Match Thread: Villa v Watford

limpid

Since Pearson came in Watford could have beat Liverpool, best performance from a team at Anfield in donkeys they missed about 4 sitters. Since then they dont concede and are unbeaten. We’ve outplayed them and showed more fight in that first half. Very unfortunate to be behind imo. Its not lost yet, we turned the tide last game lets see what happens

2 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I might have changed my mind at full time mind, but as it stands I've lost faith in Smith's ability to keep us up. 

That in a nutshells sums up the sheer fickleness of far too many fellow Villa fans

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tbf. Some of the usual suspects here are negative moaners every single match. Doesn't matter if we win, draw or lose. They will moan no matter what. They are just quitters. People who never have fought for a thing in their life. 

COME ON. UTV

• Like 2

Just now, KentVillan said:

Been impressed with Nakamba tonight. Drinkwater less so but does seem to be improving with each game. Feels like he’s doing pre-season though...

We desperately need someone to get on the end of crosses. Samatta will be a big upgrade.

Deeney is a hideous word removed.

Post of the thread so far. 

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Pretty much is, we’d need to go on a hell of a run and we’ve seen no sign of that happening this season. Games are running out and the gap is widening. Writing is on the wall.

That's the spirit. Tell you what, if you are that sure, why don't you give up now? Stop watching and save us having to read posts like that?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Did they have to buy a new team and then have 3 main players injured for 4 plus months but can't replace due to FFP, or have they had a settled team for 3 years when we had a manager loaning players instead?

Yea you're right. They never had any injuries for 3 years.

12 minutes ago, jim said:

I think it’s all over. 4 points adrift if it stays like this and the teams above us look far better than us. 

We’ll need to put one hell of a run together and I haven’t seen anything from Smith and the players this season to suggest that is possible. 

Leicester were bottom of table on 17 pts after 23 games in 14/15. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2