Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Booking a slot at the tip is a far better system than what we had before covid

I'd imagine it is for those of you who have to go outside normal working hours. Fortunately, us idle pensioners can go on weekdays when it's nice and quiet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I'd imagine it is for those of you who have to go outside normal working hours. Fortunately, us idle pensioners can go on weekdays when it's nice and quiet. 

I always used to go on weekday evenings as it seemed to be the quietest. Going at other times meant queuing for, literally, hours.

Now whenever I book a slot and go it's pretty quiet. No queue, plenty of spaces to park. It's lovely

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Booking a slot at the tip is a far better system than what we had before covid

My schoolyard Kenneth Williams thanks you.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Most of the Alan Partridge content is incredible, but Mid Morning Matters is numero one. 

"Bill Oddie has gone apeshit. He's like a bearded catherine wheel scything through the crowd"

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Here's one: the Brummie and black country accents actually ARE essentially the same. 

Like shite are they. Where I went to school it was a 70/30 split in favour of Brummies being sort of on the boundary between YamYamshire and Brum. Technically we lived in Sandwell but it was Great Barr and the wrong side of the River Tame to know that a faggot was something you ate. It really did take a brief second to tune into YamYam when an interloper who had been allowed to cross the river was speaking to you. They always had Olbeyan written on their school bags

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

The recent stuff is crap. Has gone downhill when Ianuaaci and Peter Baynham stopped writing the scripts.

It still has its moments, but it's a very noticeable step  down. No shame in not being as good a writer as Ianucci tbf

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Here's one: the Brummie and black country accents actually ARE essentially the same. 

I've worked in Wolves for five years and still occasionally struggle to understand the locals. I suppose you might say the two accents are a bit like French and Italian, related and mutually comprehensible to a degree

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It still has its moments, but it's a very noticeable step  down. No shame in not being as good a writer as Ianucci tbf

I thought  This Time  was pretty decent, actually improved after a second viewing. Just like Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab. Which  actually  gets better with every read

• Like 1

Â