Generic Virus Thread

villakram

A sign in my local supermarket saying customers are limited to a max of 5 sanitation items (handsoap/dis-infectant etc.). Haven't even had a case in the mitten as of yet. The students are off all over the place on spring break from the University of Michigan this week, so I suspect they'll bring some back with them.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Whereas Britain has the meanest old population. 

Come on Mike, we've never thought of you as mean. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

No clue, it’s was a factoid thrown at me by the telly box the other night

No economic growth for twenty years  might be a factor. Younger people can’t afford to have so many kids. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Italy's birth rate is ****.

As in, towns are dying out because no children are born ****.

Don't how true it is - but I read somewhere that Italy has a different testing model - whereby they test anyone with symptoms.

Other countries are only testing people who they believe have come into contact with those who have the virus 

My guess is the UK will give up the tracking in the next week or so......and shift to test those with symptoms.

20 minutes ago, Bugzy1991 said:

Supposed to be flying to Venice Monday from Hanoi.

Should I get flight protection? Very little confirm cases in Vietnam at the moment 

I find it hard to believe the virus isn’t spreading right across SE Asia as rapidly as it clearly is elsewhere. Perhaps the advantage of not looking is then being able to say you haven’t got it, while keeping a straight face. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

I find it hard to believe the virus isn’t spreading right across SE Asia as rapidly as it clearly is elsewhere. Perhaps the advantage of not looking is then being able to say you haven’t got it, while keeping a straight face. 

Yes. I was sick a week or two ago and debated myself having the virus. Surprised to see little confirmed cases in my country 

Was due to be going to rome for the rugby next weekend which is now being played behind closed doors. I know others have been affected much worse than i, but I'm still rather grizzly :(

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Was due to be going to rome for the rugby next weekend which is now being played behind closed doors. I know others have been affected much worse than i, but I'm still rather grizzly :(

Same boat mate :( 

22 of us due to go out next Thursday as part of my mates 50th birthday celebrations. 

just trying to recoup some money now

Fortunately I don’t have any trips planned until July when hopefully things have settled down (or maybe the tour operator will have gone bust). 

Travel industry is absolutely brutal isn’t it.

Edited by Genie

Â