January Transfers 2019/20

sne

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'd have Richard O'Kelly at left wing back ahead of Taylor.

Failing that I'd have Guilbert, Trez, McGinn, Hause or youth teamers Kaine Kesler/Brad Burton ahead of him.

Would you believe Taylor has the most blocked crosses per game in the PL. Crazy right

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Would you believe Taylor has the most blocked crosses per game in the PL. Crazy right

No because I've watched him fail to close down many many players :lol:

I've also witnessed him breakdown 100% of our own attacks whenever he gets the ball.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Actually, I would very much believe it. Mostly because, when he's out there, that's where opponents attack. So if we're going for raw blocked crosses, he's had ample opportunity to block them. 😎

Also, I want to go on record that I'm perfectly okay with Taylor as a backup option. Hopefully it's Targett getting all the minutes from here on out, as I feel he's starting to come into his own in the new formation, and he clearly has a rapport with Jack. When this summer comes, I'm more than open to jettison Taylor.

FFP must have been more of an issue than the club was admitting. NSWE have got the money, but were evidently unable to spend it.

The Premier League should be pleased that their scheme to stop lesser clubs threatening the privileged few is working. Leicester slipped through the net much to the PL's annoyance, but now they're also suffering from financial constraints.

We need to accept that there will not be a level playing field in the Premier any time soon.

I think (hope?) that we'll stay up by the skin of our teeth, and are able to add approximately three players this summer who are clearly better than the players they are brought in to replace.

UTV.

• Like 2

Just like I was pleased with the summer business I think overall I'm fine with the January business. Very pleased with Reina and Samatta, not quite sure on Drinkwater just yet and well can Baston be any worse of a backup than Kodjia? I'd say no. 

Thank god it's all over now though and we can just focus on the job ahead. Firmly believe there's good players here. 

Oh and Louie Barry of course who I'm going to say is probably my favourite deal. A real potential superstar with that one. 

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Unless he was driving from London via Gloucester or tebay there aren't many of those on the motorway 😉

Before he hit the motorway 😋

Edited by Dave-R

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's Scottish. C'mon now

Ok so Scottish dont eat Fruit n Veg, i guess he was after Haggis on the Motorway then?

Could of stored porridge in his Sporran 🤣

Edited by Dave-R

Holy fook! Is this for real?

"United, according to the report, will pay a third of Ighalo's wages during his time at Old Trafford. This works out at £100,000 a week. Ighalo, who has just under two years left on his contract with Chinese Super League outfit Shanghai Shenhua, is currently earning an astronomical £300,000-a-week."

https://www.givemesport.com/1542955-odion-ighalo-the-financial-details-behind-his-imminent-loan-move-to-manchester-united

10 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Apparently we retaining Chester was unnecesary but Neil **** Taylor needs to be here as cover. 

Yeah. Chester has played 0 minutes and Taylor near 800 and we only have Targett and potentially Hause as backup LB and we need Hause in back 3 for aerials. Chester had major injury and could easily reinjure back playing regularly

Edited by Kiwivillan

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yeah. Chester has played 0 minutes and Taylor near 800 and we only have Targett and potentially Hause as backup and we need Hause in back 3 for aerials. Chester had major injury and could easily reinjure back playing regularly

Mate, have you seen Taylor play? Genuinely asking? Because Chester is worth more as backup to CB than Taylor is to LB. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

Mate, have you seen Taylor play? Genuinely asking? Because Chester is worth more as backup to CB than Taylor is to LB. 

Yes he was very solid in our 10 game winning streak and through finals for promotion. Chester is crocked. Didn't they say ages ago he'll never be 100% again. I guess we'll have to have differing opinions

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Have you seen Taylor play this season?

Yes. He's played 90mins 8 times including important wins against Everton and Burnley and also the draw against West Ham and what should've been a draw against Palace. Not bad but carry on with your Taylor diatribe as that's clearly what the Chester post was for

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yes. He's played 90mins 8 times including important wins against Everton and Burnley and also the draw against West Ham and what should've been a draw against Palace. Not bad but carry on with your Taylor diatribe as that's clearly what the Chester post was for

"He played for us for 90 mins during a game that we won. He can't possibly be shit"

What? 

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

"He played for us for 90 mins during a game that we won. He can't possibly be shit"

What?

We can break down the losses too. Bournemouth Heaton flap and Luiz step over both on other side of field from Taylor. Chalk that loss up to Taylor. This is a waste of both our time

Anyone looking at the overall activity in this Window can see there was very little activity anywhere, and where there was there were several Clubs chasing - or being claimed to be chasing - those few players who were potential movers. 

It’s also pretty clear that those players were in the main simply holding out for highest bidders and best contracts.

The January window has never been a good time to buy, and this season more than ever.

On that basis we may have done pretty well. Both in addressing, to some extent, issues that needed attention, but at least as importantly in avoiding squandering fees and wages in a market of little choice as we have in the past.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1