January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's clear to me some posters don't watch football beyond Villa. They want a player from name recognition that was good several years ago

And your point is??? 

What is your major malfunction soldier, as if there is a world beyond Villa for us, don't be so ridiculous to assume there is an outside to the box we live in. 😋

10 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

For me, rather than restrict the ability of a club to compete with the clubs who got there before the FFP nightmare came about, it would be better to redesign the whole fit & proper test and build in some new regulations to make it impossible for an owner to invest unless the entire costing is set aside for the entirety of a players contract. Thus removing the "risk" to a club running into future issues. This could surely be done in a way that would mean any investment had to be set aside / paid in advance to some governing body or whatever so that if the owner left the club, sold up or ran into financial difficulty of any kind due to relegation or a change in the marketplace, the money would still be there to cover the entire cost of that player including any loss on transfer fee, wages for the entire contract and future relegation costs or whatever.

This could replace the fit & proper test even as basically the owner would be unable to do anything unless it was paid in advance in full and the money held accordingly so it would not be possible for that owner to renege on the arrangement. It could be optional too so a club could either choose to remain in the current system or if they decided they wanted to go for it they could apply for an extra "financial ability check" where they would need to commit to those rules. State how much they were prepared to invest for the next say 3 years (to fall in line with current FFP regs) and pay that money upfront to the governing body who could then ensure everything was safe.

Obviously i'm no accountant but surely something like that could be worked out? It would certainly be better than the current ridiculous state of affairs.

Yes, if a bond or something can be placed to cover x amount of future players wages that should help insulate clubs if owners run out of money. 

If you can't do that then OK carry on as normal, but if you can then rich owners fill your boots. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yes? In what sense is it not? Long distance running? Giraffes? 

Who knows anything about Kenya really. I sure don't.  

Been there twice in the last four years on safari holidays so I know the beauty of the Masai Mara and then spent some times in the villages, towns and cities so know a bit about it but only touristy.  No reason for this post, just wish I was back in the Mara again.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Albrighton is the player who perhaps more than any other underlines our impatience.

I wouldn't say it's impatience as much as managers showing clear and worrying signs of incompetence. I was a fan of Paul Lambert (for quite a while) but when he simply gave Albrighton away it demonstrated just how muddled his thinking became.

8 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

I wouldn't say it's impatience as much as managers showing clear and worrying signs of incompetence. I was a fan of Paul Lambert (for quite a while) but when he simply gave Albrighton away it demonstrated just how muddled his thinking became.

I’m pretty sure we offered Albrighton a contract at the time, but he didn’t sign it as wanted more money and Leicester offered more... so obviously we could’ve offered more to keep him but I don’t think it’s quite as simple as we just gave him away.

I might be wrong but I’m sure that was the case at the time.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I remember many posters saying how he is not good enough back at the time.

It's the same story with Luiz, ElGhazi, Wesley and previously Ayew, Amavi or Veretout.

We have no patience and we often miss great players once they are gone. Let's give players like Wesley a real chance before he scores 15 goals a season for Bornmouth or Crystal Palace.

That's because people think players in a poor team are crap, when it can be for a number of reasons. I said at the time that Ayew, Gueye, Veretout and to a lesser extent Amavi were all clearly good players.

Albrighton back though? No thanks.

• Like 1