Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

You're insinuating something, looking for a reaction and he's the one feeling argumentatitve? 

Hmmmm

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The insinuation and context isn’t true either. I’m not arguing, I’m stating a fact. 

This spills over from the Grealish thread where the message was if you think Grealish will leave in the summer you’re a shit fan and think the club shouldn’t even bother trying to keep him. 

It wasn’t true in there and it’s not true in here. 

Oh ok, so I guess I need to explain that my comment was in reference to the attitude taken towards losing/selling our best  players every time they are either in a good run of form, or have a good game, on the board, by a section - with a pinch of salt.

Apologies, didn't realise folks were this slow. (Not insinuating anything, this is sarcasm, as it's obvious what's happening here - I'm pretty certain you knew that too)

Next time I'll be sure to place a disclaimer within all my posts for clarity 🙄. Or label them differently based on the situation, jest, sarcasm, fiction and non fiction.

Also, what FACT are you stating, that no one has said "there is no point buying any decent players because we can't hold on to them"? Did I say anyone said that? Wasn't my post in response to a post which literally said "Can't see us holding on to him if we get relegated", or something along those lines? Pretty sure I even went on to expand my thinking in that same post. What a ridiculous exchange.

I'm pretty sure another poster under that particular post even commented that "talk of selling him now was ridiculous", yet mine is what you've decided to jump on? Lol

Edit: Oh I've just realised you're still holding on to the Grealish argument, which wasn't even in my thinking when I made the post ffs.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

38 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Oh ok, so I guess I need to explain that my comment was in reference to the attitude taken towards losing/selling our best  players every time they are either in a good run of form, or have a good game, on the board, by a section - with a pinch of salt.

Apologies, didn't realise folks were this slow. (Not insinuating anything, this is sarcasm, as it's obvious what's happening here - I'm pretty certain you knew that too)

Next time I'll be sure to place a disclaimer within all my posts for clarity 🙄. Or label them differently based on the situation, jest, sarcasm, fiction and non fiction.

Also, what FACT are you stating, that no one has said "there is no point buying any decent players because we can't hold on to them"? Did I say anyone said that? Wasn't my post in response to a post which literally said "Can't see us holding on to him if we get relegated", or something along those lines? Pretty sure I even went on to expand my thinking in that same post. What a ridiculous exchange.

I'm pretty sure another poster under that particular post even commented that "talk of selling him now was ridiculous", yet mine is what you've decided to jump on? Lol

Edit: Oh I've just realised you're still holding on to the Grealish argument, which wasn't even in my thinking when I made the post ffs.

Bullshit. 

I'd love you to find all these examples you've seen of this attitude you claim towards many other players?

Apart from Jack we haven't had any players good enough to sell for the last 5 to 6 years so I'm genuinely intrigued to know them all. 

34 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Bullshit. 

I'd love you to find all these examples you've seen of this attitude you claim towards many other players?

Apart from Jack we haven't had any players good enough to sell for the last 5 to 6 years so I'm genuinely intrigued to know them all. 

Oh for the love of God , what kind of petty little agenda do you and Stevo have against me this evening?

If I must casually bite onto this extremely pointless and unnecessary beef.

I've seen players ranging from Luiz through to Mings, McGinn and most recently Samatta mentioned as " off if we are relegated " or "Can't see us keeping him if we go down" multiple times, usually after a good performance, and myself, and others have responded to and debated on those very comments at the actual time.

It's clear at this point you aren't even reading the actual posts or considering context, just up for a good scrap. Lol

Are you still mad at my view on Anwars face injury? Are you still holding a grudge at me casually saying 90 percent of the football community agreed? ( Which I obviously just plucked for hyperbole)

You're so quick to to want to call bullshit, that you've actually ended up spewing it yourself. I suggest you go back and read through this thread and the others, since you've obviously got time.

The threads and comments exist, there's a search function as well.

You're actually having an argument with yourself 😂.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Oh for the love of God , what kind of petty little agenda do you and Stevo have against me this evening?

Eh?

I replied to your post telling you what you said wasn't true. And then replied to your reply.

If someone posts something that I disagree with or isn't true then I'll reply and tell them so. Don't flatter yourself into thinking I care about you enough to have an agenda against you :thumb:

Looking like a really good find, wish we had him from the start of the season but i can see him getting stronger already and reckon he will be in double figures by the end of the season .

It all could have been so different if we'd signed him in the summer. 

What a disastrous window this summer was, set us back about 5 years. Would say the worst ever but the summer of 2016 doesn't look great.

Still way too early to judge Samatta, as for last summers window i've said it before but will say again that they have basically pretty much made the exact same mistakes as we did in the 2016 money-ball thing.....Buy cheap players with potential from little leagues who have no prior Premier League experience. Same outcome sadly... now watch them all cry for a move when we go down just like Veretout & co did back then.

Wesley, Samatta, Trez, Engels, Luiz, Nakamba, Guilbert. I wonder how many of them will stay next season if we drop?

We'll obviously lose Grealish (Looks like maybe his head has been turned already tbh) & i can't see us keeping hold of McGinn either. The rest i'm not actually bothered about any of them they are all easily replaceable.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Still way too early to judge Samatta, as for last summers window i've said it before but will say again that they have basically pretty much made the exact same mistakes as we did in the 2016 money-ball thing.....Buy cheap players with potential from little leagues who have no prior Premier League experience. Same outcome sadly... now watch them all cry for a move when we go down just like Veretout & co did back then.

Wesley, Samatta, Trez, Engels, Luiz, Nakamba, Guilbert. I wonder how many of them will stay next season if we drop?

We'll obviously lose Grealish (Looks like maybe his head has been turned already tbh) & i can't see us keeping hold of McGinn either. The rest i'm not actually bothered about any of them they are all easily replaceable.

The problem isn't buying potential from small leagues, it's the calibre of players.

Samatta would've been a very good buy at the beginning of the season. Wesley isn't a CF, and would need a lot to success there. Trez can't be depended at. Nakamba is good at what he does, but we needed presence. Luiz is strange, I think his potential is high but whenever he have the ball I get afraid.

Guilbert is generally good. We've seen much worse.

Basically, A proper striker, winger and a DM would've changed our season from up and down. Not only about the money, but the kind of player.

Samatta for example, he's less than half of Wesley price. But his position and attributes is what we need. We don't play with a tactic that fits Wesley.

2015/2016 we've had a good idea, but we applicated it bad.

Our spine was: Vlaar, Delph, Benteke. We stayed up because of those and the introduction of Jack.

What happened is, we kind of replaced Delph, But we got a very bad defence, and never replaced Tekkers. Ayew was an ok player, but he isn't a CF. He's doing well currently with Palace, but in general he has his way of play.

Liverpool was challenging for the title with Suarez and Sturridge! Sometimes one or two players can be the difference. Ofcourse the team quality gets affected with results. At that season, Leicester was the team that got us down (when they won after us being up 2-0 at their place).

This season, they  had their part in injuring Mings. Then now another 4 to get our confidence low again.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I've judged him. He's great.

With this one, I think we can DEFINITELY see it.

No questions about him "holding the team back", quite the opposite.

Imagine how good he can/could be with good performances behind and around him.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Such a shame. If we had him from the summer I think we'd have at least another 8-9 points. 

Agreed, £8.5m is nothing in today’s market, it’s early days but he looks to be a great find by Smith 

Â