January Transfers 2019/20

sne

7 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Don't know you know, he may of been missing a few but he was running all over the place at palace other day, not to mention getting into dangerous positions.

I understand why some don't want him here anymore because he chose the money and went to pool. And before people say he was finished when he left us, yeah id agree but does that mean at some point he couldnt bring himself back, no one can say that for sure.

Did he leave his heart behind when he left us, no one can say, the only thing we could prob say is if he came back and did the business again for us, it would certainly say something about that wouldn't it.

People think he's finished, in some way I can understand why people would think that but he's been to long now at a couple of clubs without progress, he's the type of guy thats due for a turn around if the right club picks him up and makes him work I think Smith could make him work again.

I would choose the reason to ignore him, as Klopps reason for selling him.

He said " his movement is not sufficient".....weimann got the best out Benteke by doing all the running....Benteke had lots of service with us.

what we want is a better version of Weimann...I guess a vardy is too much wishful thinking, but thats the model.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Benteke may well be finished but when he was firing back in the day, he had more ability in his left toe than Wesley does. 

Genuine question, how many Premier League goals had Benteke scored after 12 games for us?

I remember fans saying he was shit early in his career with us, would be an interesting comparison to Wes.

Dunno where you go to find these things though.

EDIT: Just worked it out and it was 3 goals, but he had about 2 or 3 assists.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Genuine question, how many Premier League goals had Benteke scored after 12 games for us?

I remember fans saying he was shit early in his career with us, would be an interesting comparison to Wes.

Dunno where you go to find these things though.

EDIT: Just worked it out and it was 3 goals, but he had about 2 or 3 assists.

It would be 4 goals if you included the league cup match with Swindon Town, as it would've been his 10th match for us.

1 goal against Swansea. 1 goal against Norwich. 2 goals against Swindon. Don't know how many assists though.

I can understand why people thought he was crap at first though. After his debut goal, he took about 6 matches to notch in his second goal.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You think it can be difficult to get tickets at the moment. Imagine if we had Zlatan. 

To be fair I reckon he could still do a  job in the prem and would definitely bolster our forward line.

Whether we could afford his wages is another thing, honestly reckon he would cone though if the wages were enough, he would probably go to any reasonable team if the wages were enough.

In fairness though, even if he earned 250k a week for 6 months and helped us stay up, staying in the prem would more than pay dornthe 6 months outlay....

Edited by MaVilla

Benteke scored three goals in his first twelve games and had two assists, and it wasn't until the twelve game that he scored that third goal against Reading, he was getting a lot of praise on his thread on this site. It's unfair to compare cup games because Wesley hasn't been playing in the league cup for us, if he had have been there's a good chance he would be on more goals now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TRO said:

I guess a vardy is too much wishful thinking, but thats the model.

Clearly Vardy is way beyond us, but I agree that's the kind of striker I want. I seem to recall there was some chat about us potentially being interested in him the summer before we went down, and the suggestion going down very badly on here (including with me, IIRC). Guess signing Gestede instead worked out brilliantly.

What Vardy has, and what Kane has, is a burning hunger to score goals, and I see too many strikers nowadays who don't have that. I want a striker who, after a game which we win but he doesn't score in, goes home and stews on it with annoyance all week. I don't know how you find it; I'm not even sure there's many in the world of the required level. But that's what I want.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Clearly Vardy is way beyond us, but I agree that's the kind of striker I want. I seem to recall there was some chat about us potentially being interested in him the summer before we went down, and the suggestion going down very badly on here (including with me, IIRC). Guess signing Gestede instead worked out brilliantly.

What Vardy has, and what Kane has, is a burning hunger to score goals, and I see too many strikers nowadays who don't have that. I want a striker who, after a game which we win but he doesn't score in, goes home and stews on it with annoyance all week. I don't know how you find it; I'm not even sure there's many in the world of the required level. But that's what I want.

The way Connelly at Brighton scored v Spurs last month reminded me of Vardy. He could be one we target in the future perhaps.

When I've seen Rebic for Croatia he's got a similar style. In and out of the Milan team so could perhaps be available on loan in January.

There's one experienced international and one young prospect anyway.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MaVilla said:

How about 6 months of zlatan....... :)

6 months of Bale on loan?  God knows how much it would cost but it would be a statement from Wes and Nassef.

I still have hope that Benteke isn't finished.  It doesnt really help him that Palace generally play with Townsend and Zaha cutting in from the wings which means he doesnt get the crosses he thrives off.  It would be a big gamble though.  We also need a back up left back to step in for Targett when needed as we are so imbalanced when he's not there.

On 25/11/2019 at 18:46, Vive_La_Villa said:

You think it can be difficult to get tickets at the moment. Imagine if we had Zlatan. 

He’d have a clause in his contract that all four of our stands would have to be named the Zlatan Ibrahimovic Stand. And he’d have to be addressed in all of his interviews as Sir King Zlatan the redeemer.

• Like 1

Mitrovic would be perfect for us to be honest. Great touch, can hold the ball up, great in the air and knows where to position himself. 

Basically, everything that we don’t get from Wesley. 
I remember reading somewhere he’d signed a 5 yr deal and he isn’t exactly the type we target anymore. Don’t doubt he’d be brilliant for us though.