Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

25 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

If you're daft enough to come down here (or before?) [something something], your tea will be [something?].

Answer- If you are daft enough to come down here going home your tea will be spoilt. 

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Added sumfink
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Every single movie and TV show that’s anything to do with Star Wars is absolute **** shite.

Have you actually watched any of them? 

I quite enjoyed the first one when it came out, but it was law of diminishing returns after that. Not so much shite as 'not my sort of thing'. Same with superhero movies. The first couple of Superman and Batman ones were mildly entertaining, but I have no interest in watching any more. They're for kids. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Have you actually watched any of them? 

The early ones yeah, not impressed.

All the newer ones, not a chance I'll leave it for the fanbois.

10 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Every single movie and TV show that’s anything to do with Star Wars is absolute **** shite.

Bloody hell, you've watched all of it?

I'd say the same about Star Trek but the Wrath of Khan was good.

Edited by Wainy316

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yorkshire and Lancashire accents ARE essentially the same

I'm not going to lie, in isolation I am not sure which one is which, then I think, do they sound like Fred Dibnah then they must be Lancashire, do they sound like Sean Bean, then they must be Yorkshire.

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

The early ones yeah, not impressed.

All the newer ones, not a chance I'll leave it for the fanbois.

Most of the newer stuff is absolute formulaic crap for me, and I include the Mandalorian in that. But Rogue One (film) and Andor (TV series) are absolutely top notch: much more adult, much less pandering to kids and marketing committees.

On the assumption that hasn't persuaded you Rob, Rogue One has Felicity Jones in it, and Andor has Adria Arjona and Genevieve O'Reilly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

Most of the newer stuff is absolute formulaic crap for me, and I include the Mandalorian in that. But Rogue One (film) and Andor (TV series) are absolutely top notch: much more adult, much less pandering to kids and marketing committees.

On the assumption that hasn't persuaded you Rob, Rogue One has Felicity Jones in it, and Andor has Adria Arjona and Genevieve O'Reilly.

Thanks, I think I saw them in The Fappening ;)

14 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

It's BLACK over Bill's mother's.  

This for me too, my German wife now says black over bills

The difference is the making up of words, subtle difference that outsiders won't get (the Irish guys I work with are completely oblivious to it) black country do brummies don't (yampy is probably my favourite example)

When I was the office youngster coming up I did used to enjoy hearing a brummie and a black country guy arguing over who sounded worse 

I'm black country, spent way too long working in dudley and wolves, everyone here thinks I'm brummie

18 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I've worked in Wolves for five years and still occasionally struggle to understand the locals. I suppose you might say the two accents are a bit like French and Italian, related and mutually comprehensible to a degree

This. Nearly 7 years working in Wolves and the accents are vastly different

13 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Almost. 

I'd say everything since the original 3 movies has been largely shit. The Mandalorian is the only thing that I've seen that is genuinely good.

The most recent films are absolutely shit

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Almost. 

I'd say everything since the original 3 movies has been largely shit. The Mandalorian is the only thing that I've seen that is genuinely good.

The most recent films are absolutely shit

YoUr RonG about teh MandalOriANZ. Its rubish.

Agree on the most recent fillums.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be honest....the mandalorian is bad TV... Its littered with some amazing star wars moments but the structure of it and various other bits it's really bad at times, it follows the trend of the latest films in feeling like each episode is done by a separate person with no flow to it

Andor on the other hand is brilliant usually for the opposite reasons, its well mapped out from start to finish and gives itself a chance to breath and develop

Yeah definitely think the Mandalorian is formulaic. Every episode is the same. But it's still good TV imo

It's The Wire compared to the rest of the star wars crap that's churned out these days 

(Excluding Andor, I haven't seen that)

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah definitely think the Mandalorian is formulaic. Every episode is the same. But it's still good TV imo

It's The Wire compared to the rest of the star wars crap that's churned out these days 

(Excluding Andor, I haven't seen that)

for me its more the way it cycles round on itself, they introduce a character in episode 2, lets say the female mechanic, she then reappears in episodes 5 and 8, the side character in episode 3 will pop up again in 6 

to me the structure of it is really poor and so are the mechanisms they use to push it forward, the whole thing is disjointed and is basically a collection of great star wars moments thrown together rather than being a coehesive piece of work - which is exactly what the last film trilogy was, just less the great star wars moments

hard to explain but that's why i think its bad tv, not from say an acting or visual point of view because it is still watchable but from how the show runner (?) pieces it all together, its really poor

and thats obviously before even getting on to that boba fett episode...

Good Star Wars

A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Rogue One, Andor, Clone Wars, Rebels

Okay Star Wars

The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, The Mandalorian, Revenge of the Sith, Book of Boba Fett (it was alright, fight me)

Bad Star Wars

Rise of Skywalker, Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Solo, Obi Wan Kenobi

Haven't watched Visions or the Bad Batch

Â