January Transfers 2019/20

sne

If we can get him on the cheap maybe 5 million I would like us to sign Benteke because he is the player we want Wesley and Keinan to become. But since he lost his pace he isn't really a goal scorer so he certainly wouldn't save us or be an option above Wes. However he should be able to teach them how to use their strength better especially wesley as that clearly needs working on. If we do sign him we should then spend our money on an inside winger who can play upfront and if necessary we could play el ghazi or them as a striker.

I still want a midfielder but that remains a pipe dream. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Benteke who has a 4 goals in 58 league games record over the last 3 seasons, is sitting on a £120k/w contract at Palace and who's had a couple serious knee injuries in recent years?

No thanks.

Yeah easy no for me

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Don't know you know, he may of been missing a few but he was running all over the place at palace other day, not to mention getting into dangerous positions.

I understand why some don't want him here anymore because he chose the money and went to pool. And before people say he was finished when he left us, yeah id agree but does that mean at some point he couldnt bring himself back, no one can say that for sure.

Did he leave his heart behind when he left us, no one can say, the only thing we could prob say is if he came back and did the business again for us, it would certainly say something about that wouldn't it.

People think he's finished, in some way I can understand why people would think that but he's been to long now at a couple of clubs without progress, he's the type of guy thats due for a turn around if the right club picks him up and makes him work I think Smith could make him work again.

Look at his goal record since August 2017, that says it all.

Edit; He has scored FOUR premier league goals since start of 17-18. Wes scored that amount this season and many on here think he's s***.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 3

Turkish media continue to link us with Congolese CB Christian Luyindama at Galatasaray and claim we were to sign him in January for £12m before he picked up a season ending injury during the international break last week.

Can't imagine why we would spend big money on a CB again after having already spent close to £50m in the summer.

Other areas to focus on hopefully.

I'd take Beneteke on loan TBH and see what he can do. A fresh start at a club where he was extremely successful might do him the world of good. He's certainly not the player he was in his pomp, but he wasn't that player in his first season at place either and still scored 15 goals. His biggest issue over the past two seasons appears to be confidence to me and that can be changed.

Don't get me wrong, there's a laundry list of targets I'd prefer but a loan deal for him is something I'd be open to. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'd take Beneteke on loan TBH and see what he can do. A fresh start at a club where he was extremely successful might do him the world of good. He's certainly not the player he was in his pomp, but he wasn't that player in his first season at place either and still scored 15 goals. His biggest issue over the past two seasons appears to be confidence to me and that can be changed.

Don't get me wrong, there's a laundry list of targets I'd prefer but a loan deal for him is something I'd be open to. 

I wouldn't. "Never go back", and while people can probably argue exceptions from the rule Tekkers is probably not one. At least not for me. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Benteke's been getting above 7 ratings according to whoscored in Crystal Palace's last 2 games this season, which is his only 2 starts of the season. That generally suggests he's been playing well in those games at least, even if he didn't manage to grab a goal. Hard to judge the rest of his season so far though, considering he's basically been playing as a sub in all his other appearances with an average of 10 minutes. And if it means anything to people, he's been scoring goals for Belgium against admittedly pathetic opposition.

No point bringing him on unless its for a low fee and low wages though and considering Palace just extended his contract for another year if I remember correctly, we aren't getting him for a low fee. Loan might be possible, but the fact that he's been starting for them recently suggests to me that's probably not a valid possibility.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Benteke's been getting above 7 ratings according to whoscored in Crystal Palace's last 2 games this season, which is his only 2 starts of the season. That generally suggests he's been playing well in those games at least, even if he didn't manage to grab a goal. Hard to judge the rest of his season so far though, considering he's basically been playing as a sub in all his other appearances with an average of 10 minutes. And if it means anything to people, he's been scoring goals for Belgium against admittedly pathetic opposition.

No point bringing him on unless its for a low fee and low wages though and considering Palace just extended his contract for another year if I remember correctly, we aren't getting him for a low fee. Loan might be possible, but the fact that he's been starting for them recently suggests to me that's probably not a valid possibility.

He made a 14 minute cameo off the bench against Liverpool (got a 6.0 on Whoscored) this week and was on the bench the whole game before that against Chelsea.

He's not started a game since round 2 on August 18th.

Where are you finding your stats?

24 minutes ago, sne said:

He made a 14 minute cameo off the bench against Liverpool (got a 6.0 on Whoscored) this week and was on the bench the whole game before that against Chelsea.

He's not started a game since round 2 on August 18th.

Where are you finding your stats?

****, I read it backwards lol. Those 2 games were from the start of the season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Random...

However it's all about the development of a player.

Enda Stevens has now developed into a fantastic left back, I watched him yesterday and he was superb. He would currently walk into our side.

Lowton has developed into a very good right back for Burnley.

Taylor won't improve.

We now have to hope Guilbert and Targett can develop to become brilliant premier league full backs for us.

I suspect they won’t be given the time unless the development is rapid.