Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

20 minutes ago, sne said:

Him and Mings are still the only reason it ended 2-0 and not 5-0

Don't think Reina did anything particularly well today tbh - played some absolutely woeful balls out and was rash off his line a couple of times too.

Tidy finish when offside from Samatta... didn't really have anything else to work with!  He looks a decent player; hopefully we can actually include him in games.

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

Don't think Reina did anything particularly well today tbh - played some absolutely woeful balls out and was rash off his line a couple of times too.

Tidy finish when offside from Samatta... didn't really have anything else to work with!  He looks a decent player; hopefully we can actually include him in games.

Don't think any of our players did anything particularly well today. Not even a little.

But Reina had a lot to do, think he had 7 saves or something along with a few claims.

On the list of least bad Mings and Ally are probably ahead but Reina did his job for the most part. Not many players who can say they did that today.

31 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Very silly of him to expect PL footballers to be able to play one touch football.

Why the sarcasm? Our players aren’t good enough to play that way so why are we doing it?

Im totally with you, we should be able to but if we can’t, stop trying it. We need to play to our strengths (give the ball to Grealish). 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

We have a striker and gave him no service, what the hell must he be thinking when he gets no service

Don't you know Jack has the highest amount of chances created in the Premier League, so surely he has all the chances, he is just absolute shite....

Like Wesley.....

Yes i'm being a prick.

I felt sorry for him, and i'm frustrated.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't you know Jack has the highest amount of chances created in the Premier League, so surely he has all the chances, he is just absolute shite....

Like Wesley.....

Yes i'm being a prick.

Let's see if he has 12 consecutive games like it. Then we can start bringing up the wesley excuses. 

It was an overall shit team performance.

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Let's see if he has 12 consecutive games like it. Then we can start bringing up the wesley excuses. 

It was an overall shit team performance.

But this was never accountable when we had Wesley up front? So why now?

Anyway mate in all honesty as I said above, i'm just pissed off, not trying to argue with anyone.

Just proper, proper pissed off.

Guess my larger point is that we have scapegoated too often one way or another without realising that as a unit we have overall simply not been good enough!

I've personally been guilty of this myself.

So many games were there for the taking, we pissed them all away, we can;t even do the basics right, something is fundamentally wrong.

I watched this match with my mother, she doesn;t know much about football, but watches Villa when i'm around as she knows how much it means to me.

Her comments were scarily accurate ffs.

"Southampton are working very hard "

"Why do Aston Villa always give the ball to the other team?"

" They are not giving this boy Grealish any chance and no one is helping him ?"

" They are not trying hard"

I like Samatta ALOT!

Etc Etc etc

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

But this was never accountable when we had Wesley up front? So why now?

Anyway mate in all honesty as I said above, i'm just pissed off, not trying to argue with anyone.

Just proper, proper pissed off.

Guess my larger point is that we have scapegoated too often one way or another without realising that as a unit we have overall simply not been good enough!

I've personally been guilty of this myself.

So many games were there for the taking, we pissed them all away, we can;t even do the basics right, something is fundamentally wrong.

I watched this match with my mother, she doesn;t know much about football, but watches Villa when i'm around as she knows how much it means to me.

Her comments were scarily accurate ffs.

"Southampton are working very hard "

"Why do Aston Villa always give the ball to the other team?"

" They are not giving this boy Grealish any chance and no one is helping him ?"

" They are not trying hard"

I like Samatta ALOT!

Etc Etc etc

It was at times. 

But then 12 games without a goal and 4 without a shot on target, it the becomes harder to blame everyone else. 

Like I said, lets see if Sammy has the next 11 games like that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Like Wesley.....

Yes i'm being a prick.

Yeah I’m with you.  You know I like Wes and felt the abuse on here was unfair.  Didn’t do himself justice sometimes but I believe there is a player in there.  As for Samatta he’s looked like he can do something whenever he gets the ball, yet didn’t get it today at all.

Just so disappointed this evening.  I want us to win the cup but I just don’t care, I just want to not get relegated.  Today was more important for me than next week.

• Like 1

shortish article on him in the mail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8057521/Meet-Titan-Tanzania-Ally-Samatta-wants-thrill-Aston-Villa-faithful-Wembley.html

When he was growing up, Ally Samatta thought he might become a soldier.

‘I just wanted to work for the people; just to be someone for the people,’ he says.

In the end, football offered him a different life. It took him away from his native Tanzania to Belgium and, as of January, to Aston Villa.

10 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

shortish article on him in the mail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8057521/Meet-Titan-Tanzania-Ally-Samatta-wants-thrill-Aston-Villa-faithful-Wembley.html

When he was growing up, Ally Samatta thought he might become a soldier.

‘I just wanted to work for the people; just to be someone for the people,’ he says.

In the end, football offered him a different life. It took him away from his native Tanzania to Belgium and, as of January, to Aston Villa.

It's spelt Heil.

I said In the match thread, he's been feeding off scraps since he's been here really. But give him the decent chance and he'll score. Always looks involved. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

I said I'm the narch thread, he's been feeding off scraps since he's been here really. But give him the decent chance and he'll score. Always looks involved. 

Has @Demitri_C being giving you lessons on how to spell?

• Haha 2

If we do get relegated he’ll be one of the reasons we’ll come back up, I think he’s going to be a bit of legend.  Maybe not for a world class talent/ability but he’s going to be folk hero and score us some goals.  He just needs chances.

Â