Match Thread: Villa v Watford

limpid

Final ball has been woeful so far. 

Can't fault the effort from most of our players. 

Drinkwater off the pace, Hause can't pass.

No surprises. 

Maybe Dean missed the 6.30 deadline and got stuck with the same 11 as last week. Same thing happened me on fantasy football. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, djdabush said:

Does anyone actually believe Hause and Konsa are better than Engels? God knows what's gone on there but it needs sorting out. Other than that a real lack of quality with our final ball. One positive is that Nakamba has had his best half for quite a while.

I presume it's a disciplinary reason, because of it's through choice, it's bonkers.

1 minute ago, AstonMartyn88 said:

Death. 
Taxes. 
Deeney. 

Although I would love to have him (or someone like him) in the team, even though he is a nose

Chucked him in my fantasy football team.  Will keep him in for this game only.  Most obvious thing ever in the world that he'd score tonight.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

No real threat going forward and shambolic at the back. Not really the key to success. 

We've actually played quite well. We are 2 - 3 players off staying in this league

I think it’s all over. 4 points adrift if it stays like this and the teams above us look far better than us. 

We’ll need to put one hell of a run together and I haven’t seen anything from Smith and the players this season to suggest that is possible. 

I don't care what anyone says. Kodjia should have played these last few games and then let go once Samatta was officially signed and ready to play. Playing with no striker is pathetic and has probably cost us relegation. 

Edited by Junxs
  • Like 1

Frustrating. Thought our general play was good until they scored, playing out easily and playing at a good tempo without every creating ANYTHING. That is a bit problem though. I really miss Wesley. I think Nakamba has had a good game and I actually think Drinkwater has too. Hause has had a bit of a shocker and Trez is just ineffective. Hopeful we can turn this one around though. Had to be Deeney didn't it!

Edit: It would also help if our full backs could cross.

Edited by Smartin

We’ve used up all our easy games and fecked them all up. Does anyone really think now we have the most difficult teams for the rest of the season we’ll start picking up wins? Embarrassing in the final third. Drinkwater taking up a loan slot and being played is 100% on Deano. We are going down, fast, in 19th. 

We can still get something but he has to put Vas on now at HT. Playing without a forward is just Barmey. The midfield have no option and no where  to go with it. Massive second half now 

Edited by RobSpain