Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Wouldn't know mate. Mine's massive.

Edit : Misread that.

Rereading my post with that in mind, I nearly spat my coffee out. 

Say hello in the morning. 

Snack and a fuss in the afternoon. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I've got a cat. I say hello to it in the morning, it then f***s off for 8 hours, and comes back for a quick snack and a fuss, then f***s off again. 

I love cats. No bother at all. It's like having a tiny lodger. 

Its like having a small furry boss.

• Like 1

Festivals, such as Glastonbury, are shit and can't think of many worse ways to spend several days.

In fact, I find live bands pretty boring as I don't listen to music really. I saw the line up and apart from Elton John and Foo Fighters I hadn't really heard of any of them. In fact I'd only heard of the Foo Fighters cos they were booked to play at Villa Park a coupke of years back and wouldn't be able to name a single song. Lana del Rey for example, I'd no clue who she was. Still don't.

I only really listen to a few Brit Pop 90s bands and house music and even that would be just a couple of times a month maybe on my phone. 

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Festivals, such as Glastonbury, are shit and can't think of many worse ways to spend several days.

In fact, I find live bands pretty boring as I don't listen to commercial music really, aside from a few Brot Pip 90s.bands and house music.

Have you been to Glastonbury? I don't know about other festivals, but Glasto (when I used to go in the 90s and 2000s) was about much more than the music. I've never felt so much a part of a community (not even amongst the Villa folk). 

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Have you been to Glastonbury? I don't know about other festivals, but Glasto (when I used to go in the 90s and 2000s) was about much more than the music. I've never felt so much a part of a community (not even amongst the Villa folk). 

Yeah went when I was about 22. So 20 years ago. Hated it.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yeah went when I was about 22. So 20 years ago. Hated it.

Wow, OK. Hated it. I've never met anyone who's been who actually hated it. Fair play, clearly not for you. 

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Wow, OK. Hated it. I've never met anyone who's been who actually hated it. Fair play, clearly not for you. 

It was uncomfortable. I like having a nice hotel and a shower at then end of the night. It was cold, the music wasn't for me and it rained. Full of absolute clearings in the woods and wanna be hippies. Yeah, the whole thing was just not for me.

It is a thread for unpopular opinions and this is surely one! 

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I only really listen to a few Brit Pop 90s bands and house music and even that would be just a couple of times a month maybe on my phone.

Sounds like you're basically not really into music. Personally, I can't live without it, every day. Different tastes to much of VT, admittedly, but it's still essential. 

(That said, I wouldn't go to Glasto if you paid me). 

Just now, mjmooney said:

Sounds like you're basically not really into music. Personally, I can't live without it, every day. Different tastes to much of VT, admittedly, but it's still essential. 

I'm not into music anymore. Used to be into my house music in the 90s and 2000s but not anymore. I listen to podcasts and watch documentaries instead of music.

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

It's a bit like me complaining that The British Soap Awards are shit

• Like 3

To each their own, a festival each summer is one of my highlights of the year. Never intend to go to Glasto, that's not for me, but obviously you're not going to get the appeal of music festivals if you don't listen to music:D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

So it's a camping moan then

Not really. I was just giving my opinion on the whole experience. Not being that into music I thought it would be a risk to go and spend a few days there, but I thought the whole experience would be decent. It wasn't. At least not for me. I wouldn't go back even in a luxury camper as its just not my thing.

I'd much rather go to Ibiza, where I've lived a few times, than spend any time at a festival.

Edited by GlobalVillan

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

I think if I didn’t listen to music much and didn’t like camping I’d probably have Glastonbury a fair way down my bucket list.

Probably just below **** a wasps nest.

A couple of mates were going and had a spare ticket so I went along. I tried it. Didn't enjoy it. But thats what life is about. Trying new stuff.

And sometimes, it goes well, others, it doesn't.

50 minutes ago, bickster said:

So it's a camping moan then

thats it for me, i **** hate camping

festivals are just about ok because of the volume of alcohol consumed but people who go on camping holidays are mental

that said last time i went to a festival was reading about 6 years ago on a stag do, we did what we normally do at a festival, cracked open a can at 6am and got smashed all morning before going in to the arena very well oiled spending the day just topping up and keeping it going....the teenagers next to us were the opposite...they slept all morning regardless of our noise and then partied all night keeping me awake

Â