• Wesley
    • Grealish
    • El Ghazi (Jota 45)
    • Guilbert (Targett 66)
    • Kodjia (Lansbury 73)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

Just now, Danishlad said:

I thought we gifted them three goals. Most of our team look like championship level- with regards to strength and speed, and also needing sooo much time on the ball. We need some experience and maybe a captain.

Championship level - LUXURY! how I wish they were that good.

• Haha 1

i can excuse lack of ability etc, but i get the impression we arent even doing the clear most basic thing, working our asses off and fighting/dying for each other, is that a fair assumption of this game?

• Like 4

It’s the lack of fight that upsets me most. If players simply aren’t good enough, fair enough, there’s not much they  can do about that. But I do expect sweat and effort. Something In short supply today.

Edited by meregreen
  • Like 4

Not taking Mings off when he clearly looked like he pulled a hammy 

persisting with an injured sub par McGinn and now he’s out for months - shouldn’t have been on the pitch to get the injury 

persisting with Wesley after consistent shocking performances and snubbing a kodja who looked bright in cup matches scoring goals 

changing the back 4 every single game 

Playing Grealish as a winger and selecting Lansbury and Hourihane in the same midfield 

Poor manager - got to go 

• Like 3

Fell apart against Southampton and were lucky to win against Norwich, and threw this away against 10 men at 1- 0 down. He needed to change it and had the opportunity to in this game..............

.Can't see us recovering from these results even Grealish looked out of his depth. What next? 5 at the back and hit then on the counter or lose game after game.

The spirit in this team has gone. The bottle we saw at the start of the season has been replaced with petulance. The body language and behaviour of our players and coach today was ridiculous. 

Need some fighters in there desperately. Certainly could have done with a Whelan or Jedinak out there over the past month. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, PaddytheVillan said:

We know Smith has to go. This is the first time I've said it but he can't turn this around. People defended him saying we can't be expected to hold a lead against Arsenal (that's BS base on other team's results), or get anything from Chelsea (ditto). We'd get the points against Watford, Sheff U, Southampton. I'm sorry but we have to run this like a business - bring in somebody who knows how to survive relegation. Just like Watford have with Pearson. 

But we need some short-term changes to ensure we're not too far adrift when a new manager comes in. Douglas Luiz needs to be nowhere near the first XI. Bring Chester in at the back alongside Hause. Don't play Elmo or Jota again. And if it's not stating the obvious - Kodjia in for Wesley, for at least a five game run. 

Blimey. Glad you’re not manager mate 😂

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm genuinely upset about this. Smith made me fall in love with the Villa all over again after a decade of shite, and we'd never have come up without him. 

I think if we hadn't lost Mings and McGinn, things could have been so different. If we'd signed a striker that won't go down in history like an expensive Bokso Balaban, things could have been so different. If we had a winger that was PL quality, things could have been so different.

But there's no defending that. He's got to go.

The thing is the signs were there when Mings and McGinn were in......its just gradually got worse, because its been unchecked......I have seen this sort of thing before.

I don't think the chap knows how to stop this juggernaut, with no brakes.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

Â