The Royal Family

Genie

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Wait, you got the award?

Sounds like the job is yours son.

Well, I have actually been to the Pizza Express in Woking.  Not to groom young girls, mind; there's an awesome Laser Quest nearby that's a far better hunting ground.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I never got into the finer details of this, but can you please explain:

So he is paying for private security (as anyone would, should they wish to do that) but Police said they are not very good so he should pay the Police (who should be busy looking after, I don't know, everyone?) to look after him?

In a nut shell... Yes I think 

He doesn't get police protection, he's lost that right, so he has an American security firm set up that he pays for, when he tried to visit last year the police received a threat and did an analysis of his security set up and said its not sufficient so he can't visit, so he said OK he'll pay for the police to protect him and its gone back to the police are not allowed to protect him because he gave up that right

He's going to court to challenge the inability to have police protection - but he wants to pay for the protection himself, he's not asking for it to be given to him for free

And all of that is what I think is right... I'm not going in to detail with the red tops because from the attempt I made there's just a load of bile out there 

12 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I never got into the finer details of this, but can you please explain:

So he is paying for private security (as anyone would, should they wish to do that) but Police said they are not very good so he should pay the Police (who should be busy looking after, I don't know, everyone?) to look after him?

Police Royal Protection Officers are hardly going to be out there protecting the likes of you and I if they aren't protecting royals

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

I assume, but don’t know, that the problem with the Police saying yes to Harry is that then it opens them up to being purchased by any wealthy person who wants top tier security.

I don't know but I would guess that a general wealthy person / celebrity wouldn't carry the same threat level that the police stuck on Harry so their own personal security would be allowed 

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

I assume, but don’t know, that the problem with the Police saying yes to Harry is that then it opens them up to being purchased by any wealthy person who wants top tier security.

Bingo.

I'm confident that Bel Air has many more "volnourable" people. Harry, although he is special, isn't that special.

I think the prince needs to suck it up, accept he is a commoner through his own choice, and pay the additional $$$ for better security.

I have sympathy on the personal level. But the guy should be able to get his own top protection.

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Bingo.

I'm confident that Bel Air has many more "volnourable" people. Harry, although he is special, isn't that special.

I think the prince needs to suck it up, accept he is a commoner through his own choice, and pay the additional $$$ for better security.

I have sympathy on the personal level. But the guy should be able to get his own top protection.

No he can't that's why he's taking it court 

According to the police he is that special but then they won't protect him for free or for a fee and that's the problem 

Means he can't enter the country by the sounds of it 

Read the CNN article

It says Harry is not allowed to enter the UK because his personal security cannot replicate the necessary police protection needed meaning that his visit is considered too dangerous

He's then said right I'll pay for the police then and the police have said no 

So the police won't let him in 

Edit - which the daily mail ran a piece suggesting he's unhappy in his marriage, unhappy in the US and is blackmailing the Queen... 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

I suspect the "deficiency" in his American security is that they cannot carry firearms in the UK. the only close protection officers who will be allowed to carry firearms are the UK police ones. 

You can kind of understand that, I bet a lot of foreign celebrities and generally rich people have armed guards in their native and other countries but can't have them here.  Criminals and general nut jobs don't have the same issues though. 

That said I bet if someone tried to attack eg Roman Abramovich a firearm would mysteriously appear from somewhere. 

My mates younger brother used to be a personal assistant / protection for a only slightly well known figure and he tried to persuade him to carry an illegal firearm for his protection. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I suspect the "deficiency" in his American security is that they cannot carry firearms in the UK. the only close protection officers who will be allowed to carry firearms are the UK police ones. 

You can kind of understand that, I bet a lot of foreign celebrities and generally rich people have armed guards in their native and other countries but can't have them here.  Criminals and general nut jobs don't have the same issues though. 

That said I bet if someone tried to attack eg Roman Abramovich a firearm would mysteriously appear from somewhere. 

My mates younger brother used to be a personal assistant / protection for a only slightly well known figure and he tried to persuade him to carry an illegal firearm for his protection. 

That's a good shout actually in reference to can't replicate the police 

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, bickster said:

I am disappointed, I really thought she's stick it out

She has absolutely destroyed his reputation though

Yeah, I can't see him getting his titles back even with this being "resolved" 

Surely the resolution only adds to there being truth in the allegation.

However, Id rather these situations be resolved judicially and not financially though.

Andrew will remain not convicted of an offence but the resolution points at his guilt and it’s a cross he’ll have to bear in the public eye. 

another case of the rich being able to bat off any allegation with a bucket of cash. 

Â