January Transfers 2019/20

sne

9 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Folks have to realise that there is only a limited pot of money that can be spent.

If we buy big this window then the summer will probably be really quiet, you have to pay the piper at some point.

Those expecting a big outlay now, would you be happy with mo business in the summer?

I'd be happy with staying up, no matter when the money is spent.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Folks have to realise that there is only a limited pot of money that can be spent.

If we buy big this window then the summer will probably be really quiet, you have to pay the piper at some point.

Those expecting a big outlay now, would you be happy with mo business in the summer?

We need to invest to have a chance of staying up. Losing McGinn, Heaton and Wesley has decimated us.ย 

In terms of investing, if we get the likes of Bowen, Mitrovic, Benhrama, Batshuayi we have a far better chance of staying up.ย 

But even if we go down these players won't lose value. In fact their likely to be worth more.ย 

If we go down Mings, McGinn, Jack and a few more will be gone so that money will recoup this investmentย 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Anyone who thinks whilst we have every possibility going down we are going to drop 50m on Bowen and Mitro is deluded.

ย 

I'm with you. Can't see it myself. I think we'll try a few loans and maybe sign 2 players for around 5-8m each. I also don't think it will be enough to stay up, but we'll see.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Luiz is certainly PL quality.ย 

Agree totally. if he isn't showing quality here before the end of the season he will have to go somewhere to get coached better. Forย me, with proper coaching he isย gonna be a class player.

• Like 1

Bowen and Mitrovic would cost a lot more than ยฃ50m, Fulham would want close to that for Mitrovic alone, and Bowen is being talked about as a ยฃ25m pound player and is getting linked to Leicester. But if we're clever we can get better players than those two by going down the loan with an option to buy route, we don't have to spend massive money this window to make a difference to our team.

• Like 1

I think Pedro on the cheap and Batushauyi loan-to-buy would be great and just what we need.ย  Hopefully JT can pull a few strings there.ย  Also need a young left back in the Guilbert style to replace Taylor.ย  Keeper would be nice but for me less of a priority.

• Like 1

Hopefully Terry can pull a rabbit out of the hat with Lampard and get some business done that is mutually beneficial for both clubs.

Edited by Baker

50 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm with you. Can't see it myself. I think we'll try a few loans and maybe sign 2 players for around 5-8m each. I also don't think it will be enough to stay up, but we'll see.

Genuine question - why do youย think that? Weโ€™ve had a massive slump November and December yet are still out of the bottom 3, would not a few more players give you more confidence we could avoid the drop. ย A striker, another creative forward and a solid midfielder could make a big difference to us if we can get them.ย Interested in your thoughts the other way?

Seems like these days with these kind of threads everyone gets fixated with the same few names, in the summer it was Benrahma, Webster, Maupay, Phillips and so on, but we didn't sign any of those players, and this window this time it's Bowen, Benrahma, Mitrovic, Giroud and Batshuayi, that seem to be the main ones being mentioned, but wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sign any of those either, there are plenty of other players throughout Europe that we could go for that could improve our team, if we don't then someone else will.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Should have good stamina for the second half๐Ÿ˜‰

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

I've seen Kemar Roofe twice today driving around in his Range.

I know hes Walsall lad, surely just back in the area seeing family etc. Maybe one to keep an eye on for one of the local clubs.

Was he driving around Walsall or BMH?