Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When he scored, he wasn't having any of this celebration nonsense at the time either. Wanted to get straight back to trying to pull a result out, great character as well, seems a players player!

He has a brilliant attitude. One of my favourite things about him actually.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Other clubs would have taken notice of him. Striker like that is a rare breed. I think he's a real gem.

Be hard to keep him if we get relegated i recon.

If we go by our fans, there is no point in us buying any decent players, as we can't keep any of them.

I think alot of our purchases have in fact been made with one eye on relegation!

I.E having a team either too good for, or at the top end of the Championship, to bring us back up and build on.

They are all young players on long term contracts and relatively low wages.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we go by our fans, there is no point in us buying any decent players, as we can't keep any of them.

I think alot of our purchases have in fact been made with one eye on relegation!

I.E having a team either too good for, or at the top end of the Championship.

Just can't see us keeping him if we go down.

That being said Fulham managed to keep hold of Mitrovic something i didn't think they would. So there might be some hope.

But all the talk about him being so proud of representing Tanzania in Premier League, i don't think he'd want to give that up.

Best case scenario we stay up though.

We bought him with the real threat of relegation on the table. I'd hope that scenario is discussed and agreed already. Hopefully he won't be pushing for a move, but can't stop people trying to buy him if he keeps banging them in.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Genie said:

We bought him with the real threat of relegation on the table. I'd hope that scenario is discussed and agreed already. Hopefully he won't be pushing for a move, but can't stop people trying to buy him if he keeps banging them in.

Main worry is a relegation clause.

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I think we need to calm down. I am really pleased and he looks a player but he has scored a couple of goals, he hasn't tore it up over 6 months.

Was available for 10m and nobody punted on him. Talk of a move following relegation is silly at this point.

It's not the goals.

It's the fact that he's making runs. Is in the box when we're crossing. You know actually doing striker stuff, something Wesley not been doing all season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

It's not the goals.

It's the fact that he's making runs. Is in the box when we're crossing. You know actually doing striker stuff, something Wesley not been doing all season.

Yeah it is basic. I know we have been starved of it but Wes but he hasn't ripped it up. Yet.

I actually think if we go down you won't see Wesley play for us again. Some club in Europe will take a punt on him. We won't get what we paid for him. Samatta will be here next season regardless of what league we are in.

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I.E having a team either too good for, or at the top end of the Championship, to bring us back up and build on.

Exactly ,  pointless rebuilding again we already done that , stay up or go down we need to build on this were not that bad! Only player who should be allowed to leave if we go down is Grealish

• Like 1

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Exactly ,  pointless rebuilding again we already done that , stay up or go down we need to build on this were not that bad! Only player who should be allowed to leave if we go down is Grealish

We will lose grealish. We probably lose McGinn and mings. 

But that's it really. We won't be ripping this squad up like last time. 

It's why I think we will piss the championship next year. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why i hope Leeds get's promoted.

Don't fancy or looking forward to going up against Bielsa again. With his players running like dogs not giving us any time on the ball.

I still have scars from that 2nd half at Villa Park. As a Villa fan it was highly unpleasant .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We will lose grealish. We probably lose McGinn and mings. 

But that's it really. We won't be ripping this squad up like last time. 

We don’t have to sell though I think we can keep hold of Migns and Mcginn

Â