Generic Virus Thread

villakram

30 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Coronavirus cases in the UK up to 85. 

🤒

Containment is almost over then - only weekly updates from now.

I worry as I am asthmatic - although I haven't had an asthma attack for years  - my peak flow is way below what is should be. - Keep fit and hope for the best.

I was the only one in the gym today ! 

Not in the slightest like scenes from a dystopian sci fi movie

Chinese police wear smart helmets equipped with AI-powered infrared cameras to detect pedestrians with fevers as they patrol the streets amid coronavirus crisis

• The device can scan people 16 feet away and alert officers for fever suspects
  • It can also display pedestrians' personal information on a virtual screen inside
  • Police in Chinese cities including Chengdu and Shenzhen now use the helmets
  • The developer says it has produced the gadget especially for fighting the virus 

A video released by China News shows officers donning the high-tech helmets to monitor people on a high street in Chengdu on Monday. The device is equipped with an infrared cameraThe headgear will sound an alarm if anyone in a radius of five metres (16 feet) has a fever

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8073451/Chinese-police-wear-smart-helmets-detect-pedestrians-fevers-amid-coronavirus-crisis.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

All makes sense now, China just wanted a decent excuse to rollout their ‘smart police helmets’.........

WHO revised the death rate to 3.4%. I’d be cautious about global figures in aggregate, but Italy seems to be running at a death rate of 3.15%, per the Johns Hopkins figures.

That’s a bit worse than we’d been briefed to expect. 

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

WHO revised the death rate to 3.4%. I’d be cautious about global figures in aggregate, but Italy seems to be running at a death rate of 3.15%, per the Johns Hopkins figures.

Is that because Italy is all old people?

15 minutes ago, Awol said:

11 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Is that because Italy is all old people?

Is the right answer. Italy has the oldest mean population in Europe

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

The hundreds of thousands of African migrants entering Italy in the last 10 years will bring that average down in due course!

It's still not beyond doubt that this is far more widespread than it appears, and the death rates are artificially high because we're only picking up the most obvious cases.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, bickster said:

Mean population ....That would be the Scottish surely  :) 

• Like 2

First time I’ve ever had to queue to use the wash hand basin in a motorway services today.

If this does nothing else, door handles will be slightly cleaner for a short while.

• Like 1

Â