Tom13

Ideally League One loan this season, Championship loan next season. Ings can spend two seasons with us as a regular and hopefully Barry will be ready to take his place in the team.

Edited by Khizzy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

Ideally League One loan this season, Championship loan next season. Ings can spend two seasons with us as a regular and hopefully Barry will be ready to take his place in the team.

What age is Barry, 17?

This is a good move I think. Proper club at a level he can get game time and really develop under a good coach. Could be the making of Louie. Once he can do it physically he could be anything.

Edited by Eidolon
Bloody autocorrect

Has all the attributes just needs to show the mentality. It's a real shame for him that he didn't get longer with Grealish as he'd have been superb for his development over the next 2-3 years as a mentor. 

Hopefully the likes of Ings and Young can help him in that regard. 

It's easy to forget we've only seen 90 minutes from him really. It was a positive 90. But there's a lot for him to learn. He's not likely to breakthrough as an out and out striker, he's likely to be a LW option or wide forward. With Watkins, Ings, Bailey, Buendia, Traore all here and Philogene-Bidace To compete with for minutes he's got his work cut out.

If I was to bet right now, JPB has more of the swagger about him and confidence, seems like a bit of a cock kind of person that will breed into a winners mentality. I'd like to see more of that from Louie too. Hopefully he finds that in Ipswich

3 hours ago, cb_82 said:

Lets see if he does it in League one and then he can move up to championship after Christmas, different ball game v u23's

Lets not forget someone else started at Notts County thats even lower

What’s lower?

Notts County division wise?

or the person that started there - morally speaking

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

What age is Barry, 17?

Yeah. I think we will start introducing him into the side in a couple of years. Bed him in slowly but will probably be a long term replacement for Ings I guess as he's in a similar mould. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

What’s lower?

Notts County division wise?

or the person that started there - morally speaking

If they do mean leagues then notts county were a league 1 side at the time. 

And they were a decent side just a little inconsistent at the time.

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

He'd better watch his back, thems is an odd bunch on that faraway side of the country

You farmers, you don't like outsiders, do you? You like to stick to your own.

I've seen the big-eared boys on farms.

If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and there's a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plough the family into the field, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who's also your brother.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When I first saw Ipswich I was worried that it was Lambert, but luckily not. 

League 1, is a decent level to go to. Let’s be honest when we were in the championship we’d have moaned like hell of we were relying on a 17 yr loanee 

1 hour ago, Khizzy said:

Yeah. I think we will start introducing him into the side in a couple of years. Bed him in slowly but will probably be a long term replacement for Ings I guess as he's in a similar mould. 

I’d like him to be given a six month loan and see how he gets on.

1 hour ago, brommy said:

You farmers, you don't like outsiders, do you? You like to stick to your own.

I've seen the big-eared boys on farms.

If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and there's a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plough the family into the field, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who's also your brother.

I heartily endorse this post.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i just hope he gets plenty of game time. be a great experience as long as he does

Apparently Sunderland and Portsmouth were also interested in him. You'd like to think for Ipswich to have beaten them to the signing they would be promising a certain level of minutes. 

Â