January Transfers 2019/20

sne

5 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Would love us to sign Allan Saint-Maximim off Newcastle if they are relegated 👌 if he works at his end product he will be some player.

Also Jetro Willems could be worth a look to challenge Targett at left back . He is only on loan to the barcodes from Eintracht Frankfurt

Newcastle are above us in the table and they are a more established Premier League outfit. I’d say there’s more chance of us going down than them

Leon Bailey scored twice for Leverkusen at Bayern Munich tonight. I remember him being hyped up two years ago and talk England were looking to see if he was qualified for them given he wasn't playing for Jamaica at the time.

Anyway progress seems to have stalled at Leverkusen but that might be the sort we take a look at, can play in a 4-3-3 no problem.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Would love us to sign Allan Saint-Maximin off Newcastle if they are relegated 👌 if he works at his end product he will be some player.

Also Jetro Willems could be worth a look to challenge Targett at left back . He is only on loan to the barcodes from Eintracht Frankfurt

Decent player, shakes it up, would be much better with decent players around him, although not sure we yet have the forwards to exploit his endeavour.  I would like him here but not sure there might be better out there.
They paid £16m for him.

Edited by thunderball

16 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Would love us to sign Allan Saint-Maximin off Newcastle if they are relegated 👌 if he works at his end product he will be some player.

I don't see Newcastle being relegated this year !! 

15 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Newcastle are above us in the table and they are a more established Premier League outfit. I’d say there’s more chance of us going down than them

Yeah I'm not so sure about that despite the fact they are more established.

There performances and outcomes have been at most times lucky. Most there goals come from defenders. Our performances have always been reasonably good, certainly very exciting to Newcastles and we most certainly always look like a threat. Newcastle have not had the un-luckyness of officiating and VAR rulings as we have. So while I do agree they are more established, I do disagree that were more likely to be relegated because we've been through the thick of it when it comes to things just not going our way. At some point our good performances will meet in line with luck and things will start to come together on the pitch.

Add to all that, that we have a crazy premier season unfolding. Just like when we were in the championship where teams who you'd usually bet on to win are now losing to teams you'd normally bet on to lose, makes for a topsy turvy season. I actually think there are going to be more teams fighting for relegation this season than any other we've seen over decades, it's going to be tight.

Id say we've played better than at least half the teams in this league, just that things have not gone our way, a shame yes but now we need to focus on making good performances stick. I do Believe that our nice guy attitude will go away. Eventually our lads will get sick and tired of the results not happening all because we gave out to much respect. All that hard work slips away, but can only stick for so long before you start playing there games against them. The opposition have used on us some proper dirty tactical fouls, time wasting, diving and we've sat and took it, it's time to join them if you can't beat them at it.

• Like 2

Apologies if this has been posted before:

West Ham and Aston Villa set for transfer war over LA Galaxy's Romain Alessandrini

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/west-ham-aston-villa-set-21001439

Looks like a WHU signing to me but his obligatory YT vids look interesting, I suppose. Not going to pretend I know about him.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Why nonsense? He's a good player. £10m sounds steep though.

Is he someone who for £10m would improve a side like us?

Is he even better than Jota? Would he be in front or behind in the pecking order of El Ghazi and Trez?

Do we have £10m to blow on a squad player in Jan considering we might need an additional striker and a winger upgrade?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Is he someone who for £10m would improve a side like us?

Is he even better than Jota? Would he be in front or behind in the pecking order of El Ghazi and Trez?

Do we have £10m to blow on a squad player in Jan considering we might need an additional striker and a winger upgrade?

£10m does seem a lot, but market is mad at the moment.

He's better than Trez and probably more consistent than El Ghazi, though doesn't get near him when he's on top form.

We shouldn't be spending any money before we get a striker in. That's the sole major priority.

If goal difference is a good indicator of how good or bad a team is, ours (-1) suggests that we are better than 15th place. Spurs in 5th place are +3. Wolve in 6th are +2.  When we lose we don't lose badly. A good striker in January will do the trick to see us safely mid table come May.