morons clearing the shelves of tinned soup and tomatoes.

Having said that, I've made sure all year that I always have a few weeks worth of dried/tinned/frozen food, as I've mentioned a few times. It's just common sense, especially as we head towards the end of the transition period.

At the start of the year the Mrs cleared out a cupboard and made it the Brexit cupboard, it is now called the Covid cupboard And it’s full of nonperishable items. You never know what is round the corner

• Like 1

So the regional tier system than many said severely damages the economy but has little to no impact on the virus is going to be scrapped. They ignored the advice by SAGE in favour of this but it has been a failure.

At what point does the government’s incompetence become criminal negligence? 

34 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

People still don't realise that this doesn't give you the shits do they.

It did for me. Worryingly painful stomach cramps and a need to stay within quick reach of the bathroom amongst other symptoms

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trekka said:

We just can't control it without an effective vaccine.

Track, trace, Isolate. If that was working, then we'd be in a far better position. It's been the most essential thing to sort out since April.

Still, on the plus side, Serco's CEO will no doubt get a nice bonus.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

It did for me. Worryingly painful stomach cramps and a need to stay within quick reach of the bathroom amongst other symptoms

I stand corrected, it is listed as a symptom, just not a particularly common one!

47 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Just got back from Tesco’s and it was pandemonium. Virtually all the bog roll is gone again and by the time I came out  there was good  30/40 people queueing to get in

Why its not like the stocks will run out and people are going to be stopped from doing grocery shopping. Idiots!

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I stand corrected, it is listed as a symptom, just not a particularly common one!

Is there anything not listed as a symptom by now? 

I think if one thing is very clear by now it’s that it affects everyone differently.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Genie said:

So the regional tier system than many said severely damages the economy but has little to no impact on the virus is going to be scrapped. They ignored the advice by SAGE in favour of this but it has been a failure.

At what point does the government’s incompetence become criminal negligence? 

They don’t need to, because there are plenty of people shouting about how the opposition would do worse. This government are set for years, post truth world is perfect for them.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Can’t believe this was posted an hour ago and nobody has jumped in with a gravy joke yet

• Haha 4

They are going to frame it as tier 4 then and whole of England will go into it. Schools/colleges to remain open, construction to remain open, all non essential shops to close along with pubs/restaurants and no mixing with others house holds. Will be in place across whole of England until at least December 2nd then different parts of country may be opened up as per the existing 1-3 tiers.

Edited by markavfc40

The measures themselves seem fairly well known already, as is the norm with this approach to government via press briefings. What I'm far more interested in is what they're doing about furlough.It simply needs to be extended. Sadly I suspect they'll ban people from work for a month with no pay.

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

On a selfish point, I’m interested to know if factories and car dealerships will remain open. 

I imagine car dealerships will be the same as last time; open for servicing, but not permitted to trade. There's no suggestion of shutting down manufacturing and I can't imagine they will. 

Edited by Davkaus

Nice that they tell the media before the rest of us isn't it. Comes into effect Thursday at 00:01. 

"Hey everyone, state of emergency on the way. Just a heads up, 5 night's notice. Oh by the way, tonight is the last time for at least a month you can go out on the piss at the weekend. Don't do anything I wouldn't do, eh ;)"

Their incompetence is so staggering that it's hard to believe they could **** this up more if they were doing it deliberately.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Meh. I bet my office will still be open.

Everyone's will be

This is just shutting shops and pubs, thats it.

Shutting the stuff that isn't really causing the huge increases and keeping the stuff that is causing the increase open

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Nice that they tell the media before the rest of us isn't it. Comes into effect Thursday at 00:01. 

"Hey everyone, state of emergency on the way. Just a heads up, 5 night's notice. Oh by the way, tonight is the last time for at least a month you can go out on the piss at the weekend. Don't do anything I wouldn't do, eh ;)"

Their incompetence is so staggering that it's hard to believe they could **** this up more if they were doing it deliberately.

There will be 5 days of drinking, partying and clearing the supermarket shelves to look forward to. 

Â