• Wesley
    • Grealish
    • El Ghazi (Jota 45)
    • Guilbert (Targett 66)
    • Kodjia (Lansbury 73)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Villa fans (or at least VT Villa fans). I despair of you lot. When the going gets tough, it's always the same: sack the manager, appoint the next Flavour of the Month, start the the three year cycle all over again. 

No. No, no, no. Dean Smith is still near the beginning of his Aston Villa career, not the end. And (assuming the owners aren't as hysterical as you lot) he's going nowhere. Nor is Jack Grealish.

Yes, that was a painful afternoon. We have key players out injured, and we need to strengthen in January. It's not going to be easy. But like Tony Benn said: Toughen up - bloody toughen up. Or go and 'support' another club. 

To be fair the Labour party are probably the only thing in a worse state than us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh wow ..... what have I just watched ? The most pathetic and inept performance of the decade just before it finishes ?

I have a good mate who is a Blades fan and he keeps telling me their manager wouldn't touch more than 2 or 3 of the Villa squad ....... equally, he doubts Smith would touch more than 2 or 3 of their squad but look at the league table and the respective league positions !

I don't think Smith is a bad manager - inexperienced yes - but the mistake he and his management team have made is to load Villa with inexperienced, lightweight players with little or no experience at this level. I think he knows it and desperate moves like playing Lansbury who was crap even in the Championship suggests he knows we go nowhere with lightweight flare players who don't like it up 'em !

My fear in January is that his team will bring in yet more overseas players with decent CVs but with no experience in this league and who will need 4-6 weeks minimum just to adjust to it ..... by which time we'll be truly adrift. What we need in an ideal world is 5-6 proven Brits from either the Premier League or Championship. Players with talent but players who will graft, players who will track back, players who can handle the pace, players who can bounce off the knocks without rolling around like girls and, above all else, players who will play for the badge on the front of the shirt ..... not the name on the back.

I could moan about the ludicrously crass decision to play our lynch-pin playmaker on the left touchline for sixty minutes but, whatever the formation, turds do not polish well and our current squad is littered with more of the brown stuff than my local park.

We are in big trouble now and January's signings have to be as 100% right as they were 100% wrong in the summer ...... I'm rapidly losing confidence !

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Villa fans (or at least VT Villa fans). I despair of you lot. When the going gets tough, it's always the same: sack the manager, appoint the next Flavour of the Month, start the the three year cycle all over again. 

No. No, no, no. Dean Smith is still near the beginning of his Aston Villa career, not the end. And (assuming the owners aren't as hysterical as you lot) he's going nowhere. Nor is Jack Grealish.

Yes, that was a painful afternoon. We have key players out injured, and we need to strengthen in January. It's not going to be easy. But like Tony Benn said: Toughen up - bloody toughen up. Or go and 'support' another club. 

I genuinely hope you're right Mike. But the lack of desire today was unforgivable. 

• Like 3

Players who have run out of excuses

Wesley. Gutless slow lazy weak and they are his strong points.

Louiz. See the above

Get rid of both. The 2 crappest so called Brazilian footballers I ever did see.

Elmo the shepherd, cant tackle just stands off back passes to the other team and no bottle.

2 of those 3 have been a regular disgracein our shirt this season, elmo well he never tackles or fights for a 50/50.

Make no mistake, if we carry these saps any longer we are down.

Heaton 5, spilled shots and doesnf look confident

Elmo 3, cause of half the defensive mistakes today and most games he plays. Refuses to go forwards and dlows us down

Konsa 6 tried but when given suicide passes by louiz and Elmo all game it's going to get to you

Hause 6 only one to tackle or head

Targett 5 overlaps never returned leaving him upfield time after time

Louiz 0 yet again, nothing but misplaced passes putting us in trouble, misplaced passes breaking down any attack, no heading ability just shoves and gives away fouls, including the most stupid penalty I've seen in a long time.

Lansbury,4 ineffective less wasteful than louiz but heaton probably had a better pas rate

CH 5 he plays and has to drop deep, his least effective position 

JG 6 cuts a frustrated figure when he cant rely on basics like his team mates challenging or passing

Wes 0 get that heap of rubbish off the bloody pitch, seriously he is as much use as a dead jellyfish 

Jota 2 did he even play? Mind you he was better than either so called Brazilian.

Smith either dump the dross to the bench or lose your job.

Look forward to the louiz is great posts and wes is a young player posts, the excuses will come from the same people.

2 players in the spine of the team, both gutless lazy and showing that you can get crap brasil players. Both repeatedly give the ball away and break down any decent moves.

No fight, no skill, no desire just lazy coward shoulder turning for headers and tackles.

Embarrassing.

As I mentioned in another thread, if you play elmo to tighten things up you must put fred infront of him to do the right midfield role so at least one person in the middle will tackle and head the ball and show a glint of desire.

Play Elmo and anyone else, prepare for more of the shit show we've been served.

Voted kodja man of the match yet again does more than that useless lump wes in 20 minutes , pulls out wide and gets involved, doesnt just stand there like the slow kid who was always picked last in the school playground as he hadnt a clue how to play football.

Edited by brummybloke
  • Confused 1

I was probably one of the first to start a "Dean Smith for manager" band wagon, but I have to hold up my hands and say that I was wrong.

Does any one remember the film "Twenty thousand leagues under the sea" (1954 film), because that's how far Smith is out of his depth at this moment!

It makes me feel so sad to say this because Dean is a really nice guy and Villa through and through, but these qualities won't be enough to save us from relegation this season. Every manager we've come up against recently (except Bruce) has out thought DS, and today we can add the name of Nigel "Despicable" Pearson to that list.

