Match Thread: Villa v Watford

limpid

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

No real threat going forward and shambolic at the back. Not really the key to success. 

We've actually played quite well. We are 2 - 3 players off staying in this league

Agreed. Some decent play up to the goal then we reverted to harem scarem. I'm watching it angry as f*ck at our lack of striker. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

I don't care what anyone says. Kodjia should have played these last few games and then let go once Samatta was officially signed and ready to play. Playing with no striker is pathetic and has probably cost us relegation. 

He didn't want to be here.  It's pointless having someone stuck offside doing **** all - we'd just be playing with 10 non-strikers rather than 11.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I've criticised Smith at times but today the intensity, effort and attitude has been spot on. The problem is quality, the lack quality at the back which enabled Deeney to get a free header with three of our players in the box, the quality in midfield is shite, no final ball, almost all deliveries into the box utter shite and of course, no striker.

I don't blame Smith for this, I blame Suso, we've signed an expensive load of **** shite.

I do, once again he's played the wrong team

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I just can't see us scoring two goals

Nothing first half in terms of chances, on a few occasions though the final ball was atrocious when we had enough options in the box. We can still turn it around in 2ND half.

Just now, bobzy said:

He didn't want to be here.  It's pointless having someone stuck offside doing **** all - we'd just be playing with 10 non-strikers rather than 11.

He should have been rotated with Wesley rather than be made not wanted. in 22 games he came on as sub 3 times, even when Wesley was looking lost. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Smith has to take the blame IMO. Playing at home with a back 5 and then 2 defensive minded midfielders and no striker.

I kind of understand the sentiment, but we need some confidence and Liverpool aside, Watford are the form team.

No complaints about the performance in general, a lot more intensity and pace to the team compared to previous weeks. Yet one mistake and we find ourselves 1-0 down at home. 

The goal is a complete mess - Hause has to close down the cross, Mings is nowhere near it and one of Konsa or Guilbert has to take responsibility and win the header. Leaving Deeney with a free header in the 6 yard box is suicidal.

Think we will have to aim for a draw at best now - no way are we able to score 2 with no strikers.