Generic Virus Thread

villakram

15 hours ago, bickster said:

Germany going into a 4 week lockdown in November

Im guessing the hope for them is that this will minimise the spread so people ove rthere can spend xmas with their families. 

The damage to their economy though can they afford that?

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im guessing the hope for them is that this will minimise the spread so people ove rthere can spend xmas with their families. 

The damage to their economy though can they afford that?

like I said its a soft lockdown from what I can gather, restaurants and bars shut but the majority of shops stay open, factories and offices are staying open

we never had a full sit in your house and play with your dick all day lockdown, businesses have always stayed open, we had short work rather than furlough so reduced hours rather than stop altogether, its retail and hospitality that's suffering the most, we've always been able to go out and see family and stuff, they just play with the group size numbers, tourism must have been smashed too, they cancelled Oktoberfest, the markets and carnival, travelling outside of the country results in 14 day quarantine or a test

the main thing here is people accept it, they don't **** about, no mask results in a fine, its less now but some of the supermarkets still have bouncers on the door and a strict no mask no entry policy - ive got a cousin on my facebook giving it large about some clearing in the woods going to court in the UK to fight for his human rights because he doesn't want to wear a mask in Tesco, im not 100% in to the news here obviously but that's seemingly not a thing - there's murmurings over the EU and not being able to pop over any of the borders any more but that's about it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

like I said its a soft lockdown from what I can gather, restaurants and bars shut but the majority of shops stay open, factories and offices are staying open

we never had a full sit in your house and play with your dick all day lockdown, businesses have always stayed open, we had short work rather than furlough so reduced hours rather than stop altogether, its retail and hospitality that's suffering the most, we've always been able to go out and see family and stuff, they just play with the group size numbers, tourism must have been smashed too, they cancelled Oktoberfest, the markets and carnival, travelling outside of the country results in 14 day quarantine or a test

the main thing here is people accept it, they don't **** about, no mask results in a fine, its less now but some of the supermarkets still have bouncers on the door and a strict no mask no entry policy - ive got a cousin on my facebook giving it large about some clearing in the woods going to court in the UK to fight for his human rights because he doesn't want to wear a mask in Tesco, im not 100% in to the news here obviously but that's seemingly not a thing - there's murmurings over the EU and not being able to pop over any of the borders any more but that's about it

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to live in a sane country. We've been constantly told over years to ignore the data and the experts who've spent years learning their field in favour of "Big Dave on Facebook" spouting his illogical (often immigrant-bashing) argument before popping down the local for a pint with Geoff. It's no wonder we're in such a terrible situation being led by liars and charlatans who care more about where their next dividend is coming from rather than peoples lives or feeding hungry children.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to live in a sane country. We've been constantly told over years to ignore the data and the experts who've spent years learning their field in favour of "Big Dave on Facebook" spouting his illogical (often immigrant-bashing) argument before popping down the local for a pint with Geoff. It's no wonder we're in such a terrible situation being led by liars and charlatans who care more about where their next dividend is coming from rather than peoples lives or feeding hungry children.

I fell out with an on old school friend on Facebook a while ago because she kept sharing posts about 5G causing Covid. They were mainly from the same guy who was an antique dealer. I said what makes you think he knows what he’s talking about, and that all the actual scientists say it’s bollox? She said she didn’t really know and wasn’t sure but was sharing so people were aware.

Deleted.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Yeah, we’re basically America lite.

The rest of North West Europe just seem far more enlightened as a whole.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I think one of the big positives from living abroad in a non English speaking country is I'm not exposed to the news, almost like an ignorance is bliss type scenario, no doubt there are germans in my office with an opinion on masks and plenty of them with an opinion on the immigrants here and the EU and stuff like that but they don't come pester me with it 

Its mad how shutting all that negativity out of my life has quietly just made it simpler and better, Im able to just get on with stuff rather than be bogged down 

That said several of them came in my office to laugh about the stupid brits on the beach 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

Its mad how shutting all that negativity out of my life has quietly just made it simpler and better, Im able to just get on with stuff rather than be bogged down

I remember Ruge (hope he’s ok by the way) saying that once he stopped buying and reading the daily Mail he felt so much happier and positive about the world. 

• Like 4

It's all this bleating about 'rights' with no mention of responsibilities that pisses me off. I'm concerned about rights, too - the right to healthcare, education, employment, equality of opportunity, etc. But the same people who will happily vote for the party that is hellbent on destroying those rights will have hysterics about their 'right' to not wear a mask or to get pissed. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Genie said:

I remember Ruge (hope he’s ok by the way) saying that once he stopped buying and reading the daily Mail he felt so much happier and positive about the world. 

Just don't watch any news and it'll make you feel 100% better. Its all shit at the minute... Covid this, Trump/Biden that. people being beheaded, kids starving, etc

Sometimes I think ignorance really is bliss. 

• Like 4

Things are moving fast now.  West Yorkshire has just been announced to be moving into Tier 3 from Monday and I expect Birmingham to follow soon. 

Come Christmas, much of the country will be in Tier 2 / 3 I think, with the Government proclaiming "we have so far avoided a national lockdown". 

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, trekka said:

Come Christmas, much of the country will be in Tier 2 / 3 I think, with the Government proclaiming "we have so far avoided a national lockdown". 

And more importantly, using it as a justification to hold back the kind of support that would be demanded with a national lockdown. People will lose their jobs, their homes, and go hungry, but it's a localised, isolated problem, contained within the entire UK, and nothing to worry about.

Merry **** Christmas, plebs.

• Like 2

A room, a bar and a classroom: how the coronavirus is spread through the air

The risk of contagion is highest in indoor spaces but can be reduced by applying all available measures to combat infection via aerosols. Here is an overview of the likelihood of infection in three everyday scenarios, based on the safety measures used and the length of exposure 

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-10-28/a-room-a-bar-and-a-class-how-the-coronavirus-is-spread-through-the-air.html?ssm=TW_CC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Today I spoke to somebody who had all the symptoms of COVID but also had two negative tests back, just as I did. He also heard the same from somebody else.

Is there a problem with tests or is this a new variant which doesn’t get picked up?

Since getting my sense of smell and taste back this week I’ve been much better, but before that I was really off. 

7 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Today I spoke to somebody who had all the symptoms of COVID but also had two negative tests back, just as I did. He also heard the same from somebody else.

Is there a problem with tests or is this a new variant which doesn’t get picked up?

Tests are not 100% reliable/accurate.

Â