• Wesley
    • Grealish
    • El Ghazi (Jota 45)
    • Guilbert (Targett 66)
    • Kodjia (Lansbury 73)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Disappointing is an understatement but Smith won't be sacked. He just signed a new contract.

Need reinforcements in January desperately. 

With you on this, but listened to the 1874 podcast earlier with Dan Bardell & Gregg Evans. Gregg was emphatic that there’s no big money for Jan signings, max two loans from Europe, a striker and hopefully a winger. If they are very very good that might get us through, but our midfield is like rice paper. Not sure we can turn it around without McGinn. 

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Or a manager who knows the art of winning the inititaive and defending your position.

Is Pearson top class? or Chris Wilder?Top class....is Sean Dyche Top Class.....they just know what is required in the basics to survive.

I am not opposed to Top Class.....I j ust happen to think our problems are of a very fundamental nature.

If Pearson or Wilder was available you would get laughs on here from some quarters, such is the delusions of grandeur.

Nigel Pearson's impact does not surprise me.

New manager bounce, horrible Deeney is the difference for them, lifted them up no end on his return.

The names you mention are journeymen and we are hopefully on a different path to needing the kind of managers you mention, I don't want to plod along and be  happy with 11/15th every year.

I'd love it to be with Dean, I really would and I'd honestly rather stick with him and go down and let him build his dream without premiership pressure. However, if there is top quality gettable then it would probably be a smart move.

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

honestly I would rather we stay with Dean just to break this goddam horrendous cycle for once, but man he's testing my patience. what we saw today was unforgivable levels of ineptitude. also we are getting worse and worse each week. I hope they bring in a bloody voodoo doctor or something to break this downward spiral. something is very wrong atm and it will take some serious self-reflection from the club to turn this mess around.

I dont want Smith out but he needs to be honest with himself.

Wes is shit, he really is.

Louiz is NOT a great player yet and makes repeatedly the same mistakes and is costing us every game and gives no benefits.

Replace those 2 in the spine and ball retention improves, keep the ball and the other team cant score. Confidence grows with the ball.

While at some point in their future they MAY become good or even great players, not this season they wont.

Wrong players for our 1st team.

When 90% of fans want a player dropped then it's not because they dont want them to do well, it's because they are playing shit.

• Like 1

1. FFS Smith, why can’t you coach the team about playing against 10 men?

2. I am relieved we got that lucky 3 points against Norwich.  Would be in free fall without those. Hard to see where the next points are coming from though.

3. There's a lot of chat on VT about how we are going to spend big in Jan and save the season. I seriously doubt whether we should give Smith the money.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

How was he behaving like a spoilt child?

Kicking the ball at a player on the floor, whose team mates granted made a meal of it. All the way through he was facing up to the ref and pretty much moaning about every decision. I get that he is frustrated but he is the captain and should behave like one

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

With you on this, but listened to the 1874 podcast earlier with Dan Bardell & Gregg Evans. Gregg was emphatic that there’s no big money for Jan signings, max two loans from Europe, a striker and hopefully a winger. If they are very very good that might get us through, but our midfield is like rice paper. Not sure we can turn it around without McGinn. 

Don’t believe anything reporters say, they’d be foolish to risk relegation.  Not saying we’ll go and spend loads but if the right players come along I’m sure they’ll spend the money

grealish Leading the way as MOTM tells you all you need to know today.

As guilty as the rest of them in giving the ball away cheaply, and getting caught in possession.

He’s been pretty amazing all season, but he stunk the place out today... yet was still regarded as our best performer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

I dont want Smith out but he needs to be honest with himself.

Wes is shit, he really is.

Louiz is NOT a great player yet and makes repeatedly the same mistakes and is costing us every game and gives no benefits.

Replace those 2 in the spine and ball retention improves, keep the ball and the other team cant score. Confidence grows with the ball.

While at some point in their future they MAY become good or even great players, not this season they wont.

Wrong players for our 1st team.

When 90% of fans want a player dropped then it's not because they dont want them to do well, it's because they are playing shit.

I agree, Wes is not a center forward at all. would he be doing better with a more functional midfield/wingers? yes probably, but that doesn't excuse him being nowhere near the box during some plays.

Luis has been horrible in a couple of games now. he is way too slow, moves casually both on and off the ball and puts our defense under constant pressure. not convinced by him at all.

I think that replacing both these two with fighters would make us much more solid and in turn mobile. As you say, confidence grows with the ball and right now we don't see much of it.

I really hope that Dean will work on movement off the ball because this is seriously lacking. We also need to work on defending as a team because our backline is so exposed and that will lead to goals being conceded sooner or later.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Developing and getting it right takes time. It's no linear curve of progression. We saw this last season, when we like so many teams had a slump and we ended up on a record breaking winning run. That is football for you. 

Are u shagging Smith ? What would he need to do to come in for criticism from you ? I mean, you've openly stated you'd stick with him if he takes us down. Also, you don't get a millwall, Rotherham, Ipswich or Bolton in this league to go on a big run. Grealish coming back helped him enormously. He had the best striker in the league also.

Smith failed to get results from so-called 'tougher' games but now it's clear as daylight he can't inspire wins against teams in and around us either. I've felt for weeks he's out of his depth, in fact even when we were above the relegation zone I wasn't confident he was good enough when we gave teams like Brighton and Norwich 20+ shots against us. He's not adaptable, players have gone backwards under him, he places misguided faith in his £22m striker who was clearly a waste of money, he doesn't seem to have any tactics based on opposition but plays the same system every game. We are stuck in a rut like we were last season when Grealish was out, only this time we're at the bottom in a tougher league and don't have time to turn things around. 

The fact Smith has squandered £140m on the squad to be this poor tells me he doesn't deserve any more money to throw around and we have to change the manager, as well as the coaching team who clearly aren't good enough. As one poster said, yes we're not packed with individual quality but we should be doing better than we are and certainly shouldn't be losing games like today, particularly against 10 men. It's time for Smith to go, he'll find another job at a Championship club as that is his level, we need to go for someone who can keep us up. It's between Rafa and Fat Sam for me, both wouldn't play a nice style and it won't be pretty but they'll toughen the side up and might do enough to keep us up. We'll need to back them in January as best we can too. It's our only hope now I think. 

Just now, Thug said:

grealish Leading the way as MOTM tells you all you need to know today.

As guilty as the rest of them in giving the ball away cheaply, and getting caught in possession.

He’s been pretty amazing all season, but he stunk the place out today... yet was still regarded as our best performer.

He was visibly upset today which most likely made him more rash in his decisions. you can tell he is very frustrated at the minute.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

New manager bounce, horrible Deeney is the difference for them, lifted them up no end on his return.

The names you mention are journeymen and we are hopefully on a different path to needing the kind of managers you mention, I don't want to plod along and be  happy with 11/15th every year.

I'd love it to be with Dean, I really would and I'd honestly rather stick with him and go down and let him build his dream without premiership pressure. However, if there is top quality gettable then it would probably be a smart move.

These journeymen are showing us how to do it....Ron Saunders was probably a Journey man? in some eyes.

We all want it to be with Dean....but he is showing no indication that he understands the art of defending....what dream? based on exactly what?The premiership is pressure personified, we need to get used to it....we need to come out and appreciate all our faults, and then and only then can we start to put them right....Watford were dead and buried a few weeks ago....they have just found fight and a willingness to get stuck in....so Deeney is 'orrible, but we wouldn't dream of signing one of those, we are all too nice.

God give me strength.

going down is a very dangerous thing to do.... we seen how hard it was to get up.

I don't know the answer....but i do know, we can't carry on like this.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â