Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

22 hours ago, BOF said:

Different kind of cringe though. Norm was the best at saying the absolute wrong thing.

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are only 3 Star Wars films - the original trilogy.

Anything else is a soul crushing betrayal and pile of shite. I'm still in therapy for the Phantom Menace. 

• Like 4

I’ve defo seen the first Star Wars film, not seen any others.

But hey, I bet there are freaky people out there that haven’t listened to Exile On Coldharbour Lane, we’re all different.

23 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

But hey, I bet there are freaky people out there that haven’t listened to Exile On Coldharbour Lane 

Haven't even heard of it, let alone listened to it. 

EDIT: Just Googled it. Alabama 3. Don't like anything I've heard by them, so will be giving it a miss. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Anything else is a soul crushing betrayal and pile of shite. I'm still in therapy for the Phantom Menace. 

Nah rogue one is very good, absolutely beautiful to look at and has some incredibly cool proper SW moments, probably 2 of my favourite SW things near the end

That said duel of fates is one of my favourite SW things too...

13 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Have you actually watched any of them? 

I quite enjoyed the first one when it came out, but it was law of diminishing returns after that. Not so much shite as 'not my sort of thing'. Same with superhero movies. The first couple of Superman and Batman ones were mildly entertaining, but I have no interest in watching any more. They're for kids. 

Computer says no. 😉 Fan survey ...

Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 3.22.28 PM.png

Edited by Marka Ragnos

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nah rogue one is very good, absolutely beautiful to look at and has some incredibly cool proper SW moments, probably 2 of my favourite SW things near the end

There are a few nice nostalgic nods in the late stuff, but Disney have bled the life out of it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

it's a good one, for sure. Force Awakens and Andor really broke fresh ground for me, too. As a parent, I also loved Rebels, the animated series. So many good times with my little boy, watching that.  🙂

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Haven't watched Visions or the Bad Batch

Season 1 of Visions was rubbish, season 2 was much better.  Bad Batch is slow-moving in places but has been ramping up quite nicely, and the season just gone was very good.

Anyone giving Andor a skip because they think the whole thing is garbage is genuinely missing out on some straight-up great telly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xela said:

You can probably leave Jedi out as well, it really isn't actually a particularly good movie. The original was a groundbreaking achievement and ESB is actually quite a dark U rated film.

• Like 1

On 28/06/2023 at 12:59, BOF said:

Different kind of cringe though. Norm was the best at saying the absolute wrong thing.

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Also a master of the shaggy dog story that makes you cringe along the way.   This one is short enough to be worth sitting through:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Dogs are too much hassle.

Absolutely this. I can understand how people are attached to them, but they're way too high maintenance for me. And if I'm ever tempted to get one, I just remind myself that you have to pick up their shit. Nope. 100% deal breaker. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Absolutely this. I can understand how people are attached to them, but they're way too high maintenance for me. And if I'm ever tempted to get one, I just remind myself that you have to pick up their shit. Nope. 100% deal breaker. 

For me it's more the if you ever want to go anywhere for any length of time, you need to arrange getting the **** thing minded, or bring it with you. I do miss dogs. Had one my entire childhood. But now as an adult, sod that.

• Like 2

Â