January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Gaston Pereiro suggests Aston Villa are interested in signing him from PSV Eindhoven

The Uruguayan says his agent is working on an offer from Villa.

PSV Eindhoven’s Gaston Periero says that his agent is currently working on an offer from Aston Villa, as per Sport 890.

The Uruguay international told the radio station live on air that the Dutch club have reached an agreement with MLS franchise Cincinnati.

But he says his agent is working on an offer from Villa, and that he would personally prefer to remain in European football.

He stated: “PSV told me that they have already come to an agreement with Cincinnati. I told my representative that if there is a chance to stay in Europe I prefer that. He is working on an offer from Aston Villa.”

https://tbrfootball.com/gaston-pereiro-suggests-aston-villa-are-interested-in-signing-him-from-psv-eindhoven/

Four consecutive seasons scoring double digits in the dutch top tier isn't bad, especially at age 24.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 3

Napoli’s reported move for Politano could help Villa land linked winger Callejon

Aston Villa have recently been linked with a move for Napoli winger Jose Callejon.

According to a recent report from Arena Napoli, the Midlands club are a possible destination for the Spaniard this January.

It is thought Dean Smith is very keen to strengthen the team’s attack as they bid to stave off the threat of relegation.

(Photo by Franco Romano/NurPhoto via Getty Images)

They have already signed Mbwana Samatta from Belgian side Genk, but Smith is expected to bring in another face before next Friday’s transfer deadline.

Callejon is a somewhat surprising link, with the vastly experienced former Real Madrid player having played the majority of games for Napoli so far in 2019/20.

Ominously though, the Italian giants have reportedly now agreed a deal to sign Matteo Politano from Inter Milan on an 18-month loan with an option-to-buy (Calciomercato).

Nike Sponsored XI vs Adidas Sponsored XI

That could be significant for Villa in that Politano is naturally a right-winger, just like Callejon.

https://tbrfootball.com/napolis-reported-move-for-politano-could-help-villa-land-linked-winger-callejon/

27 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

How about Danny Loader? 

Prefer toploaders ...

Jokes aside just read wolves almost brought him last season and been linked to Man Utd previously as well ... Contract expires in the summer as well ... Good spot ! 

Edited by thabucks

47 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Read that a deal for Slimani is an option as long as it's a permanent move, Leicester aren't interested in loaning him to us.

Rodgers said they don’t have a recall clause, unless there’s a sub clause that they can if recall to sell I suppose.

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

The lack of links and rumours is a bit worrying!

We've signed 3 players plus Barry. Some teams have signed none. It's a bloody good window so far. We'll probably get a loan striker and that's it

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Doesn’t seem to score many though.  Only 4 games this season too. Is that due to injury?

No, he's been used as a substitute at Reading, coming on briefly at the tail-end of games. Has started in the cups on occasion.

Tulloch young striker at Albion who we apparently had watched in December has reportedly had preliminary talks with Rangers as his contract runs out in June. Only just turned nineteen so would be another one for the future, but our U23s could probably do with a centre-forward, nine goals and four assists in thirteen games at that level so far this season, think quite a few clubs have been watching him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We've signed 3 players plus Barry. Some teams have signed none. It's a bloody good window so far. We'll probably get a loan striker and that's it

Yes I'm very happy with our business so far, in the second(?) Lambert season we we're on the way down and brought in Dawkins and Sylla and the season we went down we brought in none if I remember correctly, despite an urgent need of reinforcements. In both those seasons I got the impression that we had given up, that it was clear that there was no interest from the owner what so ever.

This season having brought in Drinkwater (still to convince though), Reina and Samatta looks like really shrewd business and it seems as if the owners, Suso and Purslow are doing what they can.

Still I'm a greedy **** who wants more! And especially we are in desperate need of another striker.

• Like 1