January Transfers 2019/20

sne

11 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I don't get it to be honest, I think personally that Grealish has been WAY more effective playing as the left inside forward.

He may like playing CM but he has been playing best in the left/cutting inside position.

Agreed. But one issue- if he’s an inside forward he needs to get on the scoresheet much more often, particularly if Wes is reverting to his deep role.

If not we’ll be way too reliant on our midfield scoring goals.

Edited by HKP90

59 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Bruce took Bowen to Hull from Hereford too so I guess that would add to the Newcastle rumour.

Well, from what I can find the club signed him for their academy while Bruce was manager and he was moved to the senior side the season after Bruce quit.

Bit of a lazy link but I suppose he might have trained with the senior team under Bruce.

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Agreed. But one issue- if he’s an inside forward he needs to get on the scoresheet much more often, particularly if Wes is reverting to his deep role.

If not we’ll be way too reliant on our midfield scoring goals.

In the last 4 games (he has played), hasn't he scored a couple and assisted a couple in those games?

Seems a fair return to me?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

In the last 4 games (he has played), hasn't he scored a couple and assisted a couple in those games?

Seems a fair return to me?

Career stats don't suggest it's his strength though, and a few on here were complaining he didn't shoot more. 

Maybe it's coachable? 

3 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Bruce took Bowen to Hull from Hereford too so I guess that would add to the Newcastle rumour.

Technically he didn’t he was signed from Hereford in 2014 as an u18 player and was signed by academy manager Tony Pennock when Hereford were expelled from the league. 

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Smith and Suso both seem to know the Belgian market well. Smith said he’d wanted Engels for a while and obviously Wes and Marvellous also came from that league. So who is pulling up trees out there atm and also fits our profile of signings?

Roman Yaremchuk maybe. 24 y.o Ukrainian attacker/wide forward. 9 in 14

They guy who leads the scoring chart is 34 so probably wont be signing that guy

• Like 1

An old stager who can come in and do a job for 6 - 12 months and bang in the goals.

In days gone by you would get a James Beattie, Les Ferdinand, Kevin Campbell.

I don't know who the equivalent is nowadays but that is what we need.

What's Kevin Phillips up to?

Theres a few wingers/forwards we were loosely linked with in the summer who play in Belgium and Holland, can't recall their names but they were decent enough when I checked them out. All would be less than £20m, maybe we will see Suso look at this market again for reinforcements?

Edited by thunderball

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

An old stager who can come in and do a job for 6 - 12 months and bang in the goals.

In days gone by you would get a James Beattie, Les Ferdinand, Kevin Campbell.

I don't know who the equivalent is nowadays but that is what we need.

What's Kevin Phillips up to?

Wilfred Bony :D 

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Smith and Suso both seem to know the Belgian market well. Smith said he’d wanted Engels for a while and obviously Wes and Marvellous also came from that league. So who is pulling up trees out there atm and also fits our profile of signings?

Don't know if we have any forum users based in Canada but Cyle Larin is currently in the Belgian league.

He had a ridiculous good scoring record at Orlando City (mind you Almrion scored a few in the MLS) then went to Beskitas but couldn't get a regular run, 5 goals in 18 games. Moved on loan to Zulte Wageram and it's going well, 7 goals in 16 games so far.

Maybe one to take a punt on as more a replacement for kodjia/Davis than the new first choice striker. Berahino actually plays for the same club...:ph34r:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Don't know if we have any forum users based in Canada but Cyle Larin is currently in the Belgian league.

He had a ridiculous good scoring record at Orlando City (mind you Almrion scored a few in the MLS) then went to Beskitas but couldn't get a regular run, 5 goals in 18 games. Moved on loan to Zulte Wageram and it's going well, 7 goals in 16 games so far.

Maybe one to take a punt on as more a replacement for kodjia/Davis than the new first choice striker. Berahino actually plays for the same club...:ph34r:

;) @VillaChris

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 28/11/2019 at 17:33, thunderball said:

Theres a few wingers/forwards we were loosely linked with in the summer who play in Belgium and Holland, can't recall their names but they were decent enough when I checked them out. All would be less than £20m, maybe we will see Suso look at this market again for reinforcements?

At AZ there’s Boadu and Idrissi who seem talented young forward players.

in belgium maybe Jonathan David, Diatta or Chadli (old but still doing a very good job for Anderlecht).

• Like 1

Would love us to sign Allan Saint-Maximin off Newcastle if they are relegated 👌 if he works at his end product he will be some player.

Also Jetro Willems could be worth a look to challenge Targett at left back . He is only on loan to the barcodes from Eintracht Frankfurt

Edited by Villan4Life