I know Dean was given a new four year contract recently, but our two owners are tough hard nosed businessmen and there will be trans Atlantic chatting long and hard into the night about the naivety of both our team and our manager. 

Would you give this manager more time and more money, or would you consider painfully drastic surgery now?

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Disappointing is an understatement but Smith won't be sacked. He just signed a new contract.

Need reinforcements in January desperately. 

Does FFP allow Villa to spend in January ?

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Great post! I wrote my post before reading others but I’m surprised how many want Smith out.  They will always be a few but jeez how people over react.  We are playing badly but for me, as I’ve said, the board and management have to solve this problem....in no way should Smith go.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

honestly I would rather we stay with Dean just to break this goddam horrendous cycle for once, but man he's testing my patience. what we saw today was unforgivable levels of ineptitude. also we are getting worse and worse each week. I hope they bring in a bloody voodoo doctor or something to break this downward spiral. something is very wrong atm and it will take some serious self-reflection from the club to turn this mess around.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Can we post this in every topic please

• Like 1

all the points from todays game have been covered by everyone on this thread. The blatent reality is if villa conceed our heads drop and we're finihsed. It would of been the same against norwich but luckily we shut them out.

where was the fight from smith? We want to see O'Neill/Klopp style animation on the touchline.

hands in pockets on the touchline shrugging his shoulders just like marco silva at everton.  an xmas bunny caught in the headlights on a dark winters night on the A34

It's ok squaring up to Bielsa a decrepid OAP at ellend road. Why not go toe to toe with Pearson and demand he lets us walk a goal in?  possibly because Nigel has a rep of being a bit of a lunatic perhaps? bottle job

Smith is a dead man walking it's written all over his dad bod face. 50 double chins from some angles on my stream! obviously been comfort eating to ease the pressure. Don't let him near the watford gap services. Sack him in the tunnel purslow. and sack that fraud jesus too he's just a son of a carpenter you know.

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

Does FFP allow Villa to spend in January ?

I think so... think we have until the end of the season to ensure we comply. I'd imagine we will look at loans as well as purchases.

16 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Well Deeney wound villa up and they fell for it every time. Amazed it finished 10 v 10. 

Grealish was behaving like a spoilt child, don't like that trait, especially in a captain. 

Cant vote for MOTM as they were all shite. 

How was he behaving like a spoilt child?

3 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Would you give this manager more time and more money, or would you consider painfully drastic surgery now?

No manager can make a Premier League team out of this squad. Smith will not be going anywhere, they will stay with him even if we drop !

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This is kind of where I am. Something needs to change but i don't think it should be Deano.

2 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Players who have run out of excuses

Wesley. Gutless slow lazy weak and they are his strong points.

Louiz. See the above

Get rid of both. The 2 crappest so called Brazilian footballers I ever did see.

Elmo the shepherd, cant tackle just stands off back passes to the other team and no bottle.

2 of those 3 have been regular disgraced in our short this season, elmo well he never tackles or fights for a 50/50.

Make no mistake, if we carry these saps any longer we are down.

Heaton 5, spilled shots and doesnf look confident

Elmo 3, cause of half the defensive mistakes today and most games he plays. Refuses to go forwards and dlows us down

Konsa 6 tried but when given suicide passes by louiz and Elmo all game it's going to get to you

Hause 6 only one to tackle or head

Targett 5 overlaps never returned leaving him upfield time after time

Louiz 0 yet again, nothing but misplaced passes putting us in trouble, misplaced passes breaking down any attack, no heading ability just shoves and gives away fouls, including the most stupid penalty I've seen in a long time.

Lansbury,4 ineffective less wasteful than louiz but heaton probably had a better pas rate

CH 5 he plays and has to drop deep, his least effective position 

JG 6 cuts a frustrated figure when he cant rely on basics like his team mates challenging or passing

Wes 0 get that heap of rubbish off the bloody pitch, seriously he is as much use as a dead jellyfish 

Jota 2 did he even play? Mind you he was better than other so called Brazilian.

Smith either dump the dross to the bench or lose your job.

Look forward to the louiz is great posts and wes is a young player posts, the excuses will come from the same people.

2 players in the spine of the team, both gutless lazy and showing that you can get crap brasil players. Both repeatedly give the ball away and break down any decent moves.

No fight, no skill, no desire just lazy coward shoulder turning for headers and tackles.

Embarrassing.

As I mentioned in another thread, if you play elmo to tighten things up you must put fred infront of him to do the right midfield role so at least one person in the middle will tackle and head the ball and show a glint of desire.

Play Elmo and anyone else, prepare for more of the shit show we've been served.

Voted kodja man of the match yet again does more than that useless lump wes in 20 minutes , pulls out wide and gets involved, doesnt just stand there like the slow kid who was always picked last in the school playground as he hadnt a clue how to play football.

Agree with most of what you have said but not with Luiz. We need to start with Guilbert trez and el ghazi or a new winger to give Jack a chance in the middle and give him an outlet.  

Lansbury. Wesley. Elmo. Hourihane.jota  all deserve to be benched

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

for me its not a case of losing.....but we are losing to teams with more fight.

This team went toe to toe with the great Liverpool team, a few weeks ago  yeah they are great already.......but as soon as we come up against anyone who is fired up, its curtains......theres no fight in this bloody team and they don't look fit enough either.

Other Teams are first to the ball and second balls ...and when we capitulate after the opposition lose a man, that should send alarm bells ringing.....its happens so often ..what are we doing about it?

maybe there is a knee jerk tonight....but blimey MJM surely you must be worried with the signs.

• Like 2

Â