January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 minute ago, Essexvillian said:

Don’t shoot me down, been a villa supporter for over 20 years, been registered on here for about 10 years, but never post.....Glenn Murray until the end of the season? Not many minutes at Brighton 🤔

Brighton wouldn't be giving direct rivals for relegation anyone who might score for them.

Should have got him when we very first got relegated. Would have been perfect old head for us. Went on loan to Brighton and took them up, still there now, should be us.

If we go for a Bowen, I hope we have undertaken a LOT of research.

Lots of teams set themselves up in a particular system around a single player or pair (think also defensive managers and how their CBs always look brilliant and get overrated).

Worst case it’s another Hogan. Best case he saves our arses 😂

Just to follow my own post. Had a look at a Hull City forum. Someone made a point that apparently Bowen’s dad supports Villa, and Bowen himself initially grew up as a Villa fan. He recently followed Villa on Instagram.

Many saying he’s not worth £20m+ but is a very very hard worker and very determined to realise his potential. A risk, but we knew that.

If he is a target I hope we’re doing a Dortmund and co-ordinating a charm offensive on him using Jack/Smith etc. 

• Like 1

Alot of pressure on whoever comes here for the striker position in particular, that is why i feel we need experience in this case, everyone seems to fall short. Same for wingers, experience at playing against this leagues clubs is now vital to us, yet we also need someone who can actually put crosses in front of our striker.

This maybe a time that we need to bring in players who are apart of this league or have have danced in it. I feel like if we go dipping into leagues that are world's apart from the premier, we will just continue to struggle more and be in so much trouble that we may as well get used to the idea of championship football now.

• Like 1

January is a horrific window at the best of times, and we're heading into it in pretty dire state. This isn't going to be a pretty window. This is a Chris Samba on a free esque window. Theres going to be fudges and stop gap solutions on the hope we cover ourselves in the most cost effective manner possible.

Without injuries, supplementing what we have, we might have had a chance at improving ourselves with a significant signing up front. Now we need that plus someone else plus ideally a winger, and we're down to our third choice keeper and the squad is thin on quality anyway...

We need loans, Bosmans, and some clever purchases... At the worst time to do it, with FFP looming too. This is a gonna be a grim window.

• Like 2

Smith has said they need to be plug and play as in already in or been in premier league.

I suspect they will be loans. I wouldnt rule out butland on loan and paying his wages plus a fee.

I also now think there may be a couple chelsea/ man city players who have dropped well down the order who would be looked at.

Someone said why the clamour for mitrovic? Well his goal scoring record even in terrible teams is better than 1 in 3, he battles and can score with his head or feat and is still a decent age. No one knows how much he would cost as he signed a contract in the summer after relegation. For all we know he could have a buyout clause he insisted upon in order to sign a new contract ?  

I chucked his name forward in the do we need a new striker thread ages ago as he always looked a handful to play against either scoring or making the space open for others.

So just from smiths comments I would guess bowen is ruled out as are the majority of overseas players who haven't played in the premier league.

Edited by brummybloke
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Smith has said they need to be plug and play as in already in or been in premier league.

I suspect they will be loans. I wouldnt rule out butland on loan and paying his wages plus a fee.

I also now think there may be a couple chelsea/ man city players who have dropped well down the order who would be looked at.

Someone said why the clamour for mitrovic? Well his goal scoring record even in terrible teams is better than 1 in 3, he battles and can score with his head or feat and is still a decent age. No one knows how much he would cost as he signed a contract in the summer after relegation. For all we know he could have a buyout clause he insisted upon in order to sign a new contract ?  

I chucked his name forward in the do we need a new striker thread ages ago as he always looked a handful to play against either scoring or making the space open for others.

So just from smiths comments I would guess bowen is ruled out as are the majority of overseas players who haven't played in the premier league.

Mirtovic is good but I would want karlan grant got 4 goals in 13 for an awful Huddersfield side last season and is 3rd top scorer in the championship for an awful Huddersfield side. He has scored some absolute beauties with one just like Jack's against Burnley just before new years. If we can get him and Bowen (both can play out wide) for 40 Million we we should have 20 million to shell out on another cm maybe sander berge as genk look like they arent competing for Europe this year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Essexvillian said:

Don’t shoot me down, been a villa supporter for over 20 years, been registered on here for about 10 years, but never post.....Glenn Murray until the end of the season? Not many minutes at Brighton 🤔

If I wouldn't have a player in my fantasy team I've no interest in them at Villa so hard no from me

I really don’t like the idea of Bowen. His championship goal record is akin to the likes of Kodjia and a pre-Villa Hogan. We shouldn’t be looking in that league IMO. Grabban is an absolute goal machine in that league which says everything. No good seems to come from championship signings. 

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I really don’t like the idea of Bowen. His championship goal record is akin to the likes of Kodjia and a pre-Villa Hogan. We shouldn’t be looking in that league IMO. Grabban is an absolute goal machine in that league which says everything. No good seems to come from championship signings. 

Ashley Young?

Fabian Delph?

• Like 1