• Wesley
    • Grealish
    • El Ghazi (Jota 45)
    • Guilbert (Targett 66)
    • Kodjia (Lansbury 73)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

Just now, villabromsgrove said:

This team lacks guts, it lacks energy, and it lacks any visible sign of coaching. How do we change that?

New manager

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

He was visibly upset today which most likely made him more rash in his decisions. you can tell he is very frustrated at the minute.

Exactly, he’s working his socks off all over the pitch, but soon as he brings a teammate into the game they invariably give it away, fall over, pass it back to break up our own attack or hide. I’m surprised he’s not running round chinning them all. Grealish is the one chink of light at the moment, if he decided it’s not worth it anymore I wouldn’t blame him at all. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i didnt watch a minute as i was very concerned about this game, but blimey, i didnt expect to lose 3-0, AND we conceded 2 goals when they had TEN MEN?

shocking tbh.

Did anyone actually do themselves any justice?

Did anyone in the team work hard?

Nope, when the spine of the team continually dont bother, pick poor options, give the ball away, dont challenge dont run then the rest of the team think why bother if they keep getting picked.

To save you having to watch it, imagine a rubbish team but one who can head a ball and tackle and they have a forward who can move and challenge.

That's Watford.

Then imagine a team with zero bottle who keep passing the ball to Watford whose forward was rolled the ball infront of him 4 or 5 times and who just stood there watching it each time, who when he gets a chance to shoot just plays it out wide or passes it to watford.

That was villa

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can I just point out that absurdity that after that **** Leeds meltdown last season, once again the morons in our squad didn't play to the **** whistle? You learn this as a kid.

The opponent doesn't owe us a favour because a player is down.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

we have no structure at all, no composure on or off the ball, our passing is dismal, no attacking threat, we do not defend as a team, our movement leaves everything to be desired...the list goes on. what is our game plan? I cannot for the world of me figure it out.

how in hell have we regressed so massively into a team that cannot do anything remotely basic right? by far the worst team in the league atm and as things stand we are bound to be relegated.

sad, but true.

4 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

This team lacks guts, it lacks energy, and it lacks any visible sign of coaching. How do we change that?

You change the coaching staff and head coach. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. 

This is Lerner and Lambert Mark 2. We are not just losing we are getting hammered. The answer is obvious really. Smith has to go. He wasted £140 million on sub-standard players (Heaton being the exception). It would be insanity to give him anymore money I don't expect the board to sack him, they were the idiots who extended his contract when we were hovering around the relegation zone.

• Like 3

Norwich was a poor performance, this was something else. It was pathetic.

It's becoming a familiar sight that our players look like strangers and that every other team look more like a team than us.

Even with all the underlying reasons for this it's still not good enough.

It's more and more turning into a carbon copy of that horrible first season under Lambert. This time thou we will not stay up if we persist with what is.

You can see in Smith that he knows it isn't working, but he just doesn't have any answers. Sad to see because I so wanted him and us to succeed and build something here in the PL.

Bildresultat för hello darkness my old friend gif

• Like 2

Smith will be going nowhere ..... guaranteed. He is part of a long term plan and if that plan starts badly with relegation (I don't believe it will FWIW) then he WILL still be manager next season. You are wasting your time wishing for a managerial change !

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

Exactly, he’s working his socks off all over the pitch, but soon as he brings a teammate into the game they invariably give it away, fall over, pass it back to break up our own attack or hide. I’m surprised he’s not running round chinning them all. Grealish is the one chink of light at the moment, if he decided it’s not worth it anymore I wouldn’t blame him at all. 

Yeah, those last minutes were funny. He was just taking on any long shot he had, didn't even bother to try and pass it. Its like he knows they're all not on his level and they will ineivitably **** it up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul33 said:

Smith will be going nowhere ..... guaranteed. He is part of a long term plan and if that plan starts badly with relegation (I don't believe it will FWIW) then he WILL still be manager next season. You are wasting your time wishing for a managerial change !

I just wish for something appearing like football atm.

Edited by osmark86

35 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Spot on. We have had four games where we have been poor. Before that, although we weren't winning we looked good, and there was promise. That has evaporated in 4 games and everyone is now panicking. Dean needs to turn this around, and he needs to be given the time and patience to do it.  We have been down the sack the manager route season after season. It achieved nothing. Way to soon for the Smith out banners. 

Although predictably, certain posters are all over it. 😞 

This is a little bit rich, to be honest, given that you were posting sacking Bruce for about six months before it happened.

21 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Are u shagging Smith ? What would he need to do to come in for criticism from you ? I mean, you've openly stated you'd stick with him if he takes us down. Also, you don't get a millwall, Rotherham, Ipswich or Bolton in this league to go on a big run. Grealish coming back helped him enormously. He had the best striker in the league also.

Yes. That's what it is. I am shagging Smith. 

• Haha 1

Smith in post match interview: “I was angry with the players because they were poor in the first half”

a) who’s accountable for the team’s performance, Mr Coach?

b) how did things go in the 2nd half once you had told them they were poor?

• Like 3

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

This is a little bit rich, to be honest, given that you were posting sacking Bruce for about six months before it happened.

Yeah, totally the same that. Two seasons, three transfer windows, some of the best players in the championship, versus 4 (admittedly very) poor games. Up until Leicester, we were looking alright. 

Too soon to be calling for the managers head. Some posters in particular have been against Smith since he arrived. I gave Bruce a good season and a half before I called for his head.

• Like 1

Â