Generic Virus Thread

villakram

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

SOrry, I edited my posts as you were posting this. My point wasn't really about Pubs shutting, only been in one once since February.

Just seen the revised post.

I mean from survival point of view, I want them to still be around, so think there needs to be evidence of them being a problem (as with anything). And then if there is look after them while they're closed, Mr Government man.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Nice that they tell the media before the rest of us isn't it. Comes into effect Thursday at 00:01. 

"Hey everyone, state of emergency on the way. Just a heads up, 5 night's notice. Oh by the way, tonight is the last time for at least a month you can go out on the piss at the weekend. Don't do anything I wouldn't do, eh ;)"

Their incompetence is so staggering that it's hard to believe they could **** this up more if they were doing it deliberately.

I think it would have been worse if they had given no notice. 

Just now, LondonLax said:

I wasn't thinking "And anyone who remains in the street by the end of this broadcast will be shot", but I feel like there's some middleground between that and **** Thursday.

See Pieface's very reasonable assumption, for example. The gap just feels a bit bizarre. 

• Like 3

Just now, LondonLax said:

No, the way you do it, is you tell the media there will be an address at ‘x’ time.

You stick to that time.

You give no tips, hints or insider crumbs until that time.

That’s the competent way to operate.

Steve Baker (Lockdown Sceptic, Brexit word removed) on the tellybox just told me I had to listen very carefully to what the Prime Minister had to say... I walked out of the room and left the missus and the daughter on the phone awaiting the Johnson Proclamation

Can't be arsed, I'll pick up the news from the internet

41 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm curious how support bubbles factor in to this, because if they're banning in home mixing including support bubbles, they can get ****. 

For some reason I read your post and was thinking about Michael Jacksons monkey 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So my car is booked for an MOT & Service on Wednesday. I'm sure they'll be clear guidelines if I'm supposed to go ahead with it or not...  /s

Same. My car had the Covid extension and its booked in for mid November for the MOT. I can't see them offering further extensions. 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Yes. Support bubbles were specifically exempt from that though, which was my question.

I hope they remain that way. I'm 'bubbled' up with my parents. I only see them once a fortnight but I like to see how they are.

54 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You'll be fine. Firstly, garages remained open even at the height of the first lockdown, so I'd imagine you won't have any problem there anyway, but also, it comes in to place on Thursday. :D 

Some smaller local garages were shut for a while (few weeks for my one). Mainly due to being unable to source the parts needed to do repairs etc. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

This lot are completely and I I really mean COMPLETELY useless. 

I can only think they are keeping him in until after Brexit and then they'll jettison him - on grounds that his health has never returned or something like that. I mean, even patient Tories who can forgive a lot, will be looking at this shitshow and losing the plot, especially when it hits them in the pocket - and it needn't have been 4 weeks. 

A massive argument/debate happened this afternoon. Science advisors want to shut schools OR universities. The government doesn't want to. I have no idea what the outcome was. The smart money is on schools staying open but actually running at a much lower capacity due to the number of children and teachers who will be self isolating.  

What a shitter of a day.  Indy's Dad has died and now I'm looking at the prospect of some of my team phoning me up crying again.  There is only so much I can do in terms of helping to support mental health :(

• Sad 4

Â