Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

dunno why we signed that crock of shit wesley in the summer when this guy was available. Why didn't we sign Smatter?  Cost he's African not brazillian? He's come into the team against leicester and hit the ground running. doing the basics Wesley failed to even look like doing until around xmas.

The ball sticks when we boot it up he can chest it, control it, hold it and give it nicely. and he caused panic in the box for the goal I thought he had scored it.

when he gets a few more goals he could turn into a poundland sane.

Edited by screwdriver
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Proper all-round striker.

Really good.

Was he tired does anyone think? He seemed OK to me when he got taken off, seemed still to be making something from most of the nothing balls in his direction.

We need him on the pitch for 90 mins.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Proper all-round striker.

Really good.

Was he tired does anyone think? He seemed OK to me when he got taken off, seemed still to be making something from most of the nothing balls in his direction.

We need him on the pitch for 90 mins.

I watched the game with my Dad and said to him that, if at any time Smith subbed him off it would be a huge mistake because he looked fit as a fiddle and was a threat all game. 

13 hours ago, screwdriver said:

dunno why we signed that crock of shit wesley in the summer when this guy was available. Why didn't we sign Smatter?  Cost he's African not brazillian? He's come into the team against leicester and hit the ground running. doing the basics Wesley failed to even look like doing until around xmas.

The ball sticks when we boot it up he can chest it, control it, hold it and give it nicely. and he caused panic in the box for the goal I thought he had scored it.

when he gets a few more goals he could turn into a poundland sane.

Do you realise that Wesley could set a new record this season ?

He could very easily end the season scoring only 5 goals less than when he was playing ?!

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Looks a really decent player, bit of everything, pace, strength, aerial ability, quick feet, good control and passing....just need to feed him some decent goal scoring opportunities now!

The very best create them for themselves, hopefully one day we will find someone who can that

He just looks like he’ll be first to the ball every single time.  Lovely touch, awareness, strength, and even a little bit of skill.

And as an added bonus, I’ve not seen him on the floor or moaning even ONCE.

Proper footballer.

• Like 3

Without this turning into a Wesley bashing I think it's remarkable but not surprising to see what a huge difference it is between the intelligence and understanding of the game it is between Samatta and Wesley.

Samatta makes intelligent runs, reads what his teammates are doing or trying to do. He anticipates what defenders will do and where there will be areas to exploit. 

Wesley just didn't do these things, or at least not on a reliable basis.

He must be so much easier to play with and harder to play against. That we also finally have an aerial threat also means our many crosses might cause some trouble.

Love this guy so far.

• Like 4

Â