Match Thread: Villa v Watford

limpid

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

No it isn't.

Pretty much is, we’d need to go on a hell of a run and we’ve seen no sign of that happening this season. Games are running out and the gap is widening. Writing is on the wall.

• Sad 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Further to my other post this what I disagree with, short termism under the last regime is what's killed the new one 

This is RDM / Bruce / xias fault

I agree. It’s easy to lash out and demand sackings but the new regime should be given time imo. This season was always going to be a huge task to stay up. And we might still do yet. 

• Like 2

I need to get this off my chest. 

That was **** shit, and we've been **** shit at defending all season. We're a soft touch, turn up and we'll give a goal head start. 

Unless Samatta is the second coming of Messi and Pele combined, we're doomed. My faith is at an all time low. 

I might have changed my mind at full time mind, but as it stands I've lost faith in Smith's ability to keep us up. 

• Like 2

Same old, despite what some claim by posting stats, hause has yet again given the ball away in 50% of his passes which dont involve sideways passing for 3 minutes between mings hause and konsa with no pressure and no challenge. Terrible today.. again.

Konsa, oh my ! Wtf , it comes to something when the one trying to challenge deeney is fred who was already covering his own man.

This slow plodding crap of passing it between the back 3 until they invite too much pressure on and lose the ball is just plain stupid. If this is supposedly possession football because they have passed it between themselves 100 times.. well it isnt. It's boring and getting us beaten.

Just like passes to who ever shows in midfield receiving it and instead of turning just 1 touch hit it back to whoever passed them it... putting us again under pressure.

Playing with no forward..  if you are barca.. great. If you are villa ?  Fkin stupid

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Whilst we are lacking a striker, expecting Samatta to come in and hit the ground running to save us is a little unfair, and very unlikely. We ballsed things up in the summer big time. 

Agree first part, second yeah if you mean not having sealed the deal on at least a second striker. 

• Like 1

The state of out forward situation is almost as shambolic as the CB situation was under Bruce.

That we have gone through most of January without an attacker after knowing full well we needed another one even in the summer is unacceptable.

We all know signing players it's difficult and all that but still.

The state of it all for an supposedly ambitious club, it just boggles the mind how it could have come to this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

Give it a **** rest

Why? I don't mind our summer spending. I know things take time. I consider myself fairly patient. I understand it's a long process to stabilize with a new squad. BUT allowing this club to go the last week of January and still not having a striker is just unreal. It was obvious we needed to have one ready at the start of the window. Are you telling me this new Tanzanian striker wasn't available in December to sign right away in January? Ofc. he was. We just didn't have it ready. Which is inexcuseable when we are starting matches without a striker. That's matches, in plural. 

So no. I won't give it a **** rest. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Some over reactions on here

Kin hate Deeney

Katie Price going forward

When are people gonna face reality, we are totally in the shit guys wake up!!! The Championship and losing our best players is now closer than staying up.

9 minutes ago, jim said:

I think it’s all over. 4 points adrift if it stays like this and the teams above us look far better than us. 

We’ll need to put one hell of a run together and I haven’t seen anything from Smith and the players this season to suggest that is possible. 

It’s not but it will be soon. That’s why a change is needed to give us some  hope. 

Edited by PaulC

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Why? Losing at home to a relegation rival. 4 points adrift as it stands and running out of games.

What do you expect? 

To be fair, it's VT so I'd expect complete OTT meltdown.

Edit:  Also, you're massively deluded if you think Watford are relegation rivals.

Edited by bobzy

Nothing strongly suggests Samatta will cut the mustard at this level, he's a big unknown, we also lack quality in midfield to create chances, our wide options are **** terrible. Can't see anything other than relegation.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Just now, villalad21 said:

Playing Drinkwater over Luiz is criminal. What the hell is Smith thinking? Playing a completely unfit player.

If i didn't know any better i would think Smith is trying to sabotage our football club

But you don't know any better, you actually do post ridiculous things like that time after time, on some sad little mission to outdo your last brainfart.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

Why? Losing at home to a relegation rival. 4 points adrift as it stands and running out of games.

What do you expect? 

No striker

No striker

No striker

Yes it should have been sorted in time for this game and playing 4 matches without one is criminal but it is what it is

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Further to my other post this what I disagree with, short termism under the last regime is what's killed the new one 

This is RDM / Bruce / xias fault

Honestly, you can just as easily say it's Lerner/MON's fault

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I'm just going to put this out there now. What did people expect anyway?? We've become a team scared of our own shadow. Even the manager is going the same way.. Playing 3 CB's and 2 DM's at home against Watford is nothing short of treason in my book. What happened to the attacking philosophy bs banded about. 

What other midfielders would you have us play?

• Like 1

Been impressed with Nakamba tonight. Drinkwater less so but does seem to be improving with each game. Feels like he’s doing pre-season though...

We desperately need someone to get on the end of crosses. Samatta will be a big upgrade.

Deeney is a hideous word removed.

• Like 2