Match Thread: Villa v Watford

limpid

Just now, VillaCas said:

Extremely important half - we really really need to see a fight back and a point minimum 

We haven’t looked like scoring, and have no premier league quality players to bring on. This will not happen - it will end up being damage control and we definitely won’t score, except maybe with one moment of magic from Grealish. You can quote me on this after the game. 

We were in control of that half. Problem is if the players’ heads drop. Half time came at the right time, I guess. 

We actually had a platform but we had no focal point up top. Players are waiting for a Jack worldie.

I wonder if Dean has the guts to shift to 4-4-2 in the second half with Vas and Jack up front. Sacrifice that platform but have some bite. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Recruitment just not good enough. End of story.

Recruitment for the last 3 years hasn't been good enough.. 

To not have bled a single youngster during our time in the championship is criminal, we should have bought the likes of konsa 2/3 years ago and they be established villa players by now

If we hadn't bought shite in the championship we wouldn't have needed a new team last summer 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Drinkwater dribbled past 3 times in the first half, more than any other player on the pitch.

I thought he was much better (not hard I know). Distributed well and dictated the play at times. Was well positioned a lot of the time too. Just still not fit, and using our 3 most important games to play someone into fitness is a massive risk.

3 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Agreed. Some decent play up to the goal then we reverted to harem scarem. I'm watching it angry as f*ck at our lack of striker. 

With all due respect, we could have Kane up front, but when the crosses are that bad we still wouldn’t score

I'm just going to put this out there now. What did people expect anyway?? We've become a team scared of our own shadow. Even the manager is going the same way.. Playing 3 CB's and 2 DM's at home against Watford is nothing short of treason in my book. What happened to the attacking philosophy bs banded about. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Some over reactions on here

Kin hate Deeney

Katie Price going forward

Why? Losing at home to a relegation rival. 4 points adrift as it stands and running out of games.

What do you expect? 

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Suso is the real architect of our downfall, disastrous strategy in the summer, 2015 all over again.

Further to my other post this what I disagree with, short termism under the last regime is what's killed the new one 

This is RDM / Bruce / xias fault

• Like 2

Whilst we are lacking a striker, expecting Samatta to come in and hit the ground running to save us is a little unfair, and very unlikely. We ballsed things up in the summer big time. We've been unfortunate with injuries too, but it's not like people weren't saying how much of a risk it was in the summer only signing Wes.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

It’s quite unbelievable that we have allowed 3 PL games to go by with no striker - we were clearly two players short at the start of the season, a winger and a striker. That’s on Purslow and Suso. I honestly believe we would be three or four places better off at least that have been addressed at the right time.

Sadly time is running out and we are beginning to need miracles. It’s unlikely but we are desperate for the new strikers to hit the ground running

Just now, villa4europe said:

Further to my other post this what I disagree with, short termism under the last regime is what's killed the new one 

This is RDM / Bruce / xias fault

We signed players who aren't premier league quality as things stand, just poor, take the point that short-termism has cost us but so has our recruitment this season.

you can all blame the recruitment....but regardless of that you have to have the right balance.

The team selection and shape of the team is all wrong.

No need for 3 at the back at home and should have started Vassilav up front.

Smith is to blame for that !!!!

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 1