Generic Virus Thread

villakram

2 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

You know all those apocalypse genre films where the characters make implausible, impossibly stupid choices leading to their demise that you just don't think any half-rational person would do?

If it's one thing this whole pandemic has taught me, it's that disaster films are actually closer to the mark then I'd given them credit for.  We are a monumentally stupid species.

I think it was in Men in Black when Tommy Lee Jones says ‘a person is smart, but people are stupid’. A theory well proved I think.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Uh-oh

Love to read all about these measures in your super soaraway Saturday Times, of course.

FFS - it has been obvious for about 5 weeks that there was no alternative. Tory dithering has costed lives. Why when the whole of Europe and the whole of GB, does a Tory government wait to the last moment to act? Because they are unfit to lead in a crisis. **** them. 

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

That is **** outrageous. I absolutely demand the right to go to Trago Mills, Falmouth, and buy a Dymo Tape machine.

You should try being Welsh, we CANNOT buy a microwave from Tesco, but CAN buy a microwave from Argos or Amazon hours later the same day. OUTRAGEOUS!! 

14 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

The government is seriously considering a period of near National Lockdown in the next few weeks but with a theme that if we can get the virus down we can have a normal(ish) Christmas.      

This now appears to be national news. We are up a certain creek without a certain paddle. This government is clueless.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

You should try being Welsh, we CANNOT buy a microwave from Tesco, but CAN buy a microwave from Argos or Amazon hours later the same day. OUTRAGEOUS!! 

I’ve spent most of this week knocking around North and West London just in case I needed a new iron.

Harrow, Finchley, Isleworth, Wembley, West Drayton. I’ve tried to never be further than 18 minutes from a TK Maxx.

They’ll have to pry my popcorn maker from my cold dead hands.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

This now appears to be national news. We are up a certain creek without a certain paddle. This government is clueless.  

When England said 3 tiers, then Scotland said 5 tiers, and Wales and Northern Ireland said lockdown, and the rest of Europe said lockdown - as night follows day, England have to lockdown longer than they had to a month ago. Why nobody remembers Grayling on his own costing the taxpayer 'billions' - do we act surprised that Tory dithering over lockdown will cost more billions. FFS why does England **** itself? 

• Like 1

How long ago was Starker a shameless opportunist for calling for the "circuit breaker"?

And once again, we're finding out not from parliament, not even from government announcements, but being softened up by leaks to the Tory friendly press. Behind paywalls.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

We've just had two weeks where schools around the country have been closed. Would it not have made sense to start a national lockdown then? Surely those two weeks with schools closed could have really helped bring numbers down  

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We've just had two weeks where schools around the country have been closed. Would it not have made sense to start a national lockdown then? Surely those two weeks with schools closed could have really helped bring numbers down  

C'mon, we all know Pret and Costa are more important than schools

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Jareth said:

I think he's tried being Welsh for about three times the length you have but it didn't work out, so he went to live on an island

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Instead they're insisting on keeping schools open.

I sometimes think we'd do better if we had no government at all.

• Like 1

Some very unhappy tories this morning. Someone leaked conversations about a new national lockdown next week. Presumably because they were unhappy about it?

Government has launched a leak inquiry because they're unhappy that their super secret chats about yet another uturn we all knew was coming was briefed. Oh the hypocrisy. This lot have been briefing to the press none stop to gauge national/press opinion rather than actually lead the country. What a disgrace.

7 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Some very unhappy tories this morning. Someone leaked conversations about a new national lockdown next week. Presumably because they were unhappy about it?

Government has launched a leak inquiry because they're unhappy that their super secret chats about yet another uturn we all knew was coming was briefed. Oh the hypocrisy. This lot have been briefing to the press none stop to gauge national/press opinion rather than actually lead the country. What a disgrace.

My money is on the Gvt sauce being the exact same bootle of HP it has been all along

• Haha 1

It’s just like the first peak. Other countries going into lockdown and taking appropriate measures.

We’re just sat here watching it all thinking we can do it differently and then eventually do what everyone else has done, but weeks too late. 

• Like 1

Â