January Transfers 2019/20

sne

might be time to insert a mental fortitude test into our shopping. we seem to attractive weak-minded players that would rather stroll around and collect than actually play ball. our midfield + attack leaves so much to be desired and I really hope we try to rectify it this january for our survival's sake.

Said it multiple times but scratch under the surface of our best first 11 and we're incredibly poor, and today highlighted that yet again. Though, it's not an surprising situation to be in for a newly promoted team. 

We really need 4 or 5 players in this window who can come in and make an impact on the first 11. Huge window ahead, and Smith and the board have an incredibly difficult job on their hands. The type of business we need to do is incredibly difficult in January. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

In fairness we have a championship squad, 

4 PL players in Mings, Heaton, McGinn & Jack.

5 potentials in Wesley, D luiz, Guilbert, Trez, Anwar

5 that are up in the Air: Konsa, Hause, Davis, Engels, Marvelous 

the rest of the squad is mid level championship. 

Connor (although does get goals)

kodjia, Elmo, Chester, Taylor, Lansbury, Jota plus the keepers we should be looking to move on and replace. 

In jan we need 5 players 3 ready mad PL players and 2 more potentials

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Can we get our money back on Nakamba?

We ordered the marvellous edition. We clearly have the Beginner level 

He was brilliant in a couple of games, but also seems to have regressed massively along with others.

Strange.

Today was another sobering reminder of how strong our squad is e.g. not very.

Without Mings and Grealish our level certainly isn't premier league.

Hoping for two signings this week. DS already said he's hopeful we'll get in a striker so we'll see what's going on.

The money will be there. I have no doubt about that. I do question the value for money we will get though.

We don't have an amazing return on what we bought last summer. Time will tell on that. But we have to get it right now.

Its fair to say we had to do a lot of business, we had to make the money stretch a long way as we had no squad to speak of. So yes, it is naive to expect all of our acquistions to pay off, but a lot of them now seem to be massively underperforming after a decent start, or are just not up to it.

You have to start somewhere and build, I know. Smith is also having to learn the hard way. I'm excited that we have money to spend but I'm nervous we'll spend it on crap.

Smith playing down our chances of singing any decent players, saying no one will want to sell their players. We aren't going to find a miracle fix with new signings, and if we sign five or six like some are suggesting then we're going to have the same problem that we had in the first half of the season that being that they need time to settle in and gel as a team, something the players signed in the summer haven't managed yet. As well as new players, we also need Smith and coaching team to improve the players we already have.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, useless said:

Smith playing down our chances of singing any decent players, saying no one will want to sell their players. We aren't going to find a miracle fix with new signings, and if we sign five or six like some are suggesting then we're going to have the same problem that we had in the first half of the season that being that they need time to settle in and gel as a team, something the players signed in the summer haven't managed yet. As well as new players, we also need Smith and coaching team to improve the players we already have.

I didn't get that. If anything it was an admittance we're looking at quite a number of players. The bit about clubs not emwanting to sell and prioritising was a vague warning to clubs taking the piss. We'll move on swiftly.