Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We will lose grealish. We probably lose McGinn and mings. 

But that's it really. We won't be ripping this squad up like last time. 

It's why I think we will piss the championship next year. 

Mings isn't hectic. He is heroic in his defending and this big alpha type who likes to be quite vocal. He's not elite though i think in the same way Grealish is. Makes some mistakes, i don't think a top club would go near him.

• Like 1

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Mings isn't hectic. He is heroic in his defending and this big alpha type who likes to be quite vocal. He's not elite though i think in the same way Grealish is. Makes some mistakes, i don't think a top club would go near him.

You may be right. 

Look I'd love to keep both. I think we'd dominate the championship without them. With them you'd have to see us as favourites for automatic promotion. 

With McGinn being injured for a lot of the season, there's also a chance teams won't pay what we value him at. 

29 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think we'd dominate the championship without them

I'd hope we'd learned our lesson from last time. Its nowhere near as easy as we thought it would be. We got up by the skin of our teeth, and would have probably collapsed as a club if he hadn't.

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

I'd hope we'd learned our lesson from last time. Its nowhere near as easy as we thought it would be. We got up by the skin of our teeth, and would have probably collapsed as a club if he hadn't.

We were in there for 3 years. 2 play off finals and a promotion. All while rebuilding an entire squad. 

It's a tough league but we will be in a good position next year. We will be playoffs at a minimum. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We were in there for 3 years. 2 play off finals and a promotion. All while rebuilding an entire squad. 

It's a tough league but we will be in a good position next year. We will be playoffs at a minimum. 

I hope the recruitment is a bit more savvy. Matty Cash if forest don't go up. jayden bogle. Wouldn't cost a fortune.

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we go by our fans, there is no point in us buying any decent players, as we can't keep any of them.

Literally nobody has ever said that

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

I'm inclined to agree, he cost us more than other teams will be ready to pay for based on performances, I can't really see teams coming up with an offer of 20 plus million (unless he has a spectacular euro) and I can't see us selling him for anything less. So if we go down he might very well be stuck with us. 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Literally nobody has ever said that

Great way to isolate a quote , in response to another post, which is obviously also slightly tongue in cheek.

I'm sure you actually understood the insinuation/context but just feeling argumentative.

We simply need to be constantly crossing for this guy. He's so hungry and has so much determination. We have decent crossers of the ball in Grealish, Hourihane, Target, El Ghazi, Elmo etc so need to utilise that strength. 

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Great way to isolate a quote , in response to another post, which is obviously also slightly tongue in cheek.

I'm sure you actually understood the insinuation/context but just feeling argumentative.

You're insinuating something, looking for a reaction and he's the one feeling argumentatitve? 

Hmmmm

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The insinuation and context isn’t true either. I’m not arguing, I’m stating a fact. 

This spills over from the Grealish thread where the message was if you think Grealish will leave in the summer you’re a shit fan and think the club shouldn’t even bother trying to keep him. 

It wasn’t true in there and it’s not true in here. 

40 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

We simply need to be constantly crossing for this guy. He's so hungry and has so much determination. We have decent crossers of the ball in Grealish, Hourihane, Target, El Ghazi, Elmo etc so need to utilise that strength. 

Yet all season we've struggled to cross properly. Our crosses most games have been real bad that it's only the last few games they seem to of gotten better. Most the time those crosses of ours seem to hit the first man, go way over the, there has been huge waste in our crosses. Jacks cross from the free kick at wembley showed how bad weve been at wasting our crosses and set pieces, even the pundits made a comment on it because we should of done better.

Until Samatta came here we hadn't actually scored a headed goal because the one Jack scored got disallowed, so it all highlights how bad we've been on the wings.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Watching his goal yesterday brought back memories of a recent debate on talk sh#te claiming that strikers that can head the ball are a thing of yesteryear. 

Call me old fashioned but there are few greater sights than a striker smashing a header in 

18 minutes ago, Chindie said:

You do love to see a thumping diving header. Top man.

I don’t want to hate on Wes but that’s the difference between the 2 of them. Clinical finish.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

I don’t want to hate on Wes but that’s the difference between the 2 of them. Clinical finish.

And I don't won't to endlessly defend Wes mate but they are completely different players. Look I'm in no way comparing Wes to great players like a Bebertov or a Le Tissier,  but neither of those 2 would have scored the goal Samatta yesterday either. 

I have a feeling they would make a pretty decent front 2. 

Perfect diving header, so satisfying to see. Can he score the goals we need to stay up? I really hope so, but we’re going to need some proper service to him. If we can get Jack, Targett, and possibly Elmo and Conor providing the crosses, I back Samagol to score plenty. El Ghazi can hit a decent cross as shown yesterday, but it’s 50/50. The less said about Trez’s crossing the better.

Â