Generic Virus Thread

villakram

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There’s only 2 reported cases in greater London on non in the West Midlands. 

There’s a lot more out there isn’t there?

Feckin hell - we might win the league next year !

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Fortunately I don’t have any trips planned until July when hopefully things have settled down (or maybe the tour operator will have gone bust). 

Travel industry is absolutely brutal isn’t it.

I think it will peak in June - that said there will probably be more infections post peak than there are right now - I can see this lasting most of this year TBH.   

12 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Same boat mate :( 

22 of us due to go out next Thursday as part of my mates 50th birthday celebrations. 

just trying to recoup some money now

oh mate gutted for you all. for me all seems to be recoupable apart from flights as i used a lot of avios so i'll have to pay £30 fee or something to recoup those.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Awol said:

Johnson: I’m still shaking hands with everyone!

Trump: Hold my milkshake...

He's so, so bad at this. Any time he needs to actually be serious, stay on script, be 'The Father Of The Nation'. 

53 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Was due to be going to rome for the rugby next weekend which is now being played behind closed doors. I know others have been affected much worse than i, but I'm still rather grizzly :(

35 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Same boat mate :( 

22 of us due to go out next Thursday as part of my mates 50th birthday celebrations. 

just trying to recoup some money now

Not for the Rugby but I was meant to be going to Rome end of April. Doubt I'll be going.

My company's policy has been updated to include anyone returning from Italy is forbidden to attend one of our sties for 2 weeks.

Which would be great to have two weeks off :D But don't think my colleagues would look at me too fondly if I knowingly went to Rome knowing that I'd have to stay off work for two weeks afterwards.

• Haha 1

Considering the age and constitution among most of the world leaders surely it won't be long before the Corona virus will be used as a biological weapon to try and infect your opponents :D 

A 21st century version of when the Mongols catapulted plague infected bodies over the walls of cities they were trying to invade.

32 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

oh mate gutted for you all. for me all seems to be recoupable apart from flights as i used a lot of avios so i'll have to pay £30 fee or something to recoup those.

Just found out my mates wife booked all of the flights (return flight with FlyBe - another issue now!) using an Amex card so hopefully they’ll be insured and we’ll get something back.

i don’t envy her having to sort that out though! 

19 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Just found out my mates wife booked all of the flights (return flight with FlyBe - another issue now!) using an Amex card so hopefully they’ll be insured and we’ll get something back.

i don’t envy her having to sort that out though! 

at least was on credit card - should be fine then

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, sne said:

Considering the age and constitution among most of the world leaders surely it won't be long before the Corona virus will be used as a biological weapon to try and infect your opponents :D 

A 21st century version of when the Mongols catapulted plague infected bodies over the walls of cities they were trying to invade.

Read that between 10-20% of the Iranian Parliament is infected, including the Vice President. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Read that between 10-20% of the Iranian Parliament is infected, including the Vice President. 

My tin foil idea that this was planted by the US to ruin the Chinese economy and destabilize Iran still going strong :D 

45 minutes ago, sne said:

My tin foil idea that this was planted by the US to ruin the Chinese economy and destabilize Iran still going strong :D 

Trumps casual approach to it could be down to the vaccine being slipped into the US drinking water supply over the past few months.

Just now, Genie said:

Trumps casual approach to it could be down to the vaccine being slipped into the US drinking water supply over the past few months.

Questions have to be raised if the US manages to get a vaccine done within months considering scientists claim it will take at least 18 months :ph34r::detect:

:D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

If this were an American conspiracy, Trump wouldn't be telling people who are sick that they could go to work, and guaranteeing that the virus spreads.

Because he's a man of the people?

Don't think anyone is seriously thinking this is an American biological attack :D 

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51749352

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said measures such as closing schools and banning big events "don't work as well perhaps as people think".

He told ITV's This Morning programme another way of responding to the virus would be to "take it on the chin" and allow it to "move through the population without really taking as many draconian measures".

high risk gambit for a tory politician tbf

Brexit-backing campaigner Arron Banks is launching a shareholder coup at an iodine producer which he hopes can be boosted by the coronavirus outbreak.

The 53-year-old businessman wants to replace Iofina's non-executive chairman Lance Baller with an outsider and put himself on the board, possibly along with two others including his brother John Banks.

Mr Banks is at odds with the company – which is listed on the Aim junior stock market – over a $900,000 (£702,000) investment it has made in a hemp seed producer owned by Mr Baller, as well as its strategy and approach to its debts.

He also believes the company could take advantage of the fight against coronavirus, given iodine's use as a disinfectant...

Torygraph

What a guy.

57 minutes ago, Rodders said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51749352

high risk gambit for a tory politician tbf

Can't help thinking it's a weird thing to say. As surely he is more aware than most, the point of social distancing measures is not to stop the virus 'moving through the population' (we can't do that), but to reduce stress on the health system:

Given that (as I say) Johnson already knows this, I don't understand why he is appearing to cast doubt on social distancing at this early stage. Maybe it's another of his 'Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe/reading colonial poetry in Myanmar' moments, but one way or another I now want to know. 

Â